Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 11-15-2006, 01:56 PM   #21
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
^ agreed, swap.

but in response to your defense on the spoiler.. you shouldnt be going that fast on normal roads, its very dangerous; and you wont reach that high of speeds in the 1/4 mile (most likely) So, cmon, in an everyday driver it is ridiculously pointless. give it up, bo. If you want a big spoiler, you could go with the razzi like mine, its big but doesnt look like ASS!!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 02:41 PM   #22
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
AnderbrA's estimate sounds good.

Actually, a friend of mine knows someone who had their GA's rear end destroyed, so they went out and bought a new Charger and said I could just have the GA for nothing. A swap would probably be the way to go if he follows through. Otherwise I'll get the parts cheap (with my 40% off connection) then get a place to do the labor.

Thanks guys.
[ion] C2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:57 PM   #23
AnderbrA
GLS member

AnderbrA is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to AnderbrA Send a message via Yahoo to AnderbrA
OR......you can come get my rebuilt motor for $1k.

www.anderbrainnovations.com

07 Cadillac STS V8
07 Mitsubishi Galant ES
00 Olds Alero - Parts
02 Lincoln LS V8 Sport - RIP
AnderbrA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:03 PM   #24
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
SD is a bit of a drive.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:25 PM   #25
AnderbrA
GLS member

Yeah, but its mostly flat.

07 Cadillac STS V8
07 Mitsubishi Galant ES
00 Olds Alero - Parts
Old 11-15-2006, 04:53 PM   #26
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
i bought a used 2.4 with 80 000kms(50k miles) and a 5spd trans for $425 running...i couldnt say no to that after throwin 2 rods
Old 11-15-2006, 06:46 PM   #27
AnderbrA
GLS member

I know exactly what youre sayin, ive spun rod bearings and thrown rods in 4 of these motors before building mine with forged internals.....havent had a problem since.

07 Cadillac STS V8
07 Mitsubishi Galant ES
00 Olds Alero - Parts
Old 11-16-2006, 01:49 AM   #28
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

MixtapeMessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MixtapeMessiah
why buy a new stock motor when u cant add f/i or the bottle when u have a perfectly good one rite now? kinda dumb if u ask me

a good 2 grand can get you ready for boost or the bottle what u perfer, now that I got my suspension work outta the way thats the new project, rebuilding my 2.4 and tranny
Old 11-16-2006, 09:45 AM   #29
[ion] C2
636 whp

Not sure what you mean; I need either an engine rebuild or a lower mileage swap before my parent will let me install the wet system. Insurance. High mileage on the internals is not a good pair with any form of boost.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:18 AM   #30
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
So why do u want nitrous?????

From reading your other responses obviously you drive like an idiot, cause if your going that fast and your not at a track its stupid. Maybe you think with that big ass wing you can go that fast, but dont risk your life and other peoples lives by driving fast. So you probably want the nitrous so u can go faster on public roads right?? STUPID in my opinion.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:05 PM   #31
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
ion what everyone is trying to say is for the cost of this rebuild with stock parts you could get stronger aftermarket ones for it for nearly the same price, so why not? It will last longer and take the abuse of n2o alot better.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 03:41 PM   #32
[ion] C2
636 whp

I'll probably end up putting in what AnderbrA had done.

@Billy: Private roads, track "road courses", etc. I plan on using it at the quarter mile, anyway. Maybe just hit it for a second on the street for fun, y'know.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:58 PM   #33
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
boo street racers. Anyone caught using Nos on public roads should be forced to drive geo metros governed to 20mph for the rest of their lives. If you're looking for speed, sell your Alero and buy some plane tickets, those things go like 500mph and have HUGE wings!!! Most importantly you probably won't kill any soccer moms in minivans. pwned.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:02 PM   #34
[ion] C2
636 whp

I don't street race, but hitting nitrous to boost acceleration every once in a while to the stated speed limit is, in fact, fun. Using it at the track is the best and safest time, of course.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:25 PM   #35
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
please lets not get into the street or the track debate, im sick of it, the site is to help him reach his goals not to preach to him on how to use it.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:14 PM   #36
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
im sure your going to be using the nos just to get to the speed limit, earlier you were just saying how you feel the difference of the spoiler at speeds of 90-100, id bet youd stop at 55 with nos though right?

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:14 PM   #37
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

MixtapeMessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MixtapeMessiah
dude do what u do Im tired of people talkin shit, were here to help you out. U wanna put a 300 shot on that ho for effs sakes go for it! Go forged tho and ur straight
Old 11-17-2006, 11:07 AM   #38
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
im sure your going to be using the nos just to get to the speed limit, earlier you were just saying how you feel the difference of the spoiler at speeds of 90-100, id bet youd stop at 55 with nos though right?

My point exactly! dont do stupid shit.

And mixtape, were helping him out by telling him its a bad idea idiot. Hes gonna be driving like a maniac if he gets nitrous. He already said he drives fast, now with the nitrous hes gonna try and go faster on highways. So think before u post up saying were not helping, were trying to help by telling him not to do that sh*t on public roads and potentially kill himself and other people.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:44 AM   #39
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
i am gettin tired of ppl preachin street racin too...yeah street racing's retarded, but give it up...its a forum...if he wants to street race he'll very well do so even if some random person that may be halfway across the country, tells him not too

if you're gonna do nitrous, build up the internals for sure....yes the 2.4 can handle some abuse, but everything gets weaker with time...123k miles, and mine threw 2 rods and seized the other 2 pistons in the cylinders...without boost or nitrous
Old 11-17-2006, 01:43 PM   #40
[ion] C2
636 whp

@Billy: Are you a complete and utter moron? Have you skipped every post except for ones that talk about how I'm going to all of a sudden go street racing at 120MPH? I don't speed (on the street), I don't street race, I don't drive like a maniac. I don't see anywhere where that has been said.

All I asked is a simple question of what parts would be the best to replace, and what installation costs were to have said parts installed, to prepare my engine for boost. What I do with that power is irrelevant (track use, as I said, but hitting it once in a while under the LEGAL speed limit is a side dish). I just wanted help to achieve the goals I lay out. And I have received that.

[/thread]