Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 11-18-2003, 05:29 PM   #1
Grouch

Quote:
Originally posted by "Grouch"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Grouch")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>What does this kit do???
-constant DRL overide
-switchable auto headlight control (in other words, it get's rid of the auto lights with the flip of a small switch)
-fog lamps operate independant of all other lights
-this kit will not activate the SVS warning light like many other DRL 'tricks' would do

Store/Site purchased: http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~martinmp/index.htm

Cost/Shipping: $65 (now $60) / varies, about $6

Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: Delivery a little on the slow side. These guys build these things when you order it and they have regular day jobs. So be patient it will get to you. I think mine took about 2-weeks. Both these guys are regulars at the GAGT Forums. Tech support through email or on the GAGT Forum is very good.

Initial product impressions, quality: Impressed! This thing is very professionally assembled. Kit includes all neccessary hardware for installation. All wires in kit already terminated with appropriate connections. Plus it includes a 1-year warranty.

Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: Very good, also comes with wiring schematic. Study these for a bit before jumping in, it will make things much easier.

Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: Not that difficult. It took me about an hour, but I was taking my time. Requires splicing into and/or cutting about 10 wires into/out of the cars computer under the glovebox. Speaking of which you don't have to remove the glovebox to install this, but it makes it much easier and the g-box is easy to remove. Make sure you make good crimps in the wires. Many of the problems that have arisen so far were the result of bad crimps.

Final Thoughs: I love this kit! I hated the auto headlamp feature and getting rid of the DRL's at the same time was icing on the cake! If interested in this kit get over to their website, they aren't going to be making many more.[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-"CHADIS"

I think this kit is absolutely great
It was driving me crazy that I couldn't turn off my head lights at night
It wasn't so bad that they went on automatically, that was kind of cool, sometimes
but it drove me nuts that I could not turn them off when I wanted to
I felt like I was being over powered by my car :?

but now....its great, and I love driving around with just my fog lights on and no daytime runners
[/quote]