Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 04-20-2009, 10:20 PM   #21
worknprog.99
GLS member

worknprog.99 is on a distinguished road
yeah i just found the knock off brand on ebay but they dont look nearly as good as those...

sorry for the thread jack btw lol
worknprog.99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:22 PM   #22
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
it's alright, the knock-off are at least twice as heavy too, i'm sure......
Old 04-20-2009, 10:28 PM   #23
worknprog.99
GLS member

worknprog.99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post

yeah and they dont look as good i cant find the same style either.
i was considering painting the stock ones while my car is out of commision durring the turbo install until i can save up and get some real rims lol
worknprog.99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:42 PM   #24
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
You are right. I have the knockoffs. They are ISL Ikari I think. I wish mine were that color though. Looks great.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:06 PM   #25
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
my extra two rims, just arrived today!!! http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26717

and I need some good side shots and closeups of your hood, if I could? I'd like to tell the painter exactly what I am looking for.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:12 PM   #26
alerored04
GLS member

I need to clean the car up first. How soon do you need them? Ill trade pics for wheels lol.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:19 PM   #27
kwhauck
2Screwy

lol, yeah right, absolute latest on the pics is june 1st, but sooner would be better so i can talk to the painter and make sure everything is setup right....
Old 04-21-2009, 06:37 PM   #28
alerored04
GLS member

I can do that easy. Ill post them in this thread. There are some ok ones in my cardomain. Any specific angles etc? When it is done we may have to get the two eerily similar looking cars together for some pics.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:40 PM   #29
kwhauck
2Screwy

full side shot, up close shots from all angles of the hood, just post up a bunch and if I need anymore i'll let you know......

for sure, i'm up for a minnesota road trip!! or maybe we could meet in sioux falls for an SCCA event!!! that would be sweet!!
Old 04-21-2009, 08:13 PM   #30
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
DIBS ON THE RIMS IF YOU EVER GET RID OF YOUR ALERO

since thats over with...... i thought your engine was all built up and shit? looks stock to me.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:13 PM   #31
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
DIBS ON THE RIMS IF YOU EVER GET RID OF YOUR ALERO

since thats over with...... i thought your engine was all built up and shit? looks stock to me.

this one is stock....

plan has been all along:

1. swap in 5 speed with stock 3400
2. fab up boost routing
2. swap in built motor
3. add serious boost

if i went straight for the built motor/ with serious boost, tuning would be a nightmare, not to mention i would probably burn through 3 or 4 clutches
Old 04-22-2009, 06:04 PM   #32
alerored04
GLS member

Late in the summer would be excellent to meet up at a dragway somewhere. Then you would have time to get it 100% and my schedule might calm down a bit. Its a little hectic between moving, a new career, and a wedding all in two months.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:41 PM   #33
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alerored04 View Post
Late in the summer would be excellent to meet up at a dragway somewhere. Then you would have time to get it 100% and my schedule might calm down a bit. Its a little hectic between moving, a new career, and a wedding all in two months.

i can understand that for sure!!! end of summer i may even have the whipple on by then!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 11:06 PM   #34
alerored04
GLS member

Awesome. I hope we can make it work!
Old 04-27-2009, 06:13 PM   #35
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Soo how much is this total 5 speed swap costing, if it was done right the first time?
Old 04-27-2009, 10:07 PM   #36
kwhauck
2Screwy

depends on what you want the car to hold when you are done. bare basics, assuming you can find good prices....

getrag 282 from junkyard - $300-$500
OEM clutch or cheaper stage 1 or 2 clutch -$200-$300
custom mounts - depends on metal and welding abilities

those are the major things and axles, i think if you search and use OEM parts from a junkyard and get decent prices like from above, it could be completed for less than $1000 easily,

but as I posted before, my getrag 282 is far from stock and cost much more than that, and my messups didn't cost me much money, maybe $100 in misc bolts, and $40 for the FPR, everything else was fine, and I needed custom axles eventually anyways....

anymore question feel free to ask!!
Old 04-28-2009, 12:36 AM   #37
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
You could do a 5-speed swap for less money and less time if you used a 287 instead of a 282. However I don't know how much torque the 287 will handle over time with a built engine. It must be quite a bit because spy's seems to have lasted a while.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:09 AM   #38
kwhauck
2Screwy

if you have your shit ready to go, and 1 or 2 more friends that are also mechanically inclined this is an easy 6-8hr project..........if you have everything ready to go......

and cliff what about an f23 swap? wtf was the 287?
Old 04-28-2009, 01:21 AM   #39
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
287 = F23 = M94

282 = Mg2
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:22 AM   #40
kwhauck
2Screwy