Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 12-25-2015, 10:54 PM   #61
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Oh no. Camaros have a 5x120 bolt pattern, the impala is 5x115 which is the correct size for the alero, the camaro rotors will not fit on the hub.

Along with the center bore, it matches the alero as the camaro rotors do not.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 12:29 AM   #62
Koots
GX Member

Koots is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
I'm curious why does everyone say to get the Impala rotors? From what I can tell the slotted/drilled rotors are the same for both vehicles.

Those rotors are probably drilled for both patterns, if it's an aftermarket performance rotor. It's not super common, but does happen with some high performance brake kits.

Last edited by Koots : 12-26-2015 at 12:33 AM.
Koots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 05:32 PM   #63
Garfield
GX Member

Garfield is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koots View Post
Those rotors are probably drilled for both patterns, if it's an aftermarket performance rotor. It's not super common, but does happen with some high performance brake kits.

Yeah, I was looking at the POWER STOP AR8255XPR rotors. Though the specs/pictures don't show anything about multiple bolt patterns.

Type Vented
Diameter (mm)303.00
Diameter (in)11.92
Height (mm)51.80
Height (in)2.04
Nominal Thickness (mm)32.30
Nominal Thickness (in)1.27
Minimum Thickness(mm)30.80
Minimum Thickness (in)1.21
Hub Hole Diameter(mm)70.70
Hub Hole Diameter (in)2.78
Stud / Stud Hole Size0.64
Studs 5
Bolt Circle (mm)115.00
Bolt Circle (in)4.53
Attached Images
File Type: png Rotors.png (12.9 KB, 105 views)
Cherry: 2004 Alero GLS Sedan (Final 500 #362) ~63k
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 01:07 AM   #64
Garfield
GX Member

So I ended up ordering a "one-click" PowerStop brake kit, rotors/pads, for a 2002 Camaro and as far as I can tell the rotors will fit just fine. (I took a tire off and tested that they fit over the lug bolts and hub, so it should be good unless the hub gets larger past the existing rotor.) Though I won't know for sure until the end of next week when my mechanic gets around to install the parts. (And the other caliper has yet to arrive.)
Old 12-29-2015, 12:05 PM   #65
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 12-29-2015, 05:50 PM   #66
_HeC_
GX Member

_HeC_ is on a distinguished road
98-02 F-body rotors on my swap

lots of people say they don't fit but EXACT same part number...
Old 12-29-2015, 07:05 PM   #67
sleepyalero
GLS member

Hmm interesting
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-31-2015, 04:18 PM   #68
Koots
GX Member

Those look like some generous bolt holes, so my guess is it's drilled out to fit both. So I'm assuming they must both have the same hub diameter, if this does work out so well.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:09 PM   #69
Garfield
GX Member

So my Camaro brake upgrade, calipers/rotors/pads, got installed today with no problem. (Other than he mentioned that the left caliper was a pain to get positioned such that the anti-rattle clip/spring didn't rub, but the last person that worked on the brakes mentioned the same thing with stock Alero brakes.)

So it seems much easier to just order parts for a 99-02 Camaro and be done. (At least the aftermarket ones, maybe the actual GM rotors differ.)

Last edited by Garfield : 01-07-2016 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:05 PM   #70
sleepyalero
GLS member

Thats weird. Because I know camaros bolt pattern is 5x120. If they matched our bolt pattern. There would be way better wheels for the car..
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-07-2016, 06:20 PM   #71
Garfield
GX Member

I have to guess it is just of matter of how much slop you can have in the bolt holes for the rotors vs. the wheels. (But there is no more slop with these Camaro/Impala rotors than there were in the stock Alero rotors it had on.)
Old 01-07-2016, 08:56 PM   #72
sleepyalero
GLS member

Well.. So be it!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-08-2016, 05:57 PM   #73
_HeC_
GX Member

I found with my setup I needed to order a hardware kit for F-body and Corvette breaks to get the right combination of anti rattle clips but I'm assuming that's cause I'm running the C5 calipers with my setup
Old 01-09-2016, 08:25 AM   #74
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
^^ Hope you have at least 17 inch wheels then. You cannot run 16 inch wheels with the Corvette Calipers. The Camaro Calipers are very close

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:02 AM   #75
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
He had a set of stock rims on his ga and they clear!

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:09 PM   #76
_HeC_
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
^^ Hope you have at least 17 inch wheels then. You cannot run 16 inch wheels with the Corvette Calipers. The Camaro Calipers are very close

extremely close but they clear

I think these factory 16s are the ones that don't fit due to that plastic chrome cover thing
Old 01-09-2016, 12:54 PM   #77
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Okay.

The GP wheels have a different offset. It was rumored that you needed those 16" wheels to clear the Camaro calipers too.

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 02:21 AM   #78
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
The stock 16' GLS wheels fit and clear. I have 1995 Monte Carlo 16's on mine and those clear just fine as well. The only issue with clearance is those little raised heat dissipation fins on the top of the caliper, so if they rub or are just too close for comfort you can grind them down easily. I never had to, though.

Last edited by mrmike : 01-18-2016 at 02:30 AM.
mrmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 07:27 AM   #79
sleepyalero
GLS member

Mike long time no see!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-19-2016, 06:34 PM   #80
Koots
GX Member

I never paid attention to the wheels that came with my free car when I ordered brakes for it, they looked like boring aluminum 15's, but turned out to be 16's from a mid 90's Grand Prix and might have actually been able to clear the Camaro calipers and Impala rotors...

I'm sure the new stock stuff is better than worn out rusty brakes though. Once that stuff wears out, I'll replace them properly with all this info