Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 03-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
mastershake
GL Member

mastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond repute
wheel hub, all of my wat

so i just replaced a wheel hub for a supposedly bad WSS in november because of the abs/trac off/svs lights that came on every time i started driving.

the lights went away for the last couple months. now, driving in wet weather, they are starting to come back.

i ensured the harness was secured and plugged in fully when we did the hub so i know fosho i didnt mess up any wires.

discuss.
mastershake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
water in wires, shorts
you used insulating grease in the connections right lol
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
mastershake
GL Member

mastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond repute
no i didn't >.<

is dielectric grease the same thing?
Old 03-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
ya

idk on something like that that is constantly being exposed to water, i would definitely use it. you obviously know your hubs are fine, the only negative here is the annoying dash lights and possibly a lack of ABS functionality
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #5
mastershake
GL Member

ive got a tube of napa sil-glyde i bought for weatherstripping. would that work?
Old 03-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #6
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
follow this:
http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...ighlight=bored

and what i recommend is squirting the harnesses with salt water and manipulating them (bending, gently pulling) at places such as the area where the wires bend from the chassis to the control arms and also where the harness goes from the control arm to the knuckle. this is of course if your having an issue with the front sensors.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:37 AM   #7
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
it could be your wheel bearing. my buddys alero is having the same fit right now. both of his front hubs got replaced (they really needed it) and that solved the light problems for a while. then after a while when they stated coming back so we went to get a read on his computer. it read that the drivers speed sensor (in the wheel bearing) was the source of the problem and needed to be replaced. after replacement, whala, lights off.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #8
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
Well i am pretty sure that it is a wheel bearing/hub assembly all in one. i know some models of cars you have to pack the bearing into the hub but the alero is not one of them.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:33 PM   #9
mastershake
GL Member

so i put an acceptable amount of dielectric grease on the connections, and now the lights are coming on EVERY time i drive away.

also i was at the store, turned my car off to go in, and the trac off light stayed on. i thought it would turn off in a minute, so i go into the store. come out, get in my car, and the light is still on :o wtf?
Old 03-08-2012, 07:25 AM   #10
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
what are the codes?
Old 03-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #11
mastershake
GL Member

left front excessive wheel spin like usual.

i want to try your method to check for a broken wire, but how do i remove the plastic jacket around the wires without breaking it?

also, i tried playing with the harness while the car was running to see if i could get the code to pop up but it wont o.O
Old 03-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #12
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

what you really need to do is check for ohms at the ebcm and wiggle the wires. THAT will tell you if you have a broken wire. a nother easy way to tell is just grab the connector in one hand and gently tug on the wires (about 3 inches down the BODY harness) with the other hand. TYPICALY thats where the wire breaks.

as far as the jacket: do you mean the black hose like thing? should just have some electrical tape around the end of it, cut the tape and peel away.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #13
mastershake
GL Member

ill try that sometime this coming week when its in the upper 60s

any idea as to why it's shorting out EVERY TIME now since ive put on the dielectric grease? i didnt SLATHER it on so i know i didnt put too much on...
Old 03-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #14
unchained01
GX Member

unchained01 is on a distinguished road
The grease only needed to be on the rubber gasket that looks like an accordion That's all no where else. If you put it on the end of the plug (male end ) clean them and see what happens. And use a q-tip to clean the female end the grease will cause a connection Also did ya pull the battery cable off when you replaced the hubs ? If you didn't the ECM may still be holding the code Just some ideas for you if you don't find a wire problem

Last edited by unchained01 : 03-09-2012 at 06:53 PM.
unchained01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #15
mastershake
GL Member

it's dielectic grease which means it's meant to go ON connections, and i did just recently have the battery unplugged when i put my CAI in. so it's not that.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #16
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

ok. im a little woohoo but im goign to do my best. its possibly that while adding the ghresees you could habe messed with the wiresrsxca nad that could havfe acuased the wi4res to break a bit more or somethinsg. could make the light come on more. nedd to find out if you hgots broke nwire.x

woooo im durnk
Old 03-10-2012, 01:03 AM   #17
mastershake
GL Member

^lolololol, Ill be checking the wires sometime this week probably
Old 03-10-2012, 01:36 AM   #18
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
ok. im a little woohoo but im goign to do my best. its possibly that while adding the ghresees you could habe messed with the wiresrsxca nad that could havfe acuased the wi4res to break a bit more or somethinsg. could make the light come on more. nedd to find out if you hgots broke nwire.x

woooo im durnk

hahahahhahahhaha
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #19
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

not my best moment...
Old 03-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #20
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
hahhahaa... I thought it was awesome. What you said is still valid dude