Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 02-18-2009, 12:21 AM   #41
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
OMG its a real joke then. What do they do, just check the goddamn hand brake? lol

AbHeLlRaZoR : what I mean is theres no required inspection on a regular basis, but cops can force you to pass an inspection if they think something is bad with your car, generally when you piss them off real bad.
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis

Last edited by Vinalero : 02-18-2009 at 12:25 AM.
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:22 AM   #42
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiguilandry View Post
they passed a subaru sti with 3 inch straight exhaust with no problem just before me.... lol

what kinda inspection is that?

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:24 AM   #43
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalero View Post
OMG its a real joke then. What do they do, just check the goddamn hand brake? lol

3" straight exhaust, no cat.. PASS

no amber bulbs present.. PASS

illegal tint.. PASS

sound system that'll send the elderly into cardiac arrest.. PASS

SES light illuminated.. PASS

button on handbrake doesn't work.. FAIL

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:26 AM   #44
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
I think they call that the safety inspection... really it is a joke

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:27 AM   #45
Beholder88
GL Member

Beholder88 is on a distinguished road
In responce to gutting a stock cat and leaving it on there, it creates more turbulence and thus is more restrictive. That's why that Miata showed crappier performance with a gutted cat instead of the straight pipe.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:34 AM   #46
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoopidAlero View Post
OMG!! Not another animal abuser thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by modalero01 View Post
you know what you should do next??
Drill some holes in your muffler then put sheet rock screws in it to give it some tone. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misuseofyou View Post
IMO, stuff some broken glass in your tail pipe. Home made glasspack ftw.

Quote:
But.. but.. what about the environment? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgear View Post
3" straight exhaust, no cat.. PASS

no amber bulbs present.. PASS

illegal tint.. PASS

sound system that'll send the elderly into cardiac arrest.. PASS

SES light illuminated.. PASS

button on handbrake doesn't work.. FAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiguilandry View Post
I think they call that the safety inspection... really it is a joke
LOLOLOLOL this thread is def. a basher thread
Old 02-18-2009, 08:41 AM   #47
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
lol i wish it was that easy in NY

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:42 AM   #48
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
lol i wish it was that easy in NY

try california.... lol
Old 02-18-2009, 02:18 PM   #49
Vinalero
GLS member

Well we could all live in Japan, where if your car is older than (I dont remember the number of years, maybe someone can chime on this) you have to pass really strict inspections and it cost a shitload to only be able to drive the thing around. No wonder why so many cars are imported from japan at these low cost.
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Old 02-18-2009, 02:47 PM   #50
Dhoyle
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Dhoyle is on a distinguished road
its 5 yrs, and after that the tax goes sky high on it, thats why all the US military personal hangout around the junkyards cuz they are exempted from that tax, they can get a 5 yr old car for like 50 bucks, thats what my aerospace teacher told me. Japan does that so they dont have to import as much metal to build new cars. IE being self sufficent
Old 02-18-2009, 02:56 PM   #51
Vinalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhoyle View Post
its 5 yrs, and after that the tax goes sky high on it, thats why all the US military personal hangout around the junkyards cuz they are exempted from that tax, they can get a 5 yr old car for like 50 bucks, thats what my aerospace teacher told me. Japan does that so they dont have to import as much metal to build new cars. IE being self sufficent

Thx Doyles, I knew it was something like that.

Quote:
Old 02-18-2009, 03:17 PM   #52
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXMahanXcorEXx View Post
or just cut out your cat altogether :-) I did and I'm satisfied

Does it sound like a 5.0 mustang!?!!?!?!!??!?!?!?! cause if it does, i wanna do it too! All the cool kids do it
Old 02-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #53
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
i replaced my cat with a resonator because it was shot and i didnt feel like spending 100$
it does sound better then it did with the cat in it, but im not prancing around "OMG 2323@$ HP!!11!!"

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:46 PM   #54
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

rowdygls is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rowdygls Send a message via MSN to rowdygls Send a message via Yahoo to rowdygls
I bought a Magnaflow hi-flow metal cat due to the one I wanted being stuck in some government testing. I can't really comment on the loudness outside of the car, but I've been told I am pretty loud but I sound really good and not that raspy for having the SLP cat back system.

Chapter Member
rowdygls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:50 PM   #55
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post

Does it sound like a 5.0 mustang!?!!?!?!!??!?!?!?! cause if it does, i wanna do it too! All the cool kids do it

I honestly can say I don't think I have seen you being positive on this forum once, you seriously have to be the biggest bitch I have ever seen, I would love to see you say half the shit you do on here to someones face in real life.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:08 PM   #56
Misuseofyou
GL Member

Misuseofyou is on a distinguished road
Ouch.
Misuseofyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:34 PM   #57
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
IMO, stuff some broken glass in your tail pipe. Home made glasspack ftw.
OMFG ROFL
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #58
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXMahanXcorEXx View Post
I honestly can say I don't think I have seen you being positive on this forum once, you seriously have to be the biggest bitch I have ever seen, I would love to see you say half the shit you do on here to someones face in real life.

Ive been positive PLENTY of times. Its just when i see someone doing something completely retarded i have to say something. after doing dumb shit myself and having people call me out on it (blue engine bay), i feel like i have the job of educating the people who do stupid stuff.

Ask anybody on here thats been around for a while if im a negative person......im actually a really nice person. But when you go and post "OMG, its gonna sound like a 5.0 mustang woooooo!" your gonna get shit for it. How is losing back pressure and gas mileage going to help you at all? its just dumb..... dont get all offended though, just learn! (doesnt seem like you've dont that yet, cause you keep posting about removing your cat......even after NUMEROUS people have told you its a BAD idea)
Old 02-18-2009, 10:57 PM   #59
Dhoyle
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Dhoyle is on a distinguished road
yea id never remove a cat, the cops where im at would bend me over and have a field day on me.... without lube.... *wince* lols it happend to my friend, he got pulled over 6 times n one day cuz of no cat.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:36 AM   #60
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhoyle View Post
yea id never remove a cat, the cops where im at would bend me over and have a field day on me.... without lube.... *wince* lols it happend to my friend, he got pulled over 6 times n one day cuz of no cat.

Maybe the cops wont bother him, but its just dumb. The cat is there to do something, and to make it worse he doesnt have any big mods into his car. hes got a cai and thats it..... i can see if you wanted to straight pipe it cause you had a lot of good mods to the motor. But you have a whole 145 hp under that hood so you shouldnt cut the cat off