Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 12-04-2005, 01:27 PM   #1
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
alrite everybody, i started installing my body kit. it is actually going pretty smoothly.
i have a few questions, tho.
for one, how are the side skirts installed? do they fit over the stock ones? or do it take the stock ones off.
also, the gap around the headlights is huge. any ideas for fixing that would help.

and any other suggestions would be great.
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 01:34 PM   #2
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
Quote:
Originally posted by 2fst4u@Dec 4 2005, 12:27 PM
alrite everybody, i started installing my body kit. it is actually going pretty smoothly.
for one, how are the side skirts installed? do they fit over the stock ones? or do it take the stock ones off.
also, the gap around the headlights is huge. any ideas for fixing that would help.

I don't own one, i own the forbidden kit though.. but same process to install.

Side skirts you need to take off the stock rockers and put them on. Prolly need to make your own brackets for support.

Gap around headlights, it was made like that. If you want to fix that, you need to re-fiberglass that area and do it yourself on the car. Or else it would never be perfect.

No kit is made perfect.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:15 PM   #3
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by AftermathAlero+Dec 4 2005, 12:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AftermathAlero @ Dec 4 2005, 12:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-2fst4u@Dec 4 2005, 12:27 PM
alrite everybody, i started installing my body kit.Â;-) it is actually going pretty smoothly.
for one, how are the side skirts installed?Â;-) do they fit over the stock ones?Â;-) or do it take the stock ones off.
also, the gap around the headlights is huge.Â;-) any ideas for fixing that would help.

I don't own one, i own the forbidden kit though.. but same process to install.

Side skirts you need to take off the stock rockers and put them on. Prolly need to make your own brackets for support.

Gap around headlights, it was made like that. If you want to fix that, you need to re-fiberglass that area and do it yourself on the car. Or else it would never be perfect.

No kit is made perfect.
[/b][/quote]

actually wrong.......LEAVE THE STOCK ROCKERS ON!!

the ass sideskirts utilize the lip of the stock rockers to fit over....

right no kit is perfect buy my aas didn't really have a headlight gap problem....
Old 12-04-2005, 06:37 PM   #4
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
its is not that hard to lower your headlights in order to close the gap. My stock alero had a huge 1"+ gap under the passenger side light and you could see the wiring behind the bumper cover. Each headlight is held on by 2 brackets that plug into the front of the car. Each bracket has a peg in the middle that keeps it centered. Just take the bracket off, cut the peg off and drill some new holes and you could easily mount it plus or minus a couple inches. Hard to explain but if you look at it yourself it is simple to figure out. You might need to reallign you headlights though.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:00 AM   #5
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

alrite, i'm going to have to remount one of my sideskirts it sounds like. i ripped it off in haste to get this thing finished.
as far as the headlights go, the biggest gap is around the corner marker area. there is a 1.5 inch gap at the point. I need some ideas to fill this area with. it doesn't have to be perfect, but i don't want to be seeing the pavement through the headlight if you know what I mean.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:06 AM   #6
FantomForceCustoms02
GL Member

FantomForceCustoms02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FantomForceCustoms02
I have that kit and I took the stock side skirts off. It was easier to put them on for me anyway. The aftermarket skirts were twisted though too.
http://www.myspace.com/fantomforce
FantomForceCustoms02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 10:05 PM   #7
rlf_unique

same problem here, my headlights have a HUGE gap, and i had to break my sideskirts in order to get them on, then refiberglass them.... for my winter project im going to build a peice of fiberglass that covers the stupid gap from my lights , it looks retarded
Old 12-07-2005, 12:49 PM   #8
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

i figured out that the bracket on the back of the headlight can be removed. then, put some washers in between the light and bracket and reinstall. voila, the headlights cover up the gap.
as far as the side skirts are going. horrible.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:14 PM   #9
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
my aas side skirts are over my stockers, thats the way they are suppose to be.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:01 PM   #10
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by johny_boy32@Dec 7 2005, 01:14 PM
my aas side skirts are over my stockers, thats the way they are suppose to be.

exactly......
Old 12-07-2005, 08:44 PM   #11
koruptid
V.I.P. Member

koruptid is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to koruptid
yeah i put mine right over top my stock ones as well
koruptid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 07:30 PM   #12
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

now, how did you guys secure them to the old rockers?
and did you break the clips on the old ones when you took them off.
these things are really kicking my butt. give me your help, please.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:48 PM   #13
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
dunno, but I'll tell ya this much....I had to do alot of modding the sideskirts when I got my kit. The left one was 1/2" too long, and the right one was 1/4" too short. Fun Fun.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 10:20 PM   #14
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
Quote:
Originally posted by BlackJack@Dec 8 2005, 08:48 PM
dunno, but I'll tell ya this much....I had to do alot of modding the sideskirts when I got my kit. The left one was 1/2" too long, and the right one was 1/4" too short. Fun Fun.

ya and everyone complained of the VERY minor problems "forbidden kit" had with fitment, from what i hear AAS is about 10x worse. only problem i had with the "forbidden kit" was the headlight sag but that was an easy fix.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:54 PM   #15
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
Quote:
Originally posted by sound_xtreme+Dec 8 2005, 09:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sound_xtreme @ Dec 8 2005, 09:20 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-BlackJack@Dec 8 2005, 08:48 PM
dunno, but I'll tell ya this much....I had to do alot of modding the sideskirts when I got my kit.Â;-) The left one was 1/2" too long, and the right one was 1/4" too short.Â;-) Fun Fun.

ya and everyone complained of the VERY minor problems "forbidden kit" had with fitment, from what i hear AAS is about 10x worse. only problem i had with the "forbidden kit" was the headlight sag but that was an easy fix.
[/b][/quote]

NO kidding. Now everyone knows that no kit is perfect direct from production.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:37 AM   #16
koruptid
V.I.P. Member

koruptid is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to koruptid
yeah my driver side skirt is a bit too long...and my other one is kinda twisted...something else to cost me money
koruptid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 11:41 AM   #17
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

but how did you secure them to the stock rockers?
maybe some pictures please.
i'm snowed in today and want to get these roughed in.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:16 AM   #18
rlf_unique

dont have pics, i had to break mine and refiberglass them tho, on the sides, and i bolted mine overtop the stock ones
Old 12-13-2005, 01:38 PM   #19
kwhauck
2Screwy

i don't have any pics but i used double side tape and 6 screws, 3 on each end of the side skirt and and then double sided tape the length of each sideskirt on the lip, then i molded, although it would have held fine with what i mentioned without the molding......
Old 12-16-2005, 02:42 PM   #20
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

i doubt the edge would have looked presentable tho if you hadn't molded it