Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 11-18-2003, 05:43 PM   #1
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Quote:
Originally posted by "sepultribe66"
well ive had this mod for a lil while but i figured id go ahead and do this anyway...

Store/Site purchased:Â;-) Local sound shop owned by buddy.Â;-) I think you could get in touch with them via online as well.

Cost/Shipping: i believe it was $400 if i remember correctly.

Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props:Â;-) Ok this is the main reason im writing this review.Â;-) When I ordered the alternator I gave them all the info they asked for: make, model, year, and engine/model type.Â;-) I got the alternator within the week and it was installed the day after I got it.Â;-) I rode on it for a day and noticed by nightfall that something was not right. At idle with no system on, all the lights were fluttering throughout the car (that is they were going from light to dim at a very quick pace).Â;-) It wasnt doing it to the point where it was very noticeable but reguardless it was doing this and i was pissed.Â;-) When I looked at my volt meter I noticed it was putting out less volts than with the stock alternator.Â;-) With the system on the lights were dimming even worse than with the stock alternator.Â;-) The next day the alternator was pulled and I contacted Ohio.Â;-) When I told them what happened they told me that since my car was a 2001 there were 2 different regulators for that year, 1 regulator was used at a certain point of production and another was used in a diferent point.Â;-) They gave me the wrong one...I was pissed that they didnt recognize this before and that they should have asked for more info and told them that they should compensate me for the install fees.Â;-) They refused at first but, the shop who i got it through told them if they dont compensate me that they were gonna stop giving them business so in the end I got my way.Â;-) I sent out the alternator and got the right one back in 2 weeks.Â;-) Installed and worked great.

Initial product impressions, quality:Â;-) This alternator looks just like the stock one.Â;-) I believe you can get it painted different colors if you wish.

Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: none

Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA:Â;-) its an easy install.Â;-) It installs like the stock one.Â;-) didnt have time to do this myself because of work and i was anxious to have it.

If not self installed, cost of installation: $40.

Performance, appearance opinions:Â;-) With the system on full volume and while listening to the ghetto beats with lots of bass it still dims a little at idle (when i mean a little i mean you have to stare very hard to notice anything at all), all you have to do is put it in neutral and bring it up to 1500 rpm's and the dimming is gone.Â;-) That is the only time there is ANY dimming at all.

Any other thoughts about the product:Â;-) If youre considering doing this upgrade you may want to consider a deep cycle battery and upgrading the wiring from the alternator to the battery if you havent done that already.Â;-)

*btw.Â;-) I checked there website and if you order on-line they ask for all the necessary information that would have avoided the problem I had with them on the phone.Â;-) If i were to do this again I would do it on-line because there is less chance of a mistake as you are dealing with a computer and not a roosterhead.
believe this is the website http://www.splmax.com/ohiogenerator/ohio.html

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote