Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 07-21-2007, 08:20 PM   #1
nickbain
GL Member

nickbain is on a distinguished road
Exhaust

I was looking into getting a header and exhaust system for my car. I was just wondering if pacesetter is any good or are there others that I should look at first?
nickbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 10:18 PM   #2
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbain View Post
I was looking into getting a header and exhaust system for my car. I was just wondering if pacesetter is any good or are there others that I should look at first?

pacesetter is a very good brand, what engine do you have?
Old 07-21-2007, 10:23 PM   #3
mfuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
pacesetter is a very good brand, what engine do you have?
Given the sub-forum, 2.2L Ecotec, I'd guess. (Sorry btm, had to bust your chops a bit).
I think RKSport does a header, and I think Pacesetter is the only bolt-on cat-back readily available (unless you can find a used Borla or SLP)....or you can go custom.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:58 PM   #4
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
OHHH, hahahaha sorry i didnt look at where it was posted. i would say get the pacesetter exhaust (i have it for my 3.4 and i love it!), then get the pacesetter headers, that would be a pretty sweet setup!
Old 07-22-2007, 03:43 AM   #5
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

MixtapeMessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MixtapeMessiah
rksport makes a header for the eco (which would fit on urs), pacesetter and obx also makes a header for the eco. U got lucky with havin an eco cuz the parts are endless for it. For urs ur able to look for parts under a cavalier eco. Just search the forum and ur bound to find what u want, but IMO the pacesetter is ur best and cheapest bet for a header and it all depends on if u want a cat-back or custom exhaust set up.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:35 AM   #6
rollinpropercc3
GX Member

rollinpropercc3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rollinpropercc3
pacesetter quad tip exhaust....i own it and cant be anymore satisfied. i have the 5 speed 2.2 ecotec and it looks great and sounds even better. yeah its bolt on cat-back but def. worth the money for the sound alone....not sure how it would sound on the automatic tho...
Old 07-22-2007, 10:36 AM   #7
nickbain
GL Member

nickbain is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinpropercc3 View Post
pacesetter quad tip exhaust....i own it and cant be anymore satisfied. i have the 5 speed 2.2 ecotec and it looks great and sounds even better. yeah its bolt on cat-back but def. worth the money for the sound alone....not sure how it would sound on the automatic tho...

I know its hard to explain a sound but what does it sound like, is it really loud at low rpms, ear blowing at high ones or is it a nice tuned sound, not to loud but loud enough to let ya know its there. Also, does it resonate bad or is it barly noticeable.

I also have a 5 speed ecotec.
nickbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:56 PM   #8
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

Satsuriku is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinpropercc3 View Post
not sure how it would sound on the automatic tho...

wouldnt sound any different other then the rep shift points which of course you'll hear the sound go higher or lower at different points
Old 07-22-2007, 02:26 PM   #9
rollinpropercc3
GX Member

rollinpropercc3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rollinpropercc3
your right it is hard to explain sound but with mine its not super loud, but you know its there. nice smooth deep sound at low rpms which i like and slightly higher pitched sound at higher rpms...but no where near that shitty sound you hear on some hondas or acuras....with mine it back fires sometimes when i down shift, which i think sounds great but i think that happens when every car down shifts...not sure...cost me $400 2 years ago...not sure what it runs for now
you will have to slightly modify your bumper on the right side (left side fits perfect) but still worth it. (in my opinion)
Old 07-22-2007, 04:52 PM   #10
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
pacesetter makes headers for the 4cyl on pfyc.com if i remember correctly

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote