Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 12-25-2003, 12:24 AM   #21
Final-Reality

No I know thats from the ECOTEC, you misunderstood me "In the last pic you can really see how tall the 2.4 TC is" was referring to the pictures above, with the blue engine block, which is the 2.4 twin cam...

Yes these pictures are obviously of the ECOTEC cylinder head... as it says so in the bottom right corner of the pictures... :P
Old 12-26-2003, 09:12 PM   #22
Spy

Quote:
Originally posted by mrpute+Dec 24 2003, 07:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrpute @ Dec 24 2003, 07:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Final-Reality@Dec 17 2003, 01:57 AM
In the last pic you can really see how tall the 2.4 TC is, with the cam tower sticking way up there, because the cams sit up fairly high over the valves with the followers on top of the valvesprings, and the cams directly above the followers (or lifters for you OHV V8 guys)... it's sort of an antiquated design now, if you look at the ecotec, the cams sit sorta beside the valvesprings for a much more compact design, everything fits right inside the cylinder head, there's no need for lifter bores and cam covers up over the head...

Hopefully this is easier to visualize than the last paragraph :P :

Just to let you know, those pics are from the 2.4 "Ecotec" LE5 engine GM is throwing in the new Cobalt. The LD9 does not have rockers as shown in the pics but rather a single lifter between each valve and camshaft lobe. [/b][/quote]
Sorry to be a rooster, but are you serious? That's not a 2.4L quad? but but but an ecotec!? I could've sworn that was the way my motor looked when I tore it down.

DUR DUR DUR....

roflaotp...... lololololol
Old 12-30-2003, 09:14 AM   #23
mrpute

All I was trying to do was set the record straight. Not everybody has torn apart their LD9s.