Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 02-11-2006, 11:04 PM   #1
aleromod101

I have already ordered 2 of the Rockford T112D2. Which I am going to get 2 more for a full trunk enclosure. Link Below on them. I was wondering about ports or no ports. Size and all so all you audio specs help me out I got a couple Ideas but wanting to see what other ideas are out there. Help me out please. Also I should add Im not going fiberglass.

http://rockfordfosgate.com/products/produc...37&locale=en_US
Old 02-12-2006, 12:38 AM   #2
aleromod101

Anyone????
Old 02-12-2006, 09:19 AM   #3
wrightie
V.I.P. Member

wrightie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
well I can tell you, that you will definetely not need 2 more of these with the first 2 you will be able to 1200 watts rms. that is incredibly loud. yuo dont need the other two. From what I remember these subs like a ported enclosure. they perform better. they arent made for a sealed enclosure.
wrightie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:19 AM   #4
aleromod101

Well Im going for 2 more when I do my competitions up here. Im very big into that. Any Ideas???
Old 02-12-2006, 12:10 PM   #5
Str33tRacer

I have the "new" when it was out new, MTX slot ported box. I had a sealed box (2 12" Audiobahn 121T) and they pounded hard as hell but couldnt be heard. CC brought out the box with 2 halfway blown 12" 125's i believe, and they out did mine. So i got the box and let me tell you, its loud enough. Too loud sometimes, how gay that sounds but great product!
Old 02-12-2006, 12:16 PM   #6
Str33tRacer

Slot BoX

Something like this works, trust me
Old 02-12-2006, 01:27 PM   #7
wrightie
V.I.P. Member

wrightie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
woops sorry, I didnt know you were doing competitions. these should do just nicely. I am into custom enclosures but you said you didnt want to do any fiberglass. This is what would have suggested for a nice custom look.
wrightie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 02:34 PM   #8
bassboss
GX Member

bassboss is an unknown quantity at this point
I would have suggested a Fibreglass install myself. But each their own i guess.

But I would do a single sub on each side facing slightly fwd and the amp(s) angled to the back in the back, center of the trunk. call me old fashion but i like the look of that install. Even if it's not fiber.
bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 03:48 PM   #9
aleromod101

OK well im going fiberglass but not yet. I was think ok here ill draw it out. Kinda..

--- sub ---- sub ----
l l

sub sub
l l
l l

I know thats ghetho but hey best wayto describe it. I guess. LOL. It will be like that or more in a box shape but hoping do curve out the 2 sides. WEll poop after seeing the post it doesnt look like a thing I did but o well. I sketch draw it and take a pick.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:14 PM   #10
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
Quote:
Originally posted by wrightie@Feb 12 2006, 06:27 PM
woops sorry, I didnt know you were doing competitions. these should do just nicely. I am into custom enclosures but you said you didnt want to do any fiberglass. This is what would have suggested for a nice custom look.

That much power would require alot of fiberglass. Fiberglass is pretty strong, but it takes alot of weave and multiple coats to get the strength that four TI's would require. Fiberglass may be strong, but it will still flex.
I would pm sound_xtreme if he is still posting. He seemed to be pretty knowledgable about building sub enclosures. It seems like black03gxs was pretty good with them as well. Otherwise, go to elitecaraudio.com. They have quite a few guys that do competition.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 04:17 PM   #11
aleromod101

OK here is a fast 3 second sketch. Link Below to my poopty drawing. LOL

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/pro...527/Drawing.jpg
Old 02-12-2006, 05:43 PM   #12
aleromod101

Anyone
Old 02-12-2006, 06:10 PM   #13
auchevyalero2004

4 12's will be very hard to fit without doing a sort of wall or removal of back seat. i made 4 10s BARELY fit in mine.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:23 PM   #14
aleromod101

My friend has 4 15 in his just no trunk space. But fit just fine. You have to build the box inside the trunk.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:15 PM   #15
auchevyalero2004

there just isnt enough room at least to fit the subs on the same plane unless you fire them upwards. i guess maybe if you fire them to the rear you MIGHT be able to get em. i think you still wont be able to get the air space to spec though. just have it all WELL planned out before you buy those other 2. possibly even built.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:26 PM   #16
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by prospero527@Feb 12 2006, 11:19 AM
Well Im going for 2 more when I do my competitions up here. Im very big into that. Any Ideas???

if ur that big into competitions....... u shouldnt be asking for help on this website.....

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:22 PM   #17
aleromod101

Im not im asking for suggestions.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:43 AM   #18
bassboss
GX Member

bassboss is an unknown quantity at this point
I like the first ones the "custom trunk". The two angled at the sides look good. But yeah, firing the two (not the side) fwd mihgt be a hard go for air space or "to spec" thought. I would say go w/the two side onse the way they are and fire the other to back instead of fwd.

Oh yeah, as far as the fiberglass not being strong enough. If you build the enclosure out of "wood" then just do a fibreglass facsia it would still look sweet and perform awsome.

But that's just my 2 cents.
bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:16 AM   #19
aleromod101

Thats what im worried about is the specs. But they will still pound without the specs.