Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 12:36 AM   #1
seth..

Ecotec Vs RSX

I dont know how this is possible? A couple weekends ago i was cruising the streets and a red rsx pulled up next to me (not sure of the year), we raced from 30kph to about 120 and i pulled a hood length on him. the stock ecotec ive been told only puts out 140 horse and a rsx about 200. Is this a dream or did it actually happen. my car is stock except for a magnaflow muffler

Old 06-08-2009, 12:37 AM   #2
worknprog.99
GLS member

worknprog.99 is on a distinguished road
first off you didnt go 120 cause your car un modded will not go that fast
Old 06-08-2009, 12:38 AM   #3
worknprog.99
GLS member

worknprog.99 is on a distinguished road
Edit never mind i over looked the KPH i was thinking MPH lol
Old 06-08-2009, 12:38 AM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
A hood length. Wow. That's really descriptive and you are for sure faster than him. A hood length after how long? A mile of racing? 10 feet? What? Racing on the street proves NOTHING. The other guy might not know how to drive, or have problems, or not even be putting it down 100% throttle. NUMBERS are what matter, at the track! Not "oh so I beat a Corvette on the street" and he wasn't even racing, etc.

Street racing is looked down upon, which is why this section is the only section about racing, and is titled "At the TRACK."
Old 06-08-2009, 12:48 AM   #5
seth..

yea my alero governs at 170. question how do i bypass the governer? and it was about 200 yards or so i pulled that

Old 06-08-2009, 12:50 AM   #6
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
seth - to answer your question before this thread gets out of hand, there are many variables that affect how a car is running, but before this goes farther, take it to either provate messages between people and try your best not to post street racing stories in the future. since its illegal, its looked down upon on this site. p.s. our cars get slow after 100 and the suspension gets floaty so why do you feel the need to go faster than that? have a date at the daytona 500 or something? lol

chris- stop being such a god damn prick all the time. it seems that since your car is "oh so great" with its turbo, that your ego has risen faster than your boost. seriously, back off. you are so good at flaming people for either modding their cars or for not modding their cars. so sit back, and think before you respond. this is the internet....you can go from nice guy to prick in a hurry all in the way you present yourself.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:50 AM   #7
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdgeofSanity View Post
chris- stop being such a god damn prick all the time. it seems that since your car is "oh so great" with its turbo, that your ego has risen faster than your boost. seriously, back off. you are so good at flaming people for either modding their cars or for not modding their cars. so sit back, and think before you respond. this is the internet....you can go from nice guy to prick in a hurry all in the way you present yourself.
WHOA WHOA WHOA
I was like this before anything ever was done to my car. This guy is racing ON THE STREET, and asking about REMOVING HIS SPEED LIMITER. Just because I'm the first one to say anything bad about him doing this kind of shit, I'm the bad guy with the big ego. I don't think I've ever said SHIT for someone not doing anything to their car. And apparently you and the other effs (pimpalero2003) never seem to notice the MANY and in fact MOST posts that I make that are positive! All you see are the very few that I say something that is against what the original poster wants to do.

Sorry, I don't like this guy street racing and coming on here talking about it, or that he wants to remove his speed limiter as his first mod.

Back the eff up.

You don't disable the speed limiter unless you need to for track racing purposes. There's no reason for you to be driving at speeds beyong 108 MPH. Or even 80 for that matter.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:59 AM   #8
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

i'm not saying that you are wrong for addressing him about that but its the way you say things. don't assume that people are automatic idiots for talking about street racing and whatnot. we're all noobs at one time or another. i have an issue with you cutting new members off at the knees for them making a mistake like this. i can say first hand that every single other car forum that i am a member of does not have a problem with street racing stories. yes, its highly dangerous and illegal but i'm just saying that it IS possible that people come here unknowing of how against it we all are.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:03 AM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

The J-Body Organization does not allow street racing stories or speed limiter removal question threads, much like most of the other forums I'm on. The local XceedSpeed Michigan forum is loaded with street racing threads but it's also filled with jackasses who hate everyone's car. I merely dislike rice and blacked out headlights, and people who suggest my dislike for other cars is based on the fact that I have a turbocharger. Please. I come in here and explain why street racing is dumb, and not allowed here, and you come back with "oh you're a prick" and "your ego is huge since you have a turbo." No need for that bullshit. You know God damned right it's not true. The minimal amount you've spent on the forums, all you've seen is the most recent threads of me battling with other roostery members. Hell, and JoshGentry's original "Skittles" thread, 8-9 other people were saying quite a bit of shit to the guy, yet oh, I'm the only one who gets reprimanded by the pimpalero2003/oldsnut/TheEdgeOfSanity community.

Since he came here unknowing of how against it we all are, now he found out. I pretty much explained it and gave him the reality of what he's doing. Doesn't need to be all sugar and daisies on this subject.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:06 AM   #10
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
The J-Body Organization does not allow street racing stories or speed limiter removal question threads, much like most of the other forums I'm on. The local XceedSpeed Michigan forum is loaded with street racing threads but it's also filled with jackasses who hate everyone's car. I merely dislike rice and blacked out headlights, and people who suggest my dislike for other cars is based on the fact that I have a turbocharger. Please. I come in here and explain why street racing is dumb, and not allowed here, and you come back with "oh you're a prick" and "your ego is huge since you have a turbo." No need for that bullshit.

Since he came here unknowing of how against it we all are, now he found out. I pretty much explained it and gave him the reality of what he's doing. Doesn't need to be all sugar and daisies on this subject.

it makes for a less hostile enviroment. after all, everyone is complaining that the site is slowly dying so why not actually be NICE to people and maybe they'll stick around?

anyhow. you seem to forget your beginnings from the park bench and hub caps.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:07 AM   #11
seth..

well im sorry ion. im new to the whole forum thing. ive never used one and never been on one so this is all new to me

Old 06-08-2009, 01:11 AM   #12
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
it makes for a less hostile enviroment. after all, everyone is complaining that the site is slowly dying so why not actually be NICE to people and maybe they'll stick around?
Right. I'll try to let him know street racing is for dumbasses in a more pleasant manner next time.
Quote:
anyhow. you seem to forget your beginnings from the park bench and hub caps.
.... What's that supposed to mean? Since I had a spoiler for a few months when I first joined I automatically cannot say anything about anyone else's modifications or street racing stories? Because of what my car once was? Or because you think all I do is shit on everyone's cars and ideas? Take a look at my other 8,000 posts, and see how many you find negative. So quickly you forget the good in place of the negative comments.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:12 AM   #13
leoalero
GX Member

leoalero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to leoalero
Quote:
Originally Posted by seth.. View Post
yea my alero governs at 170. question how do i bypass the governer? and it was about 200 yards or so i pulled that

Unless you wanna reach good numbers on the track,unlocking speed is not a good way to start when modding!!
Old 06-08-2009, 03:26 AM   #14
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well once again the king for the major thread crapping buy seth look up the rules of the site. Street racing stories are not aloud!!
Just trying to save you getting banned or u just getting pissed off.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:28 AM   #15
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
But to answer your question tuned PCM will get rid of that and improve performance
Old 06-09-2009, 07:03 AM   #16
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
Folks,

Before this gets any further out of hand, I'm closing this thread.

Please refrain, also, from posting any more street racing stories as this is against Board policy.

-- Daytona
Closed Thread