V.I.P. Member

Pimpalero03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pimpalero03
205 hp and 200 lbs torque.. nice car

Pimpalero03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 12:24 AM   #2
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
well i would rather drive a all steel car and have a decent sized piece of metal protecting me than a satrun that is all plastic except the hood and roof and deck lid and the door i beams are paper thin
no thank`s i will pass
and i would rather have a turbo on my ecotec
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 12:30 AM   #3
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
i would rather have my tongue nail to a 2x4 than that POS, M&*%^% F&%*&%&( C$%^ S7cking poor excuse of a car.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:04 AM   #4
ShortysTRM

well, it's a GM FWD just like any other, only it has some plastic body panels. Our cars are just as big of POS's. The big difference: Saturn is still in business. Oh yeah, and that car would whip a stock alero's ass.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:20 AM   #5
Crolero

Hmmmmmm, a saturn with that much hp cant be safe. Its liable to fall apart or all that plastic would just buckel under speeds of +60MPH. Just my $0.02.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:28 AM   #6
Grouch

Is it just me or does the ass end (wing, trunk lines, tail lights) and the lower sides of that thing look like a Celica?
Old 08-12-2004, 03:50 AM   #7
Crolero

^^^^ Same thing i was thinking :thumbsup:
Old 08-12-2004, 05:44 AM   #8
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
wow, you guys sure are bitter, maybe it's because GM dumped Olds to put the money into saturn?
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 07:19 AM   #9
n8tureboy

Here's one for ya, they tried selling saturn's up here in labrador. Sure dent proof plastic is great for normal conditions, but up here where the avrage temp in the winter is about -30C they are not shatter proof.... :thumbsup:

Nice engine though... I don't doubt in a few years someone will try putting one of those in an Alero..
Old 08-12-2004, 07:29 AM   #10
Pimpalero03
V.I.P. Member

Pimpalero03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pimpalero03
i was talking bout that supercharger
Pimpalero03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 09:39 AM   #11
FormulaNERD
GLS member

yea, it's sweet.... cant wait till they decide to slap s/c on the new 2.4 eco.... maybe then i'll buy a redline.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:48 AM   #12
alerosmoke

cute car for a high school chick.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:30 AM   #13
mfuller

The motor's good, as are the two front seats (Recaros!) and the wheels (forged aluminum), but I'll pass on everything else.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:35 AM   #14
havik

Quote:
Originally posted by n8tureboy@Aug 12 2004, 06:19 AM
Nice engine though... I don't doubt in a few years someone will try putting one of those in an Alero..
That's about the only thing I'd consider.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:12 AM   #15
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

NoSweat83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice motor but its a saturn and you know what I think you know what I think of saturn.
Old 08-12-2004, 04:07 PM   #16
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
i would much rather wait for the Colbalt (cavaqueer replacement... )
Or for the GMPP supercharger kit that should be coming out for the ecotec :thumbsup:

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 04:23 PM   #17
FormulaNERD
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by NoSweat83@Aug 12 2004, 03:12 PM
Nice motor but its a saturn and you know what I think you know what I think of saturn.
hmmm, had to read this a few times to understand it. lol
Old 08-13-2004, 08:50 AM   #18
MikeSS
V.I.P. Member

MikeSS is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by FormulaNERD@Aug 12 2004, 08:39 AM
yea, it's sweet.... cant wait till they decide to slap s/c on the new 2.4 eco.... maybe then i'll buy a redline.
Probably won't happen cause the side walls in the chamber would be to thin to deal with heat cause by the supercharger. That is why GM uses a 2.0L Ecotec which is based on the same block as the 2.2L. We all know how much GM likes to save money, so they would have put the supercharger on the 2.2L to save money if it would be reliable enough for a production car.
1996 Camaro Y87 - Gone
2003 Alero 2.2L GX 5-Spd - 15.21 @ 88.21 - Gone
MikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 10:23 AM   #19
Final-Reality

GM is going to be de-stroking the 2.4L down to 2.2L and supercharging it. Then they're going to put it in the Pontiac Solstice. Production ECOTECs have a relatively long stroke compared to their bore (94.6mm stroke/86mm bore for the 2.2L, 98mm stroke/88mm bore for the 2.4L), so de-stroking it makes it more reliable while under boost, something GM needs to do for a relatively high-volume production engine.

Also, the Redline isnt a bad car, stop knocking the stupid panels, there's still a steel "exoskeleton" underneath said panels, and the corvette uses the same material for it's body, so quit with your obvious bias against the car. (Note: I hate the interior with its central-mounted guages, don't get me wrong.) Personally I'd wait for the (supposedly) lighter, faster, better looking and nicer interior'd Chevy Cobalt SS/SC.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:49 AM   #20
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
Also, the Redline isnt a bad car, stop knocking the stupid panels, there's still a steel "exoskeleton"

lol!! oh really!!! well it`s obviuos you haven`t fixed allot of sturn`s then have ya
paper thin you can take your hand and push the inner 1/4 and the I-beams in the doors with your hands and watch them move like coke cans
ever see a saturn after a 15 mph rear end hit??? or for that matter a side impact??? pos!!! my tool box has stronger steel on it than a saturn lol POS!!!! SATURN!!!!
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote