Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 12-26-2009, 12:11 PM   #1
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
She's Finally Dead

yup.....the Alero is finally dead...went to start it today, and it pucks and farts like it want's to... but wont, took the surge tank cover off, and a billow of steam and pressure came out, asked my mom to crank it... and a shitload of bubbles and foam came out of the tank..so....it's finally done.....

compression test will be done later today, to confirm this
Old 12-26-2009, 12:21 PM   #2
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
dayum...were there any signs?
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:23 PM   #3
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by alero_bmxer View Post
dayum...were there any signs?

it had a "drinking problem" for a while

it was hard to start, and missed at idle
Old 12-26-2009, 12:43 PM   #4
Vic28
GL Member

Vic28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Vic28
That sucks.. those damn V6 are nuthing but trouble.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:56 PM   #5
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic28 View Post

yeah, well....it made it 34K miles...for 300$, that's not bad..
Old 12-26-2009, 01:23 PM   #6
Vic28
GL Member

Vic28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Vic28
So what you gonna do?
Old 12-26-2009, 01:44 PM   #7
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
burn it. post a video. We'll morn its death (and laugh) but to be honest... we've all seen it coming.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:11 PM   #8
MattismodderX
GLS member

MattismodderX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MattismodderX
trade rims? xD
Old 12-26-2009, 02:16 PM   #9
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

that.....effing.....car.....is......cursed......

IT STARTED!! ARRGH i MIGHT just burn it....

my neighbor went out, dried the plugs off, and it putted to life, blue smoke poured out of the exhaust...and then...went clean....the foam never came back in the surge tank... and it runs fine.......what the hell would cause this?
Old 12-26-2009, 02:21 PM   #10
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic28 View Post

my v6 has never given me any trouble.
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #11
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabartram View Post

LIMG?
Old 12-26-2009, 02:53 PM   #12
zoL
Premier V.I.P. Member

zoL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabartram View Post

^.

"If the author of the Declaration of Independence were to utter such a sentiment today, the Post Office Department could exclude him from the mail, grand juries could indict him for sedition and criminal syndicalism, legislative committees could seize his private papers ... and United States Senators would be clamoring for his deportation that he... should be sent back to live with the rest of the terrorists." - Frank I. Cobb
zoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:54 PM   #13
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
Damn that sucks Bro we could tow it to my house and take the engine out and just take it apart till we find the problem. i will look at the junk yard for a new 3400 for parts.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #14
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
I have had plenty of problems esspecially my black car that was a v6.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:57 PM   #15
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
LIMG?

nope. when i replaced my lower intake with a ported one from WOT_TECH i went ahead and upgraded, but the original gasket was still holding strong. i have replaced 2 waterpumps, but thats a 20 min job. no major issues with my 3400 and i run it hard, real hard, but i maintain it well, i treat my car better than my wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
that.....effing.....car.....is......cursed......

IT STARTED!! ARRGH i MIGHT just burn it....

my neighbor went out, dried the plugs off, and it putted to life, blue smoke poured out of the exhaust...and then...went clean....the foam never came back in the surge tank... and it runs fine.......what the hell would cause this?

its possible you have a head gasket seaping when cold and seals when its warming up. it would possibly explain the wet plugs and sputtering til warming up. we see it with diesel engines.
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:31 PM   #16
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
So are you trying to kill this car or what? Cause I know some people...lol!
Old 12-26-2009, 05:18 PM   #17
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
$300 car and how many $100's in repair?

Honestly its time to push that car into the ocean!
Old 12-26-2009, 06:45 PM   #18
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

i'm not gonna push the effing car in the ocean STOP effING SAYING IT

the car is running like a bag of shit... i'm just gonna tear it all down, and fix it all up, eff looking for problems
Old 12-26-2009, 06:54 PM   #19
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
how can we diagnose it w/o seeing it?

you've had roaming random problems due to your CONSTANT tearing it down, since you bought it. Rip it apart, replace it all, and do it the right way, ground up.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:06 PM   #20
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
how can we diagnose it w/o seeing it?

you've had roaming random problems due to your CONSTANT tearing it down, since you bought it. Rip it apart, replace it all, and do it the right way, ground up.

well, tomorrow, something like that is gonna happen..