darksobsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:43 PM   #22
xstrong4lifex
GL Member

xstrong4lifex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xstrong4lifex
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
If you want the single in, dual out, it's part number 17739.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Dynomax/289/17739/10002/-1
$61.99

That's what I have. You're going to ASS right?

Where is it? Yeah you can even harass me for sending you way to PMs.
xstrong4lifex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:44 PM   #23
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

AbHeLlRaZoR is on a distinguished road
buy a muffler like the one vinalero has for sale or buy it from him if it doesn't sell.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:44 PM   #24
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I think it's the I motor in general

When I was thinking about buying a Bravada I was checking out mufflers for it. I was just going to do a swap, not an entire exhaust, and finding videos on Youtube of Trailblazers, Evnoys, and Bravadas with the 4.2 I-6 motor, even they didn't sound that good

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:45 PM   #25
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstrong4lifex View Post
Where is it? Yeah you can even harass me for sending you way to PMs.

I hope I didn't throw you off by sending you those links to what mine sounds like

didn't know you had the L61

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:45 PM   #26
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
super turbo ftw on 4 cylinders....

ASS
http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:35 AM   #27
Misuseofyou
GL Member

Misuseofyou is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Extra bends being more restriction on a single inlet, dual outlet muffler? LOL.

You suck at logic; I wasn't even talking about your recommendation. The bends are in the piping going to both sides of the car. Heres a pic since you need it. BTW I'm not making any statements about it being restrictive, it was a question (since jumping down my throat for that would be your next move).

Misuseofyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:37 AM   #28
Misuseofyou
GL Member

So, if you have 2.25" or 2.5" and you split that out to two mufflers, are you gaining anything?
Old 02-24-2009, 12:41 AM   #29
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgear View Post
please dont!

the pacsetter header with a custom muffler is not bad...my car dont sound like a weed eater it a got a nice deep tone albiet a lil loud even for the dynomax... oh wait you endorsed the header...my bad for speed reading

Last edited by Alerosaint : 02-24-2009 at 12:43 AM.
Alerosaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:50 AM   #30
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misuseofyou View Post
You suck at logic; I wasn't even talking about your recommendation.
Oh I'm sorry. Yes. I suck at logic, because you replied to a topic whose posts are all about single inlet dual outlet mufflers, and I'm supposed to assume you're talking about whatever-the-eff else you're thinking inside your head.
Quote:
The bends are in the piping going to both sides of the car. Heres a pic since you need it.

By the way, inline four engines tend to only have one bank of cylinders, so that image is completely useless. It's a single header with a single pipe going back to a muffler. Whether that muffler is a single inlet, dual outlet, or single inlet, single outlet will not dramatically change overall flow.

Splitting that single pipe into two by using a Y-pipe and then going into two mufflers will also not prove to be any restriction, as, you seemingly fail to understand, by making two pipes out of one, you're increasing the overall volume of the piping, making even less of a restriction as the exhaust gases expand to fill the chambers.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:52 AM   #31
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

AbHeLlRaZoR is on a distinguished road
oops I might of posted the wrong username in my last post, chances are I did. I'm too tired for this night shifts mess me up.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:53 AM   #32
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the pacsetter header with a custom muffler is not bad...my car dont sound like a weed eater it a got a nice deep tone albiet a lil loud even for the dynomax... oh wait you endorsed the header...my bad for speed reading

no I said "please dont" because I thought he meant he was going for the pacesetter muffler

i should edit that post..

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:55 AM   #33
Misuseofyou
GL Member

TLDR honestly, just a bunch of bullshit I'm sure. If you read his first post, he says he wants dual exhaust, which I replied to with a question. Yes, the ecotec has 1 downpipe, but as you can see in the pic I took 2 seconds to find, theres bends in that thar piping. Since this is in the ECOTEC folder, and ecotecs have 1 downpipe.. thats right I was asking about splitting the pipe.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:57 AM   #34
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
or I should read the whole thread while eating some pie might calm the eyes......lol...but yes pacsetter catback + ld9 = sound suckage squared
Old 02-24-2009, 01:08 AM   #35
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
TLDR honestly, just a bunch of bullshit I'm sure.
So you skip over a response and then make a response based on what you haven't read.
Quote:
If you read his first post
If you read his PMs...
Quote:
he says he wants dual exhaust, which I replied to with a question.
And the question you posed was:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misuseofyou
Is there any point other than looks to having dual outlets/tips? Seems like the extra bends would be more restriction?
Inquiring about dual outlets and/or tips. NOT dual mufflers. Coinciding with every other response in the thread. Then I replied about the laughable thought that having dual outlets from a single in muffler would create any kind of restriction.

And then you come back and make it out to be as if you were talking about a Y-pipe setup and two mufflers and all that garbage (which no one is talking about), to try and cover your ass... it's unbelieveable. An absolute failure, and you don't even see it.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:10 AM   #36
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Bad99Olds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bad99Olds
pwned. win goes to chris. end of story.
Bad99Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:13 AM   #37
[ion] C2
636 whp

You know that I know what I'm talking about. I have been around longer than you have (age-wise and Alero and car-wise), and have extensively modified my car and aided a lot of people on here, and started up Aleromod Upgrades, a massive how-to and information database on modifying this vehicle, and I have a custom exhaust setup on my own Alero. I don't claim to know everything, but I definitely know more than you in this area...

The only explanation for your actions is that you're a mere 17 year old who's just now feeling his balls after they recently dropped and is wanting to fight with anyone who dares to post something that makes your post look wrong.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:13 AM   #38
Misuseofyou
GL Member

It clearly means a lot to him, look at all that quoting and the page long responses. Tomorrow I'll see if he managed to answer that really basic question I asked in the third post of this thread.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:15 AM   #39
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Bad99Olds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bad99Olds
Quote:
It clearly means a lot to him, look at all that quoting and the page long responses. Tomorrow I'll see if he managed to answer that really basic question I asked in the third post of this thread.

ur 17, and clearly dont know what ur talking about. stop arguing, and learn something.
Bad99Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:20 AM   #40
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
So, if you have 2.25" or 2.5" and you split that out to two mufflers, are you gaining anything?
No, it's better to have the same size piping (or slightly bigger piping as it goes out) all the way into a single muffler. Two mufflers would be extra weight, would drop velocity down quite a bit as it goes through two separate pipes and mufflers.

There's no reason not to just have a single in/dual out just like the OP is asking for. Just like what we PM'd about, as the dual tips can be accomplished with mere piping coming out from a single muffler and routed to either side of the car.

V-engines tend to have individual mufflers per each bank of cylinders likely for enhanced muffling since it would be a lot of exhaust gases to cram from 8 cylinders into one muffler.