Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

View Poll Results: What are you most interested in?
High end Lip kits (front lip, side skirts, rear vallance) 32 18.93%
Cheap lip kits $350 range, or $150 range individually 38 22.49%
Full Bodykits (cheap) $600 range 78 46.15%
Full Bodykits (high end like Veilside) 35 20.71%
Hoods (High end only) 47 27.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2007, 01:41 AM   #221
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

MixtapeMessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MixtapeMessiah
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawzbear View Post
since they could shoehorn (stock) 4.6l v8's in the back of a Pontiac Fiero GT and STILL have trunk space... you can do it to an alero, imo... lol. damn im getting me a fiero...

Ive seen twin turbo 350 fieros, fast as eff but anything is possible with enough money, expecially in the ho.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:00 AM   #222
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
yep me too. im trying to get my hands on a Fiero GT. just not easy to come across. A guy in our Pontiac car club buys and sells them so hes keeping his eye out for a good one i may want...
Old 04-18-2007, 09:01 PM   #223
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
Hmm.. was that about the same time the supercharger kit came out?

no the s/c kit came out in 02 or 03 i think
Old 05-06-2007, 02:14 AM   #224
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

jturkey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jturkey69
so where are you with this??
2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 6spd MODDED! (wifes pocket rocket)
1998 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0...modded, and fun DD

jturkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:17 AM   #225
powerlifter812
GX Member

powerlifter812 is an unknown quantity at this point
The lip plug is pretty much finished as far as shape, we still need to finish coating it so that we can pull a mold. I'll get you guys some more pictures once it has a unified color coating. We have the lip secured to the factory bumper and are trying to decide weather or not to just skip the lip and go for the full bumper. At the top of the lip, where it meets the bumper on the front side, the area is so thin that I'm affraid that we may run into problems with the finished piece being too brittle. I don't want you guys putting these things on your car and having them chip if they get flexed a little too much. As long as we don't run into any problems in our next few sessions, I think that we're going to build the lip anyway and do some extensive testing on it before we release it, i.e. high speed, low impact, vibrations, etc.. Sorry for the wait, I know you guys are eager, but I want to make sure that you are getting a high quality piece and not some low budget piece of crap shipped in from over-seas.
powerlifter812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:21 AM   #226
2.2l Monster
GX Member

2.2l Monster is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 2.2l Monster
Cool man cant wait to see what it looks like.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:48 AM   #227
CiscoPath
GL Member

CiscoPath is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey, man. I just appreciate you givin us a heads up every now and then. We ALL do
CiscoPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:19 PM   #228
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlifter812 View Post
The lip plug is pretty much finished as far as shape, we still need to finish coating it so that we can pull a mold. I'll get you guys some more pictures once it has a unified color coating. We have the lip secured to the factory bumper and are trying to decide weather or not to just skip the lip and go for the full bumper. At the top of the lip, where it meets the bumper on the front side, the area is so thin that I'm affraid that we may run into problems with the finished piece being too brittle. I don't want you guys putting these things on your car and having them chip if they get flexed a little too much. As long as we don't run into any problems in our next few sessions, I think that we're going to build the lip anyway and do some extensive testing on it before we release it, i.e. high speed, low impact, vibrations, etc.. Sorry for the wait, I know you guys are eager, but I want to make sure that you are getting a high quality piece and not some low budget piece of crap shipped in from over-seas.
I'm glad you're actually taking the necessary steps to make a quality part. I can speak for pretty much everyone when I say we really appreciate what you're doing for us. Keep up the good work and take some more pics!
Old 05-09-2007, 03:07 PM   #229
TwistedDreams
VIP

TwistedDreams is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TwistedDreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilner521 View Post
I'm glad you're actually taking the necessary steps to make a quality part. I can speak for pretty much everyone when I say we really appreciate what you're doing for us. Keep up the good work and take some more pics!

Let me add to that and say that I hope after all of these parts for the alero, people are taking THEIR TIME AND MONEY, to make then we have a few less stock alero's on here
Old 07-19-2007, 08:56 AM   #230
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
updates?!
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:19 PM   #231
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
he hasnt loged in since may and im not going to go thru hole post but was there any real pics?? and hes been a member since 03 and has 21 post its not going 2 happen just like silent trying to get aas and other places to make the osv didnt happen
pimpalero2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:46 PM   #232
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnut View Post
Here's for the people that can't get it to work. Better than I thought but it doesn't look like it is close to being finished.

just those, a little better than Silent's, at least.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:03 PM   #233
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
ahh ok that shouldnt take that long to make that and even the i still like the ********* kit
pimpalero2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:14 AM   #234
powerlifter812
GX Member

powerlifter812 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys, sorry for the LONG delay. We finished the lip that you see in the pictures above and tested it. Then we sold the design to a Canadian company that refuses to sell them here in the US. Just kidding. The results of our testing were not satisfactory. We had some structural problems with the piece at high speeds in windy conditions. As I've said before, we will not offer some "made in china" junk, we will only offer high quality pieces. We have re-designed our structural areas of concern and are in the finishing stages of this prototype and with any luck, this one won't crack at 100+ mph. Again, I appologize for not logging on sooner to update you, I've been at the shop working with my team trying to remedy the problems we had with the first piece. We're also in the early stages of a fiberglass hood with and without a ram-air feature, and we're working on some fiberglass fenders. We'll be releasing some paintable fiberglass spare tire covers late this month or early next month on ebay as well, I'll let you know when I do it. Our website is also just about complete so we won't have to do the ebay thing for long. Thank you all for your support and patients.
powerlifter812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:18 AM   #235
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
I want that bodykit for my girls alero, i would get it for mine but am happy with the bodykit I have maybe not the back bumper. Keep us informed
Old 08-08-2007, 01:03 AM   #236
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
well. id make it look closer to the OSV while youre fixing it up. other than that its perfect. what are you doing for backbumper and skirts?
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:35 AM   #237
zoL
Premier V.I.P. Member

zoL is on a distinguished road
Anyone else notice the poll comes out to 135.78% when you add up all the percentages?

"If the author of the Declaration of Independence were to utter such a sentiment today, the Post Office Department could exclude him from the mail, grand juries could indict him for sedition and criminal syndicalism, legislative committees could seize his private papers ... and United States Senators would be clamoring for his deportation that he... should be sent back to live with the rest of the terrorists." - Frank I. Cobb
zoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:54 AM   #238
[ion] C2
636 whp

^lolwtf
Old 08-09-2007, 02:22 AM   #239
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoL View Post
Anyone else notice the poll comes out to 135.78% when you add up all the percentages?

because it's multiple choice.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:37 AM   #240
TwistedDreams
VIP

TwistedDreams is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TwistedDreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
because it's multiple choice.