Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 04-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
LED Interior Installation

Was an extended job but I finally have everything complete:

1. Wired an LED in place of the cubby light.
2. Replaced the gears backlight with an LED.
3. Spliced in the cupholder LED.

I took the entire center console out for a thorough cleaning that was overdue and decided to do the above at the same time. However, when thoroughly cleaning I smeared the gear lettering and had to go picking at the junkyard to find a new one. And though coated in an inch of dirt, I found a set that was in good condition.

Learned alot and hope it looks good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0796.jpg (31.3 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0797.jpg (33.7 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0799.jpg (35.3 KB, 135 views)
Old 04-29-2012, 12:01 AM   #2
Williamleo
GX Member

Williamleo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Williamleo
Gives it a nice "hue" as they say! Too bad you don't have the cupholder with the flip down cover... Then that would just be a cool eerie glow... like it's alive... yes! I do believe it's alive!
Old 04-29-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
very nice! you should wire up a few to match in the door panels.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #4
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys. Now that I know how easy it is to take apart the center console, I was thinking about adding them into the floor boards. Need to get the vehicle wire-for this I had to work with a very small gauge copper wire that is difficult. I would not be surprised if I had to replace it in the future.

Forgot to add a minor thing: picked up some new console buttons to replace mine that had some chipped paint. Overall, the interior has been remodeled so to speak. The airbag cover that was peeling up, I had some new material purchased and had that rewrapped as well.

Isn't there a how to to replace the console lighting with LEDs as well? The only thing I really don't like is I taped the cubby wire rather than glueing it (for ease of removal); and the gear backlighting has a superbright "N" but it only lightly diffuses through the rest of the letters.

I saw the flip cover cupholders in the junkyard and thought about stealing them. I did find the rubber cupholder for the cubby cupholder, I do have some extra console buttons if someone needs them; and I found the turn knobs with the knobby covering that I had never seen before...
Old 04-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #5
Stain
GX Member

Stain is on a distinguished road
Nice work, looks really cool

Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:29 PM   #6
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
I should be able to get a pic up of mine by tomorrow night. Pretty similar to yours but my vents are lit as well

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
very nice xander, i like it
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:24 PM   #8
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

Sorry these took so long. Everything is a nice and evenly blue.

The last one I had my courtesy lights on so I could get a decent pic

Done lost my mind
Old 05-05-2012, 02:25 AM   #9
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

^thats a work of art.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #10
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
jhubbz, i like your hazard lights button!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #11
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
jhubbz, i like your hazard lights button!

lol thanks. Even though the start button is functional, I use my key all the time. idk why

Done lost my mind
Old 05-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #12
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhubbz View Post
lol thanks. Even though the start button is functional, I use my key all the time. idk why

is that a universal kit? I'v been wanting to do that for my gto. how hard was the install?
Old 05-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #13
sleepyalero
GLS member

jhubbz, probably cause you can stick the key in and turn it. and it will start, or you can go to the on position then press a button, just seems like more work, even though its not that big of a deal. but might as well just turn the key
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #14
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

My center console cupholder does not have the flap...The LED is freaking bright when you try to drive. Any tips on material to dim or deflect it?

Thanks sleepy.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #15
Mike The Canadian
GL Member

Mike The Canadian is on a distinguished road
VHT nightshades!
Lol, it looks sick!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #16
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

I got my first compliment at a chick fil-a the other day. Had a bottle of water in the cup holder and the kid handing me my food says: "cool cupholder."

It does look pretty sweet with something in it. Blindingly bright when there is nothing.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #17
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

I have my cupholder and vent LEDs switched. So whenever I don't feel fast-n-furious, I have the ability to turn them off. I would also suggest relocating it to the back of the holder like mine. Or you could use a diffuser type material like the cover they put over fluorescent lights.

Done lost my mind