Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 04-05-2007, 01:36 PM   #1
Alero 2 Envy
GX Member

Alero 2 Envy is on a distinguished road
Coolant Leak

About 3 weeks ago my coolant light would flash every now and then until it started staying on. I checked and my coolant was way low so I topped it off. Just the begining of this week the light started flashing again and now it stayed on this morning and I am real low on coolant again. I noticed it puddles right underneath the driver side of the car and cant find any leaks from up top nor is the belt spalshing anywhere in the engine bay or under the hood.
What would leak on the driver side of the engine ?
Alero 2 Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:39 PM   #2
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
isnt there a passage there for the coolant? it goes right into the block, looks like a t-stat housing, but it isnt...did you check that?
Old 04-05-2007, 01:40 PM   #3
Alero 2 Envy
GX Member

I will check, for any water residue around there. My car also has about 115,000 miles and nothing has been touched or change. Dreading the water pump change soon. No oil and water mix either.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:43 PM   #4
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

wow...you did good for no major repairs on that kind of miles...not to scare you, but thats close to the miles that mine blew up haha...i'm sure yours is fine...if i remember right, the water pump is on the pass side near the back of the block...but i cant remember
Old 04-05-2007, 01:56 PM   #5
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrudel View Post
wow...you did good for no major repairs on that kind of miles...not to scare you, but thats close to the miles that mine blew up haha...i'm sure yours is fine...if i remember right, the water pump is on the pass side near the back of the block...but i cant remember

Yes, the water pump is on the passenger side, the first pulley you see when you are under the car. So its not it. Maybe its a worn rubber tube that goes in the block or a collar that moved.
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:36 PM   #6
Alero 2 Envy
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrudel View Post

Yeah im good to her, only sees redline about 1 time a month (on accident). Oil changes and frequent flushes keep her alive and kicking.

I have a turbocharged Mustang if I want to beat on something....

I cant see any leaks from up top so I will be going under to check. Might also do a compression check for the heck of it. I have that rough idle crap since 40,000 miles that is only getting worse...
Old 04-05-2007, 03:07 PM   #7
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

check your idle air sensor..it has a hose that goes to it, vaccuum operated(i think) if that hose cracks, it'll idle rough as all hell
Old 04-06-2007, 11:23 PM   #8
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
is your alero a straight 4 or a V6? and if its a 4 I could give u directions on how to access the waterpump easy, its not as hard though the bolts and nuts suck to get to. As for the idle I have the same prob. When i stop at a red light my car shakes ugly so i put it in neutral to stop it. What could it be? the torque conveter or is it that idle air sensor?
DOHC_tuner is offline   Reply With Quote