Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 04-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #81
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
planned on it Tom

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:36 AM   #82
Alerojester
GL Member

Exclamation Lack Of Oil To Head

ok so i found a motor for $400 one problem doesn't get oil to the head... need help trying to diagnose this what could it be NEED to figure this out so i can get my ho back up and running its greatly appreciated with any help i can get

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Old 01-26-2012, 10:47 AM   #83
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
It could be caused by low oil pressure. A worn oil pump can cause the oil pressure to drop.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #84
Alerojester
GL Member

20k on motor, technically still in the crate

Last edited by Alerojester : 01-26-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #85
Philbar71
GL Member

Philbar71 is on a distinguished road
Clogged oil passage?
Old 01-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #86
Alerojester
GL Member

have no clue the guy that has it used to work for the chevy dealer here and he's stumped on it

Old 01-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #87
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
how do you know theres no oil to the head? thats the first question. whats the PROOF?
Old 01-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #88
Alerojester
GL Member

It was in a car had no oil pressure to the head the guy that hasthat it is a trans guy that worked for chevrolet and the mechanics are stumped on it

Old 01-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #89
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
do you know if the sensor was checked? how did he KNOW. seriously. whats the proof?
Old 01-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #90
Alerojester
GL Member

Pressure check is proof, and all sensors were replaced

Old 01-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #91
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

well unfortunitly the only thing you can do at this point is tear the bottom end apart and measure/inspect bearings. if one of those is letting too much oil by then you wont get pressure to the head. or you could also throw an oil pump at it however i dont think that type of oil pump can really go bad lol. if the motor was in running condition that would be one thing. and be concerned the motors cooked cuz who knows how long it was run without pressure... and this is all based off of the fact that we belive said machanic. and guess work.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #92
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
PART #12637040. Thats the cover, includes pump. I bet the gear is gone on it but it is not available from GM, you have to buy the cover to get the pump! Thats up here though, maybe different State side????

EDIT** Just did a quick check and we have NEVER sold one of those pumps! Looks like bottom end is comming off bud.

Last edited by MMGT1 : 01-26-2012 at 04:54 PM.
MMGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #93
A57
GL Member

A57 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to A57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerojester View Post
20k on motor, technically still in the crate

UM, did you check the oil filter to see if there was oil in it? also first thing is oil pump.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #94
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

first thing is he has an angine thats out of the car with major machanical problems. Needs to find a way to set the engine up so he can crank it over.but ur on the right track. u could remove the filter and crank it over. It should be very messy but it would tell u if u have pressure up to that point. Then get ur hands on a machan ical pressure guage that will screw onto the ffilter boss and see how much pressure u have. UNFORTUNITLY u need to have the engine running for proper pressure test
Old 01-26-2012, 09:23 PM   #95
Alerojester
GL Member

true point im gonna get my car to my shop and the engine here too and before i put it in im gonna put it on a stand and go through it and see if there's anything that isn't correct and do it process of elimination style with the advice i have been given by my fellow modders sounds like a plan to me and if i get stumped i will ask here and the mechanic across the way from my shop

Old 01-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #96
Alerojester
GL Member

Bump

Old 02-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #97
jwc111
GX Member

jwc111 is on a distinguished road
my motor blew about 2 months ago, the connecting rod got thrown through the side of the block. my mechanic is saying that i ran it out of oil but there is still alot left. plus the fact that i went to the shop about a week later and it started and ran. i just dont get how it happend, i mean i did drive the car a little rough but i always kept the oil clean and maintained the car.
jwc111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #98
Alerojester
GL Member

ok so update on my car, bought a motor with 130,771 miles out of a 1997 Grand Am for $200 the guy we got the car from said that it has a leaking head gasket but after pulling the engine and trans from the car i looked it over and there are no signs of a leak of any kind on it just poor cleaning, so what im going to do is swap my head for the one on the engine now but its gonna get checked over by the local engine shop (D&R Engines) who have built some really nice stuff then it will be reassembly and back in to my Alero then it will be the task of registering it again after 3 years of sitting, ik i'm going to have to drop my tank and all that cause there was a half a tank of fuel in it when it seized up but i can get another tank for about $200 to my shop so the time consuming process begins as as i can get her here to the shop and dismantled times gonna be easy but the money isn't gonna come as easy.... and if anyone has tips or tricks feel free to let me know hope this all goes smoothly and there aren't too many road blocks

Old 06-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #99
Alerojester
GL Member

Bump

Old 06-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #100
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by twagn View Post
Added a quart of oil and then it blew.. What kind of oil was that?

Quaker State? No name oil?

I would assume that it was a coincidence.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote