Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 11-27-2008, 10:46 PM   #1
AJules
GLS member

AJules is on a distinguished road
Door Poppers Crapped Out

My door poppers completely stopped working.
I tried both remotes, and it's not the remote batteries.

I had to call AAA to come break into my car for me yesterday.

I then pulled it into the garage, checked the fuses, they're good, I took the paneling off the door and everything is still in place.

I don't know what to do.

I called an auto customs place and its 175 for a whole new door popper system installed. I have no idea if that's a good or a bad price.

What do you guys think?
AJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:57 PM   #2
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
does it make any sound? clicking or just dead silence?

If its clicking then, your solenoids prolly need to be swapped out, or the cable broke to pull the latch.

Is the brain box dead? that happens alot. Thats why I use my alarm channels than having a separate brain box.

It can be anything. Double check all the wiring. Wire up the door poppers straight to the battery to see if it pops or not. Then you'll know if the brain box may be bad. If all your wiring and fuses are good.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:05 PM   #3
AJules
GLS member

AJules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AftermathAlero View Post
does it make any sound? clicking or just dead silence?

If its clicking then, your solenoids prolly need to be swapped out, or the cable broke to pull the latch.

Is the brain box dead? that happens alot. Thats why I use my alarm channels than having a separate brain box.

It can be anything. Double check all the wiring. Wire up the door poppers straight to the battery to see if it pops or not. Then you'll know if the brain box may be bad. If all your wiring and fuses are good.

Theres no clicking, no sound whatsoever.

I checked the cables and both doors are fine, but neither are working.

I'm assuming it's the brain box right now.

Do you know how much it should cost just to get this replaced assuming I take it to a shop?
AJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:11 AM   #4
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
If its just the brain then it will cost you the price of the brain and the cost for the remotes. Also did you check the solenoids they could be stuck?
Old 11-28-2008, 08:03 AM   #5
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
like richie said re check everything, check if the solinoids are frozen, do what richie said, and check them with a battery, if they work its the brain box, is this autoloc or spal??

never ever had one problem with spal products, if it is spal check out jaycorptechnologies.com for spal parts, or contact spal if you still have the warranty

or check the ground coming of the solinoid, ya know 1 goes to the box and the other is a ground, i ran mine through the door through the groumet and up to the dash where the fuse panle is for ground
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote