Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 02-25-2012, 09:11 AM   #1
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Tuning available in Southern Ontario

Wanted to let you guys know that I am now offering tuning for GM vehicles. Support is available for most GM vehicles from 97 to current models. Full support is available for the entire Alero/Grand Am production run. With seven years experience tuning and an avid club member myself, I know what you guys are looking for and need! So, if your looking to give your stock vehicle a little wake up, or need those mods you spent all that money on to function properly, get in touch and let me help you!
I offer a basic tuning session, which would take around 3 hours, and the advanced session including Wide Band tuning is a full day affair. Transmission tuning is second to none and I can accomidate any trans set-up or wheel size. I have been very busy the last couple of weeks, so if you are intrested then contact me and we will schedule a time that is good for you! So it is out there, Basic tuning sessions are $250 and the Advanced session is $325. Anyone that has tuning done here will always have the option of re-tunes for $50 a session. What this means, if you tune now and decide down the road to add to your build, tuning for those mods will only cost you $50 a session!
It has taken a long time and thousands of hours to get where I am comfortable to offer this to the GM community. With spring right around the corner let's get together and make your car right!
Old 02-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Where exactly are you located?
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Dead middle between Niagara Falls and Toronto. City of Burlington to be exact.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

about a 10 hour drive for me. a few friends and I want to go on a road trip this summer, I'll be sure to keep this idea open.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
Mike The Canadian
GL Member

Mike The Canadian is on a distinguished road
Hey guys,

I just wanted to throw it out there that I had my car tuned by Paul.
Bang for the buck (especially the wide-band tune) is incredible, the guy spends a LOT of time with your car and makes a tune just for you and your car.

Paul made it easy not to screw up and had me run the fuel grade I wanted to tune for, for a couple of days.

It's simply hard to describe how a tune makes a car feel... Solid is a word I tend to use over and over again. I have had some mods done to my car (CAI, P&P 3500 UIM, 65mm TB and a mandrel 2.5 catback). I originally had a 65 mm TB with a ported 3100 UIM done by 3500Alero on here that I was very happy with, I then got the 2.5 exhaust done and my car had seemed to have picked up a tonne of top end but ended up having a low end bog... I passed it off as lost torque due to having less back pressure.

Either way my car was inconsistent as hell and very sloppy feeling when shifting.

Paul spent hours tuning my car and refused to let me drive away until it was perfect, he is very passionate about his work.

My first impressions were that the car got it's low end mojo back while being even better up top, and that was until it shifted!

I had always thought that the tranny was the weak point on this car, my god does it feel solid as hell now. I have every confidence in the transmission to stand up to anything I give it. No shuddering/slippage at all... The thing winds up and just powers into the gear...short and solid shifts...

The whole car in general feels great and solid... There's more power, the transmission shifts solidly and quickly... I'm not sure how else to describe it... the best thing you can really do to understand is go for a drive..

As for the mans knowledge and credibility, one ride in his GA will quickly tell you he knows what he's doing.

I have a great opportunity as I have another 3100 sitting in the driveway (Buick Century).

It's incredible how much more lively the Malibu feels now compared to the Century... the Century actually has a fun shifting pattern to make that car fun to drive (holds gears, downshifts easily on command)... now its a different ball game, the motor/tranny have a much more fun driving personality...

A tune is certainly one of the top mods you can do to your car and Paul certainly knows what he's doing!

Feel free to ask me any questions if you have anything.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
Hm, only 4 hours away. Might consider it

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #7
MMGT1
GLS member

Holy hell Mike... lol Thanks for the props though dude. I must say the car did feel really nice the last couple of times out. Car has a great ride man, enjoy it!
Old 02-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #8
Mike The Canadian
GL Member

Oh yeah that too, cruising is much more comfortable... laughing at 1100 rpm going 60 km/h lol
Old 02-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #9
unchained01
GX Member

unchained01 is on a distinguished road
I can vouch for MMGT'S rep. , not personally but by his posts here and GAGT He helps alot of people on the HP tuner site He has hundreds of posts over there and knows how to tune for boost Like AaronGTR and Greg. I would hesitate to ask them for advise and help with tuning It's well with the money IMO !!!
unchained01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #10
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

colonel6632 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to colonel6632
i want this so bad

2005 Silverado 2500HD w/ 6.0l Vortec 4L80E
Tuned 6.0l, exhaust, intake, with 450000km on the odometer. Tow Rig

1985 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/ 5.7 Vortec 700r4
mild vortec 350 with 4 speed auto. performance suspension. factory gold color. project car
colonel6632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #11
Rexter9x
V.I.P. Member

Rexter9x is on a distinguished road
This is very tempting, and your not far either. Hmm...
Rexter9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #12
MMGT1
GLS member

Kitchener is not far al all, about 40 mins away man!!
Old 02-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #13
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

colonel6632 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to colonel6632
if i was only 40 min away, i'd be there instantly

2005 Silverado 2500HD w/ 6.0l Vortec 4L80E
Tuned 6.0l, exhaust, intake, with 450000km on the odometer. Tow Rig

1985 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/ 5.7 Vortec 700r4
mild vortec 350 with 4 speed auto. performance suspension. factory gold color. project car
colonel6632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:42 PM   #14
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel6632 View Post
if i was only 40 min away, i'd be there instantly

Old 02-26-2012, 12:51 PM   #15
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

Gah, I need to get an enhanced ID or passport to cross the border Can I pay you in beer? lol.

For real tho, Even with as little mods I have (CAI/WAI, MSD coils and plug wires) I am definitely interested. I have always noticed how crappy the stock shifting points are and how sometimes it feels like the trans slips when I'm punching it.

Done lost my mind
Old 02-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #16
Mike The Canadian
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhubbz View Post
Gah, I need to get an enhanced ID or passport to cross the border Can I pay you in beer? lol.

For real tho, Even with as little mods I have (CAI/WAI, MSD coils and plug wires) I am definitely interested. I have always noticed how crappy the stock shifting points are and how sometimes it feels like the trans slips when I'm punching it.

Most certainly, the tranny shifts like crap the way its setup stock.
Look how quickly and easily it can shift.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6633104...in/photostream

For the last video, I dropped a full second in my 80-115 acceleration times

All vids taken on a closed course
Old 02-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #17
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike The Canadian View Post
Most certainly, the tranny shifts like crap the way its setup stock.
Look how quickly and easily it can shift.

For the last video, I dropped a full second in my 80-115 acceleration times

All vids taken on a closed course

Expect me in the summer time, preferably before ASS

Done lost my mind
Old 02-26-2012, 03:22 PM   #18
MMGT1
GLS member

The extra 25k/hr on the shift makes a big difference for the next gear and keeps the car in a good powerband. Also, 6k is really as far as I would go on stock internals. At 6200 they *WILL* experience valve flutter. If you look to go any higher than that, your into a set of heads... just an fyi
Old 02-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #19
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

^what he said. I think after my exhaust I'll be making a trip up there.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #20
Mike The Canadian
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhubbz View Post

Expect me in the summer time, preferably before ASS

Most certainly the car would have been going even quicker there if I had shifted from 1-2 and done that acceleration, you shift right into your power band.