Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Old 01-03-2004, 12:31 AM   #1
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
Well now that i got my new alero... im allready sick of the stock exhaust... im wondering what is going to sound good... i have a few Flowmaster 40 series layin around... im thinking about doing a cat back with one of those and a deacent tip...
has anyone run a setup like this one a eco? wut do you guys think will sound good.. or know will sound good
i dont want a ricey sounding car... allthou i know it wont rumble like my 400( bored and camed :thumbsup: ) lol i dunn want a Fart-can on there either...
any imput would be appreceated.
thanks in advance

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 08:40 PM   #2
havik

The Ecotec Exhausts thread discusses the Dynomax muffler. I've heard this on a 2.2 before and it sounded something like your looking for (don't know about the performance improvements though)
Old 01-05-2004, 07:17 PM   #3
BLK03GXS
GLS member

i dont really care about the performance, i am well aware i will gain nothing... i just dont like anything i'm driving to sound like arse... lol
but the dynomax muffler is a little different from a flowie...

Old 01-06-2004, 06:11 PM   #4
AleroSS

Hey Rob, did you ever put Chads Exhaust on your alero?
Old 01-07-2004, 01:59 AM   #5
havik

Still waiting, kinda hoping something else pulls through :thumbsup:
Old 01-07-2004, 10:00 PM   #6
geedog66

question do u have a 5spd or auto trans on your alero???
right now on my 5spd i got an universal arospeed dual muffler cat-back under the suspension set up wit rksport header that has a rumble to it i dont know how it will sound on an auto trans but i like the way it sounds its pretty loud just the way i have and it does sound ricey at all here are some pictures of what i got
Old 01-07-2004, 10:03 PM   #7
geedog66

i also have 2 1/2" piping on it
Old 01-07-2004, 10:05 PM   #8
geedog66

heres a pic of the header i got on
Old 01-08-2004, 12:57 AM   #9
BLK03GXS
GLS member

i have a 5spd... allmost wish that i had the auto... :rolleyes: lol had to have it rebuilt at 1500k issed: oh well.. got to love the 100,000k warrenty with no deductable lol :thumbsup:
I think what im going to do is a cat back Kustom with a 40 series flowie, and 2.5 inch pipeing... got a guy here localy that will bend it for me el-cheepo..
I was wondering if anyone else has tryed somethin like this...i Deffinatly dont want something ricey...
Like i think i said b4 i know its not gunna sound like my 400... but i dunn want it to sound like my exhaust is in a can of watter....lol

Old 01-08-2004, 01:04 PM   #10
havik

Once you get your exhaust completed, you gots to post some pics of it :thumbsup:
Old 01-09-2004, 01:52 AM   #11
BLK03GXS
GLS member

:thumbsup: ohh no worries there lol

Old 01-09-2004, 01:55 AM   #12
BLK03GXS
GLS member

ohhh BTW, geedog66 im thinin about that headder that you got, what did it set you back?

Old 01-09-2004, 06:29 PM   #13
geedog66

the headers set me back like 400 dollars but to me the headers made the biggest difference in my ride its well worth the 400 i paid for it the headers are made by rksport
Old 01-09-2004, 06:54 PM   #14
BLK03GXS
GLS member

Awsome.. arent there a coupple other companys making eco headders? or am i out in left feild...lol

Old 02-22-2004, 03:18 AM   #15
d00fN00BeR

what's the best company for headers and exhaust for the 2.2?
Old 04-03-2004, 03:32 PM   #16
BLK03GXS
GLS member

I dont know who does make prefab stuff for the eco alero... i know for the cavys n shuch (Jbodys) their are a few, you would be best off IMO to find a reputable exhause shop in your area and buy the parts you want... Ie headder, muffler and tip if neciccarry, and get the shop 2 fab you something.

Oh and btw i have my Exhaust done now... for the short term, basicly just hacked off the stock muff and mounted a 40 series flowmaster... sounds good.. but im not gunna post any pics untill i get a tip h34r: cus yea... lol. Because the muff is long and 2.50 hard to find a short length tip in that ID..anyways its just got a piece of 2.25pipe in there fer now.. sounds good now :thumbsup: verry happy with the sound.. and when i get tax's back it will get a full 2.25+cat deleate...

Old 04-03-2004, 11:15 PM   #17
havik

I'm not sure which is the best either, I haven't seen any dyno results but I could look for some.

I know rsmracing and rksport headers will fit the alero, I'm not sure about pacesetter but I think so.