Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 05-03-2007, 03:18 AM   #141
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilner521 View Post
OK well I sent a message to Adam Hahn of Hahn Racecraft about the power levels in his Sunfire. They are pushing over 600hp and he said the stock sleeves held up perfectly fine well into 400whp and didn't show any signs of failing until 600hp was reached. Looks like a C6 Z06 'Vette is well within reach. Now I just have to make a decision on which turbo I'm going to get, either the GT3071 (450hp ball bearing turbo) or the GT3076 (500hp ball bearing turbo). Just figured I'd let anyone know that was paying attention.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 11:45 AM   #142
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
/\ thats what i was thinking. With traction and numbers like that you will be pushing past spy's numbers. Are you gonna stick with the auto? What are your plans to make it handle the power? Traction ideas?
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:36 AM   #143
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by alerored04 View Post
/\ thats what i was thinking. With traction and numbers like that you will be pushing past spy's numbers. Are you gonna stick with the auto? What are your plans to make it handle the power? Traction ideas?
Yep I'm sticking with the auto. I just bought an '04 auto tranny and it's being built right now. It'll have all kinds of stronger internal parts along with a high output fluid pump and pump shaft, Raybestos Blue Plate clutches, 2560 stall torque converter and a LSD...not a LSD insert but an actual LSD, from Engineered Performance. I'll also be using an external fluid cooler and fully synthetic tranny fluid. It'll hold in excess of 500 ft/lbs of torque when finished.

Well with amount of power, I've re-thought some of my plans. I was going to use just a manual boost controller, but now I'll probably use a electronic controller so that it'll have gear specific boost control, that way it won't just melt the tires down to nothing with the touch of the gas pedal. I'm also going with the KYB AGX struts so I can adjust the stiffness of the suspension, and I'll be using Falken RT-615 tires. No doubt it'll still spin the tires, but I'll try my best to dial it in to get the quickest runs out of it. This car will still be driven every day rain or shine so I'm not making any race-only compromises.

I also have a few other tricks up my sleeve to make this car not only powerful, but incredibly responsive for a turbo car. I wanted to keep that to myself until it was all done, but maybe I'll mention it later on...

Last edited by Spilner521 : 05-04-2007 at 02:17 AM.
Spilner521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:32 AM   #144
alerored04
GLS member

cool, thanks for the update. Is that a 4t45 like the v6's or is it a different tranny such as a 4t40 maybe? If its a 45 would you mind pm'ing me the parts list and some part numbers if you have them on hand. My tranny is on its way out, ive been contemplating attempting a manual swap but im still up in the air on it so if i could find the parts required to rebuild my current tranny stronger that would help alot.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:15 AM   #145
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Only the V6's use the 4T45. I'll be using the 4T40, but essentially they're the same transmission with the same internal parts. Head over to http://www.nbodypower.com/nbodypower/ and get in contact with Gectek, he's the one building it for me. He'll let you know everything you need to know about your tranny.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:40 PM   #146
alerored04
GLS member

cool. I am on nbodypower, thats my car on the front page this week. But anyway i am friends with the owner of donkey punch performance and he was gonna help me build my tranny so im just looking for parts. Ill shoot gectek a pm for info. Thanks.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:38 AM   #147
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

sorrowfulkiller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via MSN to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via Yahoo to sorrowfulkiller
Sorry about bringing this thread back from the dead for the millionth time... but I need to ask, on just about any car where is the best place to tap into pressurized oil for the turbo?

Me and my buddy were working on his civic and we hit a dead end... wrong intercooler piping and we need to know a bit more about the oil in line
Old 07-11-2007, 03:30 AM   #148
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Get a T fitting and install it where the factory oil pressure sensor is. From there you can plug the sensor back into one side of the T and run a feed line from the other side to the turbo.