Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 02-15-2005, 03:18 PM   #1
Alero04

Whats the best brand of tire for 225/40-18??
and do i need MAX performance tires?!
Old 02-15-2005, 04:04 PM   #2
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
Do you actually have 18' wheels or are you asking for a future reference again?...lol. I had toyo proxes on my last rims and I got new toyo proxes4's on the ones i just bought. These tires are high quality and high perforance. They are good for cornering and handle awesome in the rain. I have had four different kinds of tires and these have been the best so far. Hancook Ventus tires are really good also.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:09 PM   #3
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

And again, I'm not trying to be a rooster but please use the search feature. This took me 2 minutes. Check THIS out for more information. I hope that helps.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:51 PM   #4
Alero04

i post threads cuz i want ppls opinions....
Old 02-15-2005, 05:45 PM   #5
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
there is no way to answer that question... everyone has their own opinion about what tires are the best. And, the performance rating you need depends on what type of driving you intend to do.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 08:52 PM   #6
|Rev|

tell me what type of driving you are gonna be doing, if you plan on going to the track, or if it's a daily driver. Otherwise, the possibilities are endless, and other people "opinions" are posted many other places, please search.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:37 PM   #7
Alero04

not going to a track. i can guarentee...basically driving around type thing

also, i signed onto this site to get help from ppl. seems like im stupid for asking questions in a place that was designed for just that. im looking for ppls help. so maybe id like to ask ppl, instead of just relying on past threads...
if i wanted that...id read up on tire/wheel/mods sites...didnt think u couldnt ask questions in a forum...geeez :unsure:
Old 02-15-2005, 11:11 PM   #8
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
^ this is hardly a mod. There is plenty of information on this site for you to form your own opinion.

Anyway, IMO, if you have big heavy chrome 18" wheels, there's no need for the high performance tires, you'll just need the right size low profile tires. If they are lightweight racing wheels, then get the ultra grippy performance tires
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 07:32 AM   #9
Alero04

again i didnt say this was a mod...i said 'tire/wheel/mods'
let a newbie ask some questions!!!
Old 02-16-2005, 10:56 AM   #10
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

this is hilarious. your question was, what brand is the best tire? If you read that link i gave you to the past thread that was open, which i assume you didnt, the majority of those people and the people i have talked to like kuhmo's and toyo's. These are some of the best tire brands but cost you a little more money.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:18 AM   #11
Travis99Alero

if you're just looking for a pretty good spring, fall and summer tire, then the hankook ventus tires are pretty good, especially for the price.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:44 AM   #12
Super White Alero

Im with John boy on this. There is no such thing as the best, because everyone has a different opinion, just like the best car is not a ferrari, althou it better than an alero. And really04 since you signed up you asked about gauges, tire, rims, HL, and Im puddy such next thing your gonna ask is about body kit. Are you planning any of this years?

Sorry im not an ass like this usually, but you remind me of a MR2 kid claiming to want all those but never end up doing anything.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:54 PM   #13
Alero04

SUper White Alero...well i didnt know that i had to buy all these things at a specific time! God, I am getting opinions on things. on what to get, what not to get and whats the best for our car. The rudeness is uncalled for. Give it a rest

and if it IS any of ur business, Im buying the thigns for my interior next week and im going to be ordering my rims and tires prolly next month....is THAT alright?
and again...its a forum...its MEANT to ask questions on. if u dont like my 'stupid kid-like' questions...then dont read my threads. its not that hard. give it a try sometime!
Old 02-16-2005, 05:27 PM   #14
wrightie
V.I.P. Member

wrightie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
It alright 04 I still love ya

Wrightie
wrightie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 06:45 PM   #15
Alero04

Thanks Wrightie
Good to kno there are SOME ppl with manners
Old 02-16-2005, 07:13 PM   #16
Travis99Alero

Quote:
Originally posted by Alero04@Feb 16 2005, 12:54 PM
if u dont like my 'stupid kid-like' questions...then dont read my threads. its not that hard. give it a try sometime!
if only there was an ignore button.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:04 PM   #17
flalero

I personally like my Kuhmos, but if you check out http://www.tirerack.com, there are write ups and ratings on every tire they sell.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:03 PM   #18
Alero04

some ppl on here need togrow up. this is a forum for ANYONE to ask questions. deal with it. if u dont like my questions then dont come into thread *I* create...not hard.
If u cant be poilte and have manners towards a girl that is JUST learning, then i suggest u dont reply to anything i am inquiring on.
ciao

btw...thanks flalero
Old 02-16-2005, 10:31 PM   #19
|Rev|

ROFL at this thread! The only reason people are asking you to search, is because it gets redundant answering the same question over and over, and it takes up space on the servers, and costs more money. But anyway, don't listen to them, if you post questions or pics on here, people will ALWAYS give their opinion, so get use to it.
IF you aren't doing any track type of stuff, a good tire to get is the BFG Traction T/A, dunno if you can get it in the size you want but w/e. Toyos are good, and so are Kumhos... go to discount tire company, and ask them, they will be more than happy to tell you more information thanyou need to make a decision based on driving style and how much you want to spend.