Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

View Poll Results: Whats the best bang for my buck?
Turbo? 27 67.50%
Built it up? 10 25.00%
Supercharge it? 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2008, 11:21 PM   #61
Lazy-Panda
GX Member

Lazy-Panda is on a distinguished road
srry redog personally 14s for me arent all that.. try lowering it more
Lazy-Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #62
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy-Panda View Post
superchargers are great too (more of a sleeper style) but u got a think about it too.. it also costs money to tune it..and one more thing the belt might need to be repaired and ya.. but personally i would go with the turbo XD ..i got one on my rx-7 (modded not the stock turbo) lol.. just go with the turbo

your stupidity is shown in your answer, you need to tune a proper turbo setup just as much as a supercharger setup, and a belt isn't a big deal just measure and order.........

you sir are an idiot........
Old 01-10-2008, 02:58 PM   #63
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
your stupidity is shown in your answer, you need to tune a proper turbo setup just as much as a supercharger setup, and a belt isn't a big deal just measure and order.........

you sir are an idiot........

easy, killer......

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:03 PM   #64
Lazy-Panda
GX Member

umm... actually superchargers cost more to tune than turbos and i know that u do need to tune turbos but it costs cheaper than the s/c.. but what do i know .. im the one running low 12s with my rx-7.. rotary ftw. XD and more mods on that thing coming but ya.. for my alero currently just a little appearance change ..
Old 01-10-2008, 09:07 PM   #65
nickbain
GL Member

nickbain is on a distinguished road
why does an s/c cost more to tune?

1996 GMC Yukon 4x4
5.7 liters of gas suckin power!
33x12.5r15 Mud Terrians on 15x10 wheels

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12345678987654321
nickbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #66
Lazy-Panda
GX Member

well in terms of getting it running, it's the same costs, barring the equip. One more reason it may cost is some people may not have experience with tuning a s/c meaning you may have to go to an experienced tuner. Also, you cant turn down the boost if you have a problem because if you want to turn the boost up you have to change the pulley size... meaning more labour. For s/c you NEED to get everything in one shot because if you dont have enough fuel, your engine goes lean and boom.. lol.. turbo ftw
Old 01-10-2008, 09:58 PM   #67
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
wait until you research things a bit more before commenting on them
[ion] C2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:20 AM   #68
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy-Panda View Post
umm... actually superchargers cost more to tune than turbos and i know that u do need to tune turbos but it costs cheaper than the s/c.. but what do i know .. im the one running low 12s with my rx-7.. rotary ftw. XD and more mods on that thing coming but ya.. for my alero currently just a little appearance change ..

I retract my former statement. Kyle, your weapons control status is now "weapons free".

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:31 PM   #69
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
yeah, no shit...what are you talking about panda? if anything superchargers are quiet a bit easier to tune.

supercharger isn't really more of a sleeper thing. you can hear a turbo, you can hear a supercharger. when im racing, the other person either knows i have a supercharger or knows nothing about cars...very distinctive loud whine.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:34 PM   #70
Lazy-Panda
GX Member

no shit..i dont know what are you talking about superchargers being easier to tune, but its ok we all have our certain beliefs, i respect that but i have mine. So at the end it all works out. I am just saying that this guy should turbo it nothing else...i got more experience with turbos than s/c, but its all good its up to the guy to decide..and for me personally i dont care what car it is as long as its got boost, personally its all about the boost