Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 09-29-2015, 07:24 AM   #1
kbubb91
GX Member

kbubb91 is on a distinguished road
alero hubcaps are overweight junk

long story short, the plastic brackets that hold the hubcaps to the lug nuts started to fail, i got a vibration when going 75MPH, like i had a part failing.

then i bought new hubcaps a Kmart(re-tension ring rims) which off the bat was a couple pounds less then the alero hubcaps(via 4 pack)

i put the new hubcaps on and almost all of my vibrations on the thruway stopped.

aka im not a fan of those alero hubcaps that need to be secured to the LUGS, especially when the mechanic i took my car to over cranked them so i needed a hammer to get the alero hubcaps off.

Last edited by kbubb91 : 09-29-2015 at 05:49 PM.
kbubb91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:32 AM   #2
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
You mean... Hubcap?

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:13 AM   #3
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbubb91 View Post
long story short, the plastic brackets that hold the rims to the lug nuts started to fail, i got a vibration when going 75MPH, like i had a part failing.

then i bought new rims a Kmart(re-tension ring rims) which off the bat was a couple pounds less then the alero rims(via 4 pack)

i put the new rims on and almost all of my vibrations on the thruway stopped.

aka im not a fan of those alero rims that need to be secured to the LUGS, especially when the mechanic i took my car to over cranked them so i needed a hammer to get the alero rims off.
So you are bitchin because a mechanic didn't do his job correctly? The centercaps are anywhere from 16 -21 years old depending on the year of your car, things don't last forever.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 11:14 AM   #4
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah you had steel wheels, with plastic hub caps... The actual alloy wheels are alot better.

Its not a rim, the black part behind the plastic section is the rim, and the plastic thats held on by lug nuts are hub caps. And its not overweight, they weigh like 1.5 lbs if that.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:03 PM   #5
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
What did I just read?

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 04:27 PM   #6
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by 03glgold : 09-29-2015 at 04:29 PM.
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:48 PM   #7
kbubb91
GX Member

I MEANT HUBCAPS, geez, yes i said the wrong word but it should have been self explanatory as to what i meant...

the one guy is right, the hubcaps were old, beaten and damaged. im sure brand new would work better.

i also wanted to point out that the hubcaps i got were almost 2lbs lighter(both were weighed in hubcap box on a digital scale to see which was heavier) i also have been getting complements by people saying "nice wheels"
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...6L._SY355_.jpg
these are the ones i bought and i have this color alero
http://images.gtcarlot.com/pictures/24750775.jpg

now to answer the rim, i just have the bland, boring rims, 15"

Last edited by kbubb91 : 09-29-2015 at 05:59 PM.
kbubb91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:25 AM   #8
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I wasn't sure what you meant. You were so angry and made no sense whatsoever. I was sitting here thinking "Plastic rims? WTF, is he talking about an Alero or a Tata motors coupe."

Personally, I'm not crazy about those wheel covers. I wanted black rims for my Alero for so long. Finally got them, now I hate them.

2 lbs isn't that big of a deal, even if you are drag racing.

And I love that color blue. Thats a one year only color, 2000. It was a tough choice between that blue, black, and the red when I bought the car in 2000

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:03 AM   #9
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Thats kinda how i feel about wheels kenny, i get them. Love em for awhile. Then want a change. And get new wheels... Lol
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:09 PM   #10
kbubb91
GX Member

i have a 2003 alero, i knew when i bought my car it was repainted, i didnt know he used a blue not meant for my car lol