Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 12-22-2010, 04:45 PM   #21
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Its..... about 6 inches to the left of your oil filter if your under the car and feet pointed to the front end.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:17 PM   #22
Bigshot44
GX Member

Bigshot44 is an unknown quantity at this point
this is really starting to annoy me. Where am i going to find the right adapter for this to fit?

2003 Olds Alero 2.2L Eco
Ttop191: who gives a damn what everyone else thinks, if you are proud of it thats all that matters, dont let others persuade you into thinking what you like is wrong.
Bigshot44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:36 PM   #23
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Auto part store will have it. You need one end of the adapter to fit in the block and the other end to fit on the new adapter
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:55 PM   #24
Bigshot44
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Auto part store will have it. You need one end of the adapter to fit in the block and the other end to fit on the new adapter

Edit:
i went to part source and they said theres no adapter for that because the factory has the threads that tighten when it screws in (spaced bigger to thinner) versus all evenly spaced (equally spaced)

2003 Olds Alero 2.2L Eco
Ttop191: who gives a damn what everyone else thinks, if you are proud of it thats all that matters, dont let others persuade you into thinking what you like is wrong.

Last edited by Bigshot44 : 12-22-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:59 PM   #25
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

colonel6632 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to colonel6632
i bought an adapter, and installed my oil pressure sensor.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ATM-2278/

2005 Silverado 2500HD w/ 6.0l Vortec 4L80E
Tuned 6.0l, exhaust, intake, with 450000km on the odometer. Tow Rig

1985 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/ 5.7 Vortec 700r4
mild vortec 350 with 4 speed auto. performance suspension. factory gold color. project car
colonel6632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:50 AM   #26
sleepyalero
GLS member

That's weird cause I got mine from Napa with no problems.. and on my post above I ment "the other end to fit the new sensor" not adapter. But hope u knew what I ment.

Sorry if it was confusing.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by sleepyalero : 12-23-2010 at 12:52 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:14 AM   #27
Bigshot44
GX Member

So what would i need to take to napa for them to get me the right part? just the old sensor and the new one?

2003 Olds Alero 2.2L Eco
Old 12-23-2010, 12:25 PM   #28
sleepyalero
GLS member

yeah tell them you need an adapter. you need one the size of the old sender to fit in to the oil pressure hole. and the other end needs to screw on to your new oil sender.

take both senders in if you can so they can match the threads that will go into the block.

make sure you use thread tape (i forget the reap word for it) on the adapter or your will leak some oil. mine did for awhile and had to fix it.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by sleepyalero : 12-23-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:09 PM   #29
Bigshot44
GX Member

i went to part source, canadian tire, napa, princess auto, and like 3 other stores. all of them said that theres no thread adaptor because thats not a normal thread size its made for only that engine block. The guy said i should go mechanical because theres no fitment issue. So im fed up with this and am probably going to put the stock back in and forget about the entire thing. Although before i give up, theres one last thing i can try. He mentioned something about using the stock sensor but tapping into it under the dash and using a resistor for an electronic gauge. Can someone explain what he was talking about?

2003 Olds Alero 2.2L Eco
Old 12-24-2010, 02:01 PM   #30
sleepyalero
GLS member

I have no idea on that but That's weird I got one for mine no problem.. but u could always order one off summit racing from the link That Guy posted for you.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote: