Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Old 03-11-2009, 02:51 PM   #21
xstrong4lifex
GL Member

xstrong4lifex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xstrong4lifex
Quote:
Originally Posted by heineck View Post
where would one come by a pre-programmed pcm?
i want my rev limiter to be higher.

Thats a good question I'd at lest want 120...
xstrong4lifex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:55 PM   #22
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

AbHeLlRaZoR is on a distinguished road
higher speeds = bigger speeding tickets
Old 03-11-2009, 02:55 PM   #23
Dhoyle
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Dhoyle is on a distinguished road
unless u out run the cops >.> lols jk jk
Old 03-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #24
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Why would you want your rev limiter raised? Does your car make power over 6500 RPM? Can your valvetrain survive that high of speeds? Pistons meeting valves don't end well.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:59 PM   #25
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Why would you want your rev limiter raised? Does your car make power over 6500 RPM? Can your valvetrain survive that high of speeds? Pistons meeting valves don't end well.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:03 PM   #26
xstrong4lifex
GL Member

Nah I just want quicker acceleration.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:04 PM   #27
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

AbHeLlRaZoR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
you guys better listen to ion the man knows what he's talking about.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #28
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

rowdygls is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rowdygls Send a message via MSN to rowdygls Send a message via Yahoo to rowdygls
This thread is so full of fail from clueless people. The re-programmed PCM's that are available have other qualities that make them beneficial other then removal of the speed limiter. All I see in here are speed freaks who don't have the supporting mods to even make going that fast remotely safe.

If someone does then I apoligize but at that point you already know how or have already removed the limiter.

I just noticed this was in the 2.2 section and it makes my above statement that much more factual.

Chapter Member
rowdygls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:07 PM   #29
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstrong4lifex View Post
Nah I just want quicker acceleration.
If the car doesn't make any more power (most make less) above the stock RPM limiter, how the hell would you have quicker acceleration by spinning 7000 RPM?
Old 03-11-2009, 03:09 PM   #30
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
If the car doesn't make any more power (most make less) above the stock RPM limiter, how the hell would you have quicker acceleration by spinning 7000 RPM?

if you were accelerating from a dead stop, then you wont spin 7K for a little bit, thus no power difference

/thread
Old 03-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #31
xstrong4lifex
GL Member

Quote:

I'm just playing

I wanted to be included with some of the funny comments, I'm still waiting for my tsudo header... kinda getting angry.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:07 PM   #32
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgear View Post

and on a side note, cruise control works at 130

Thats some great data...thx for the doing the research
Old 03-11-2009, 04:13 PM   #33
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
rapid acceleration
high speed : :thumbdown:

no car accels consistantly through the full spectrum (to top speed) to make you say YEAH I"M GOING 1000000mph! going fast doesn't push you into your seat. it just makes your car shake and makes you want to poop yourself.

even the koenisegg ccx needs a runway to get up close to its max.. and its only rapidly accelling at the first half of it.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:24 PM   #34
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
co-sign^^
Old 03-11-2009, 04:24 PM   #35
[ion] C2
636 whp

^What he said.

Acceleration is the fun bit. High speed is just dangerous. I've only gone 120 and don't feel like doing it again, the only thing it does is make you have less time to react and again, if something went wrong at that speed...
Old 03-11-2009, 05:42 PM   #36
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
i'd be happy with raising my car's speed limiter to around the speed that the car would still have decent pull... take our corvette for example, it gets to 140 mph really fast and its made to sustain those speeds. you feel like you are driving 60 mph instead of 140. on the other hand, my alero feels like its going 200+ mph when its only going 108 because its made for everyday driving.

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:52 PM   #37
Misuseofyou
GL Member

Misuseofyou is on a distinguished road
I think anyone who owned a Corvette wouldn't give 2 shits about doing 120 mph in their Alero.
Misuseofyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:53 PM   #38
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdgeofSanity View Post
i'd be happy with raising my car's speed limiter to around the speed that the car would still have decent pull... take our corvette for example, it gets to 140 mph really fast and its made to sustain those speeds. you feel like you are driving 60 mph instead of 140. on the other hand, my alero feels like its going 200+ mph when its only going 108 because its made for everyday driving.

in following that logic... you should decrease your limiter...

you'd have to aerodynamically modify the car to justify raising it. (to make it like da vette)
Old 03-11-2009, 06:12 PM   #39
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
yeah, i guess ur right. i mean, its fun once in a great while to open it up but its not practical or safe to do alot. i wonder how the alero's with the FE3 suspension do, compared?

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:20 PM   #40
[ion] C2
636 whp

the difference in suspension is so minimal....