Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 05-06-2015, 05:02 PM   #201
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
You will have to wait until headers get back from coating, i plan on using my sony action cam to get a good exhaust vid while driving.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:03 PM   #202
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Thanks man, it was alot of work to get her back up, and i feel great. It was so nice to get to drive it on this nice weekend. Shes back to non running state now, cause i am taking the headers in tomorrow for coating, and going to replace the fuel pump in the mean time. But i got 150 miles out of her last 2 days so gave me some time to work out any problems i may have had

No problem man and I believe it. It's always a great feeling to have your car back the way it should be. Glad to hear the test drives went well too. Other than the nut, bolt, or tool that you lost along the way lol, but as long as everything that is supposed to be there is still there you should be fine.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:26 PM   #203
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, it HAD to be something laying inside the bay, ive checked EVERYTHING and its all still in tact. So i cant say what it was. But when it did happen, i checked the most important bolts, then continued to have the car out and about for about 6 hours before i actually gave it a full look over.

I cant wait to have my headers back from coating. Im ready to drive it again! Its like im teasing myself, i drove her for 2 days, now cant drive her again until i get headers and fuel pump in. Lol

I plan on doing the pump this weekend.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:47 PM   #204
That01Olds
GLS member

Yeah then everything should be fine. I guess you'll find out if it was a tool or not when you go to look for it and discover it's missing lol. Any idea how long it's going to take to get the headers back from coating so that you can drive it again?
Old 05-07-2015, 08:31 PM   #205
sleepyalero
GLS member

They said 1.5 weeks tops, i dropped them off monday, so im hoping this saturday really, but could be as late as next Thursday probabaly.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-08-2015, 01:10 AM   #206
That01Olds
GLS member

That's not too bad then. Get the fuel pump done this weekend, have the headers back by next week, and you'll be back to driving her by next weekend at the latest.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:41 AM   #207
sleepyalero
GLS member

May drive her to work next week if i can, still needs an alignment
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-08-2015, 07:05 PM   #208
That01Olds
GLS member

Nice man. As far as the alignment goes that's a pretty easy fix. You could probably get that done while you're at work or on lunch if you wanted to. Of course that depends on if you're planning on doing it yourself or having it done by someone else.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:12 PM   #209
sleepyalero
GLS member

I can do it at work, but dont care too, ill have my local GM dealer align the car for me, they have done all the alignments on my black car and im always satisfied so meh.

Also had them do the red car.

Reason i dont want to do it is because camber/caster is a real PITA to get in spec.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-08-2015, 08:27 PM   #210
That01Olds
GLS member

Yeah this is true that it is. Plus it's just easier and quicker to have them do it honestly. Especially if they've done it before and you're satisfied with the work. That's why I suggested it would be a pretty easy fix if you had someone else do it as opposed to having to do it yourself lol.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:11 PM   #211
sleepyalero
GLS member

Yeah, the dealer i always take her too loves my car, and treats it with much respect. I get it back clean, no finger prints or anything on it. And of course they show me before and after alignment specs. I don't trust side shops with my nice car. If i HAVE to take it somewhere its always my local dealer. They know how i feel about the car and just provide great service for me with the car. So they will always be first choice when i need something done.

I mean i do all my work myself at home, but alignements of course i cant do at home..
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-09-2015, 06:08 PM   #212
That01Olds
GLS member

That's great man. It's nice to have a car dealer that is like that with your car. Especially since it's getting harder and harder to find good car dealers these days. I know the Mazda dealer I bought my Volvo, Mazda3, and Miata from is like that and that's why I continue to buy from them and have my car serviced there. They even give you a free car wash every time you bring your car in for service and that isn't something you see a lot anymore. Plus they never try to sell me anything my car doesn't need like some of these other dealers try to do and the service department manager even knows me by name. That's what I call good service.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:17 PM   #213
sleepyalero
GLS member

Exactly. I hate shops that just say hey you need this! Very frustrating
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-10-2015, 10:50 PM   #214
That01Olds
GLS member

Heck yeah it is! The sad part about shops like those is that they take advantage of a lot of people who know nothing to very little about their car. So anyone who brings their car into their shop just automatically has sucker written across their forehead. Unfortunately for them they forget that some of us actually are knowledgeable people when it comes to our cars. So they can try that crap, but in the end it isn't going to work.
Old 05-11-2015, 03:04 PM   #215
sleepyalero
GLS member

Shiny!

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-11-2015, 04:38 PM   #216
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet! Looks awesome buddy :-)

Are they back on yet? Lmao

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:53 PM   #217
sleepyalero
GLS member

They are back on now. now to go drive her!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-11-2015, 07:54 PM   #218
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by That01Olds View Post
Heck yeah it is! The sad part about shops like those is that they take advantage of a lot of people who know nothing to very little about their car. So anyone who brings their car into their shop just automatically has sucker written across their forehead. Unfortunately for them they forget that some of us actually are knowledgeable people when it comes to our cars. So they can try that crap, but in the end it isn't going to work.

Oh i know, i hate when i work on my own car and go to say get an alignment (happened on daily) they said i needed a brake flush and trans flush. Lol i may need it but the car has 159k on it and never flushed trans. Im not risking a flush to destroy my shit.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-11-2015, 10:15 PM   #219
That01Olds
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Oh i know, i hate when i work on my own car and go to say get an alignment (happened on daily) they said i needed a brake flush and trans flush. Lol i may need it but the car has 159k on it and never flushed trans. Im not risking a flush to destroy my shit.

Very shiny! Glad to see you got them back man. Yeah I feel ya on that one. My Alero had 183k miles when my dad mentioned to me that they had never flushed the trans while I was doing an oil change one day. I pretty much said the same thing. Well I'm not going to do it now after all these miles and risk doing more harm than good. The car was at 205-207k when my sister traded it in and the car still had the original transmission and trans fluid in it.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:39 PM   #220
sleepyalero
GLS member

Yeah i hope the daily lasts awhile on the stock fluid without changing. That would be awesome.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote: