Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 11-17-2008, 02:44 PM   #21
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcksilver View Post
Yeah, it is very low miles. I don't drive it very often. i fly for a living so my alero basically just takes me fromt the house to work and back. mostly it just sits in the parking lot at work waiting for me to return from a flight. which lasts around 5 days to about 2 weeks. when i'm home we always drive my wifes car so the alero just sits in the garage, waiting patiently.

anyway can anyone answer my question? TB means throttle body, right? or is it something else.

Yes, TB means Throttle body.
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:39 AM   #22
Qcksilver
V.I.P. Member

Qcksilver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Qcksilver
Thanks Vinalero, I'll check out the TB area and see what I see.
Qcksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:43 AM   #23
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
spray carburetor cleaner all over the place at idle when the engine is running while somewhat cold, if you hear a loud hiss and the liquid disappears quickly, you found a leak. carb cleaner should also cause the idle to jump up.

concentrate on all the vacuum hoses you can see, and where the intake manifold meets the head
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:38 PM   #24
Qcksilver
V.I.P. Member

Qcksilver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Qcksilver
i haven't checked for the leaks yet cuz of a flight i needed to go on for work but when i left the other morning i noticed something on the driveway when i left home. it may have been there a few days but i just never noticed it.

a black spot that clearly came spraying from my exhaust pipe was marking the driveway. not sure what it means, if anything, but i know it's not normal.

does this mean anything to the car guys or gals out there? does this jive with my idle problem i've been talking about or is this something completely different? please help.
Qcksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:46 PM   #25
Steven01
GL Member

Steven01 is on a distinguished road
i would'nt think that the black spot on drive way would have to do with your idle. Hmm but black spot? lots of carbon build up in the system mabby.

And I cant find antyhing rong with mine..... Ive checked when its cold and hot. its been -10 here for few days i belive thats cold enough ;p And all my lines are good no leaks. So if anyone could help me on my same probem that would be nice.. (no check engine light).

Last edited by Steven01 : 11-18-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Steven01 is offline   Reply With Quote