Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 11-18-2003, 03:21 PM   #1
havik

Quote:
i don't know if anyone asked, but here goes...i know a guy with a cavalier with a 2.4...he's got a chip that pretty much eliminates the rev limiter....is there anything out there that fits the alero? or is the one from the cavalier the same? help would be appreciated

Quote:
http://www.asechips.com do a search using the 2.4L Pontiac Grand Am. The GA chip will work on the Alero. The cavy chip, if they have one, won't work.

Quote:
Also, removing the rev limiter is not only pretty stupid, its absolutly useless with the stock valvetrain, after 6500rpm you're only making noise, not power

Quote:
No poop. Your power curve is dropping off before you even hit 6500. There is absolutely no point revving past red.

Quote:
I wish I could rev to 6500rpm... I know my "stock" valvetrain can handle it...

Quote:
^^^^^ handle or produce power?? in my 2.2 i shift before 5200 rpm.. there is jus no power down there

Quote:
Dude.. you don't hit peak power on the 2.2 until 5600...

Quote:
The 6500rpm shift point is about as optimal as you can get, it puts it right in the engines powerband when it shifts to next gear, maybe even a little less with the 5 speed since the gears are a bit closer, and it already kind of nods off after like 6000rpm, you dont drive a bunnying honduh...

Quote:
bspot... thats what works best for me to keep power as i shift through gears.. what works for you works for you.... i know my cars setup and thats what works... trust me

Quote:
I'll go with the multiple choice answer... handle and produce power that is going to be up there when I start this bitch up again...

The hairs on my back are standing up now.. heheh

Quote:
arite...so no point in removing the rev limiter then...thanx guys...just had to ask seein as that's what one guy has....he told me he got more out of his car...i told him no...so i asked and got my answer...thanx

Quote:

Quote:
bspot... thats what works best for me to keep power as i shift through gears.. what works for you works for you.... i know my cars setup and thats what works... trust me
Hey man... i'm not hacking on yah, i'm just curious. I'm no race car driver, i just assumed you'd want to go a bit past peak power. But keep in mind I have zero engine mods... and I can only talk about my stock-mobile. (Not all of us have a killer dual exhaust)

Quote:
i would like to change the rev limiter on mine. not for going thru the gears but the park and nuetral rev limiter. Only being able to rev to 4000 sucks. Lucky 5-spds

Quote:
Quote:
i would like to change the rev limiter on mine. not for going thru the gears but the park and nuetral rev limiter. Only being able to rev to 4000 sucks. Lucky 5-spds
Thats wierd... I wonder what the point of Having a lower rev limit in park/neutral is??

Quote:
yeah mine is like that too, thought it was kinda weird, maybe the 4t40-e can handle a neutral drop from 4000rpm once or twice?

Quote:
hehe bspot.. i dont have engine mods eiher.. WAI and my exhaust.. LoL thats it.. but i find it cuts to the next gear better @ those rpms...