Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 04-04-2004, 01:51 AM   #1
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Q: Does anyone make clear tails for my Alero?
A: No company actually mass produces them. The only way to get them is to either make them yourself or pay Anderbra (a member of this forum) to make them for you.

Q: Ok, but I've seen some pics of Aleros with clear tails. Are you sure they don't sell them?
A: Yes, all of the pics on the internet of so-called euro tails on aleros were custom made. If you do not have the skills to make them yourself, there is not a real easy way to learn how without risking perminantly screwing up your lights. I would just pay Anderbra to make a set for you.

Q: What about the guys who have dark tail lights? How do I do that?
A: That is a product called Spray Tint. You can buy it at almost any big auto parts store. You take out your tails, open them up, and spray a few coats of tint on. It is pretty simple.

Q: What about the people who have pinstripes on their tails?
A: The best way to do it is to take apart the tails and add the pinstriping to the insides.

Q: Has anyone put vinyl overlays on their tails? Has anyone painted them?
A: Sure. Vinyl works allright, but not great. Paint works better... but it is perminant. For vinyl, no one sells it... you'll have to have a local shop cut it to shape for you. You will also need a hair dryer to put them on to shrink the vinyl onto the lights. Paint is pretty simple... you just mask off what you don't want to be covered... and spray them (of course when they're off your car).

Here are pics of options:
Vinyl:

Anderbra: go to http://invision.aleromod.com/index.php?showtopic=25&hl= for more info

Paint:

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 01:53 AM   #2
acidethereal

i want painted tails naich do you do them? if not who does?
Old 04-04-2004, 01:57 AM   #3
Naich
The Founder

No, I don't do them... for the best results, and to get them matched to your paint, get it done by a reputable body shop. If not, you can buy some white paint that is close in color, and mask it off yourself. Of course, if could bleed and look like crap. That's why I suggest getting a set of tails from a junkyard to use, in case you screw up, you don't get screwed over.... know what I mean?

Old 04-06-2004, 09:47 AM   #4
scotttherock

hey naich would putting maybe 2 layers of black heavy masking tape inside the tails, in whatever design u want work instead of the vinyl?
Old 04-06-2004, 01:04 PM   #5
Naich
The Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by scotttherock@Apr 6 2004, 09:47 AM
hey naich would putting maybe 2 layers of black heavy masking tape inside the tails, in whatever design u want work instead of the vinyl?
you mean leaving the tape inside the lights? I would be affraid of fire... plus it would look like masking tape stuck on the inside of your lights. I would use paint... personally.

Old 04-06-2004, 02:18 PM   #6
scotttherock

ok yea i didnt think of that...ok naich seeing your a yankee fan and pissing on the red sox logo which i love, i guess u live in the ny nj area...what if i spray tint my tails to look like skiboarders tails? is that legal , and what are the laws in the tri state area with tinting tails? bc they will be permanent once done
Old 04-06-2004, 02:24 PM   #7
Naich
The Founder

I believe that it is illegal to spray tint your tails... but I am not sure. I havn't done it to my car. I doubt you will get a ticket from it, but passing inspection might be difficult. I think if you paint it from the outside, but leave holes in it so the light can shine through, that would be legal. Again, you would have to check the laws yourself, because I really don't know for sure.

However, skiboarders tails (the ones in this thread, not his new cleared tails) are vinyl overlays, not spray tint. If you use vinyl or paint, and leave holes, it should be legal.

Old 04-06-2004, 05:04 PM   #8
scotttherock

why would the spray tint be like questionable, and paint or vinyl be legal? whats the difference?
Old 04-06-2004, 09:30 PM   #9
Naich
The Founder

with spray tint, you would be covering the entire inside of the tails.... to make them "blacked out". I don't think that is legal. I might be wrong, but that is what I assume. With paint and vinyl, threre are going to be parts cut out that lets the light shine through. As long as enough of the red shows and can shine through, I think it is legal.

Old 04-08-2004, 12:39 PM   #10
j-work

j-work is an unknown quantity at this point
Has anyone ever cleared the turn signal in the tail light? Is it even possible?
j-work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 02:24 PM   #11
havik

It's possible. fyi though, the amber (orange) tail light section isn't a removable piece, it's molded into the red section. So it would take more work to "clear" that section.
Old 04-09-2004, 04:46 PM   #12
dadirtybulldog

anything's possible.... but i've never seen it done....
Old 04-14-2004, 03:42 PM   #13
Pacho

Do you know how much anderbra charges for clear taillights?
Old 04-16-2004, 03:07 AM   #14
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

jturkey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jturkey69
here is a pic of spray on tint called "nightshades" on the outside of the tails
2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 6spd MODDED! (wifes pocket rocket)
1998 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0...modded, and fun DD

jturkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 09:29 AM   #15
duesergirl

I did pinstriping on mine, and I did it with vinyl. There's a picture in the showcase section under "duesergirl's Rozey" where you can see it pretty good. It wasn't too hard, and it was very cheap.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:14 PM   #16
dadirtybulldog

here's ya another option.... i painted mine.... also my headlights too.... check em out and give me input please....My Alero
Old 04-19-2004, 01:16 PM   #17
polarexpress17
GL Member

polarexpress17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to polarexpress17 Send a message via MSN to polarexpress17 Send a message via Yahoo to polarexpress17
i dont even wanna mention what kinda responses i got when i asked about euro tails. but i think ski either had anderbra make his new ones or helped him make them. but i know he was involved
Old 04-19-2004, 07:14 PM   #18
bnight04
GLS member

bnight04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bnight04
is there a certain type of paint to use to blacken the tail lights out? And i assume that you just mask the design of the light, that you want to shine out , but what is the best way to do it
Old 05-11-2004, 01:37 PM   #19
1WhiteOSV

my friend has a GAGT and he used spray tint on the OUTSIDE of his car and covered his corner lens where the orange piece is. He's had it for quite a while now and there's no problems....so i am guessing that spray tint does NOT have to b used on the inside only