Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
redrider07
GX Member

redrider07 is on a distinguished road
Window Door Pillar?

My drivers side black door pillar between the windows is all messed up. Somehow, water got in there and when it rains or gets moisture it bubbles all up. When it drys its completely gray, and almost all the black is stripped off the pillar. I am trying to decide how to fix this? Its not paint as far as I know, should I sand it down and paint it? Or, should I talk to GM...I think its some kind of sealant from the factory.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:40 PM   #2
Ttop191
GLS member

Ttop191 will become famous soon enoughTtop191 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ttop191 Send a message via MSN to Ttop191
Some one did a how to on this...let me find it

EDIT: can't seem to find it but IIRC they simply removed it, sanded it down and repainted it

Last edited by Ttop191 : 12-17-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:16 PM   #3
2fastshifter
GX Member

2fastshifter is on a distinguished road
. . .

Last edited by 2fastshifter : 12-22-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:34 PM   #4
redrider07
GX Member

redrider07 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I will probably just sand it and paint it then. The only other thing I could do is get those carbon fiber door pillars. I think they look to flashy and would not match my window tint! Thanks for the suggestion man, and those chrome ones are too flashy for me...I like just black on black
Old 12-17-2010, 05:41 PM   #5
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
those r not pillars. they r called door frame appliques. and theres a how to on here
Old 12-18-2010, 04:53 PM   #6
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
you missed one step, remove, sand down, bondo, sand, primer, paint ( well I guess more then one ) but thats pretty much it
Old 12-19-2010, 09:10 AM   #7
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
omg!!!^^^ please dont listen to this guy at all, and the part is called door frame applique, the 'pillar' or 'door post' is what the door hinge bolts too, then goes up into the roof
the door pillar, when we get them new it comes as a complete uni-side the a-pillar, outer rocker, b-pillar and roof structure

if you have a water leak replacing the applique isnt going to sovle anything, ya have to find the water leak, and if you have no experience your effed, you wont k now what to look for

or if it is just the applique that is bad then replace it, dont listen to the guy above me replace it the part is cheap
Old 12-19-2010, 05:53 PM   #8
robalero
GLS member

hey, please don't be such a rooster like this guy ^^^^^

hey try being a lot less of a rooster next time and just point it out more suttle. by what I meant was if it has rust spots and shit not to be a rooster but im sure you could of figured that out yourself and mentioned such a thing considering your supose to be a "bodyman"
Old 12-20-2010, 10:08 PM   #9
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
and your response of the said "fix" is the correct way?? iam sorry bondo is not the cure all as you may think, and just sand and paint like you say what if he did that and effed it up

listening to a person that does not do body work and give the "normal" answer to a said question is not the correct repsonse hes looking for

thats why im here to give the correct info and correct advice from a journeyman, your info is something you must have looked at on a honda forum or some dsm forum

so in closing leave the advice to a professional........................like me
Old 12-21-2010, 05:19 AM   #10
robalero
GLS member

man, you need to get your head out of your ass lol. I never go to honda forums infact I hate them.

its called you use the bondo to fill in the holes. what esle would you do? weld? thats impossible. jesus just drop the thread your head is too far up your ass
Old 12-21-2010, 06:29 PM   #11
bdyman
GLS member

lmao!!! did you just type out "fill in the holes with bondo" am i seeing that right, looks like i would stick to your day job and let the professionals answer the question
Old 12-21-2010, 08:38 PM   #12
robalero
GLS member

sigh with the part were talking about you can't weld onto it specially when its the plastic black piece that is broken and then started to rust under it.

btw I work as a mechanic as my day job at a major dealership. I am not going to bother responding to any of this anymore like I said your just too stuck up in your own ass to realize other people are trying to help.

p.s. anything I post in don't bother commenting towards anything I said
Old 12-21-2010, 08:59 PM   #13
Afugy
I poop alot

Afugy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by robalero View Post
sigh with the part were talking about you can't weld onto it specially when its the plastic black piece that is broken and then started to rust under it.

Just because you're a "mechanic" with very poor grammar doesn't mean you know jack about body work. As far as we are concerned, bodyman has proven himself over and over as effing man when it comes to body work and you don't have anything to show. But please keep calling him names.

PS. How does plastic rust?
Old 12-22-2010, 05:20 AM   #14
robalero
GLS member

its the metal under the plastic
Old 12-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #15
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m

I shaved my balls for this?
Old 12-22-2010, 02:05 PM   #16
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Done

~locked

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Closed Thread