Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Old 02-24-2009, 03:55 AM   #41
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Yeah well I know more than all of you....so there.
Spilner521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #42
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:18 PM   #43
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
in regards to the remark about the extra bends cuasing more restriction in the dual outlet is an easy fix by splitting the pipe with a Y after the muffler to create dual exits, how my truck was done, douple the tone of the muffler too
AleroDrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:33 PM   #44
Misuseofyou
GL Member

Misuseofyou is on a distinguished road
I have to say you're right, and in my first post I mis spoke. Reading it now, its not what I was thinking. I thought that he wanted two mufflers as I've seen before and thought that it made no sense to split your 1 pipe into two, when you could just get 1 good muffler capable of handling w/e amount of flow you need. Pretty much what has been said, except I was unable to articulate it.

I'm not going to respond to every point you made in your last 3 or so posts, but I'm not 17 and I just wanted to discuss the point, without being laughed at. Grats on your car knowledge, I never questioned it in the first place.
Misuseofyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:44 PM   #45
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Misuseofyou: Is there any point other than looks to having dual outlets/tips? Seems like the extra bends would be more restriction?

There should be no difference, even if you do use a single inlet dual outlet muffler. Basically the dual 2.5" (5" total) outlets are allowing the exhaust gases from one 2.5" inlet to evacuate. 5" should be plenty to do this, regardless of the bends.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:10 PM   #46
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misuseofyou View Post
I have to say you're right, and in my first post I mis spoke. Reading it now, its not what I was thinking. I thought that he wanted two mufflers as I've seen before and thought that it made no sense to split your 1 pipe into two, when you could just get 1 good muffler capable of handling w/e amount of flow you need. Pretty much what has been said, except I was unable to articulate it.

I'm not going to respond to every point you made in your last 3 or so posts, but I'm not 17 and I just wanted to discuss the point, without being laughed at. Grats on your car knowledge, I never questioned it in the first place.

lol k, i was having a bad day

could've sworn your profile had your age in it yesterday
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:42 PM   #47
Misuseofyou
GL Member

I'm 22, though I'm sure at 32 and 52 I'll still have my head up my ass some days.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:21 PM   #48
econewb22
The Plane Mechanic

econewb22 is on a distinguished road
im wantin to do the duals too...anyone got pics/videos of one?
econewb22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:25 PM   #49
Misuseofyou
GL Member

eff not this thread!
Old 03-11-2009, 09:01 AM   #50
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
they are going to have to either split the exhaust in the back after the pipe goes over the suspension if you want dual mufflers, or you can get a single in / dual out muffler and just have them run 2 pipes out the back from the mufflers exits, photobucket is down for maintenance or id post a pic of mine

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote