Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 08-28-2010, 09:43 PM   #1
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Question MP racing PCM

http://www.mpracing.org/store/index....&productId=107

maybe someone can help me out here.

how would you find the SERV # to choose the correct number? if you go to the website it has you choose a serv #..

and on the instruction website is says something about learn procedure... i have to go to a dealership for that? or?.. need help on this!

http://www.mpracing.org/forum/index....g4505/lmsg4505

above is the instruction website and the top one is the actual site to buy the pcm
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:37 PM   #2
alerogls001
GL Member

alerogls001 is on a distinguished road
Drop the pcm down and the serv number is on the side. Theres only two screws holding it in. The relearn is easy just follow the steps. The ckp one you will have to take to dealership. I never did which causes the engine light to come on. I just switched out the pcm to do the inspection.

MP Racing CAI, Pacesetter Exhaust, and PCM. High flow CAT. KYB GR2 struts. Canuck Motorsport Springs. Cross drilled rotors. Stern ST18 17" rims.
alerogls001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:18 PM   #3
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
gotcha thanks for the help, did you ever test the speed limiter? if so how far did you go up on the speedometer
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:35 PM   #4
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
there is so need to remove the speed limiter unless you have major mods to reach that speed ON THE TRACK in a 1/4 mile......
Old 08-29-2010, 12:43 AM   #5
sleepyalero
GLS member

thanks
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-29-2010, 02:47 AM   #6
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
with my 3400 I could get right up on the speed limiter at TMP on the road course on the main straight, but it's REALLY long (almost 2300 ft). Good times though, track days are awesome. Even better when you get to go fast and turn.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:53 PM   #7
alerogls001
GL Member

Never tested the limiter. Mine is for sale by the way.

MP Racing CAI, Pacesetter Exhaust, and PCM. High flow CAT. KYB GR2 struts. Canuck Motorsport Springs. Cross drilled rotors. Stern ST18 17" rims.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:24 PM   #8
sleepyalero
GLS member

yeah i know i dont know if u have a different server # and if that would affect anything. also i have different plugs, wires, cat, exhaust, and cai and i think urs only is programmed for exhaust and intake right? idk if the little things i have done more would affect that pcm as well
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-29-2010, 10:56 PM   #9
alerogls001
GL Member

It shouldn't affect anything. I don't remember if it was before or after my cat was replaced. Ask around though. As far as the serv, I'm pretty sure it has to be the same.