Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 07-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
jeffrey1990
GX Member

jeffrey1990 is on a distinguished road
the making of my new tail lights

I figured that it cant be that hard to make led tail light so first I came up with a design then I grabbed a old pair of lights and boom a
Old 07-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Wow very good job!!! But... I dont like how you did the brake light for the tails. I hope you dont get in an accident.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
Truth
GX Member

Truth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Truth
Yes great job, what do the reverse lights look like?
Old 07-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #4
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Look stock, just tinted over.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #5
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
those look pretty wicked man!! just in my own personal opinion, I would have reversed the rings... had the small ring as the running light and the larger outer ring as the brakes... make it as visible and distinct as possible... gonna have to see them in person soon

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #6
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
Those look sweet! I would have made the rings more spread out for better definition. Or two rings of brakes and one running. I'm paranoid about getting rear ended.
My screen name should be changed to Jizzdaddy. I was anally raped by flying monkeys and loved it. I promise to never threaten anyones daughters again because I know it will result in my ahoe being severely widened. - Did Andy just say that he wants to fk my ahoe... ewww. Sorry old man, but you're not my type.
fisdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:54 PM   #7
jeffrey1990
GX Member

the reverse are just the plain bulbs and you can't see the third break light but I but I fix that and its easy to see the breaks ill take a good picture of breaks tomorrow
Old 07-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #8
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey1990 View Post
the reverse are just the plain bulbs and you can't see the third break light but I but I fix that and its easy to see the breaks ill take a good picture of breaks tomorrow

Did I mention my paranoia? I had mine made special so that all 4 lot up as brakes just in case.
My screen name should be changed to Jizzdaddy. I was anally raped by flying monkeys and loved it. I promise to never threaten anyones daughters again because I know it will result in my ahoe being severely widened. - Did Andy just say that he wants to fk my ahoe... ewww. Sorry old man, but you're not my type.
fisdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey1990 View Post
easy to see the breaks ill take a good picture of breaks tomorrow
what kind of breaks, lunch breaks? glass breakage?
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #10
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to jawa
How did u get them apart and did u reuse the stock covers

jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #11
TDavis
GX Member

TDavis is on a distinguished road
They don't look THAT bad but something about the part of the tail light that is connected to the trunk just looks empty with one set of rings near the inside.
Mods: Lowered on Canuck springs(1.75") on KYB GR2 struts with monroe mounts. SC/T hood/spoiler. Amber corner black housed headlights. Red LEDs for window/lock switches. White LEDs for map/floor/glovebox lighting. DRL and ALC delete. 20% Tint. 35w 3k HID fogs. Sport Edition KV5 Silver painted 18x8 35mm offset. Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Position tires. Badge delete. 12" PowerSlot slotted front brake upgrade w/ firebird dual piston calipers, rear slotted rotors. Borla Cat-back exhaust.
TDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #12
jeffrey1990
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDavis View Post
They don't look THAT bad but something about the part of the tail light that is connected to the trunk just looks empty with one set of rings near the inside.

I know what u mean after I was done I started thinking what if I used 12 rings instead of 8.

and I cut them apart with a dremal and yes I did re use the lens

it really wasn't that hard to make just time consuming, the led strips cost the most
Old 07-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #13
jeffrey1990
GX Member

and of course there's no running lights in the day so its easy to see the "lunch breaks" when there applied in the day. but you really gotta see them in person too get a good look at them if you've ever bought leds from superbrightled.com you'll know what im saying. although it would be cool to have the running lights dim then brighten up when the breaks are hit how ever that's done.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #14
jawa