Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Old 03-09-2004, 08:37 PM   #21
jonez

But I am sure he will try changing his story again.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:18 PM   #22
umplumpa10

ok I'm surprised this comment didnt come from Sweet already, but the title of this post is "nitrous on stock........or can be done with a few mods".......does that seem a little contradictory to anyone else?? To me, any mods to the engine would basically mean its not stock. But maybe thats just me.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:44 AM   #23
dopey

well in my opinion... adding nos to a stock motor isnt really a mod...... its more like putting a ticking time bomb on ur motor......

go ahead and do it if u want....... but im betting its gonna go BOOM sooner or later
Old 03-10-2004, 01:37 AM   #24
havik

^^ agreed

DO NOT ADD NOS TO A STOCK MOTOR!!! <_<
Old 03-25-2004, 03:03 AM   #25
JonE

Ok tired of the fear nitrous speeches so here oges my expierence. I had a 96 chevy cavalier 2.2 ohv with a 75 shot. It is a zex kit at push button response and not by rpms. Had the car three years at 160,000 miles and only had to rebuild the engine once. (only needed rings and probally from the many miles) THere is that story.

As for my new found alero. I have started with a 55 shot from my zex kit and no problems. RUN NITROUS ONCE AND CHECK PLUGS. If you get white plugs don't use it. I also put in a stock K & N filter replacement for more air flow.

Things I have learned with my nitrous expierence.
(1) Have more air flow in and out your engine if possible.
(2) Start with a small shot and see how it does.
(3) Do not spray every weekend, give the car a break.
(4) Only spray when your foot is to the floor so you know the fuel is there.
(5) Listen for pinging noises, if you get them your not getting enough fuel.
(6) DO NOT use below 93 octane or you will get those pinging noises(detonation).

Every one in forums scared me from using this stuff way back when then my friend sprayed a 75 dry shot a 1.6 type r motor. Needless to say I am ok with it now. If you have any questions I will try to answer them regarding nitrous or anything else. And if I blow a motor or my winshield wipers quit working because I use nitrous I will glady tell everyone here and hopefully show what blew and why.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:19 PM   #26
havik

Fear nitrous speeches?

Nobody here is saying nitrous is a bad idea, nor are we attempting to scare anyone away from it. We're just noting the obvious, that adding nitrous to stock motors is a bad idea.

Welcome to the forums btw
Old 03-27-2004, 06:23 AM   #27
AleroSS

Good post there dude on Nos, I would have to agree on most points, and add that that normally applies for most major engine mods, whether it be spray, blowers, or boost. Fuel Management is key! You also may wanna completely overhaul your injectors and fuel pump for some bigger ones... Let us know how it goes...
Old 04-14-2004, 03:15 AM   #28
JonE

By the way have pictures of my zex install if any one wants a how to guide made out of em. And so far nothing has blown up on a 65 shot.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:20 PM   #29
havik

Hey, do you have a place to store the pics? Cause I can store them on a site and we can create a thread that links to them. Pm me if your interested.