Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 09-10-2008, 07:29 PM   #21
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
^It was sold far too quickly.

And no, lol. I'm having 2.5" piping welded from the cat back to the Dynomax muffler. If it's too loud or raspy, I'll weld in a Magnaflow straight through muffler right after the cat.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:41 AM   #22
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
I have a Moroso Spiral-Flow on my 3400 and it took a TON of the rasp out of it.

2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5

Last edited by Cliff8928 : 09-12-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:55 AM   #23
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
And no, lol. I'm having 2.5" piping welded from the cat back to the Dynomax muffler. If it's too loud or raspy, I'll weld in a Magnaflow straight through muffler right after the cat.
I would plan on adding the Magnalfow, especially with the header. It'll probably be pretty loud.

As far as glasspacks/resonators, Cherrybombs pretty much blow. They have a louvered core (all the clam shells sticking up into the exhaust stream) and don't do a damn thing. What you want is a resonator that is straight through with a perforated core, like the Magnaflow, Vibrant, Dynomax, etc. The longer it is and the larger the body the quieter it'll be.

Louvered core = bad

Peforated core = good

Old 09-12-2008, 09:34 AM   #24
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Supposedly the Vibrant ultra-quiet resonator is not that ultra-quiet, and the only way to do so is by using an actual muffler, not resonator.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:43 AM   #25
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

rowdygls is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rowdygls Send a message via MSN to rowdygls Send a message via Yahoo to rowdygls
Well this was an interesting thread to read. I have to wonder what my car sounds like now. I had the cat replaced with a hi-flow magnaflow and 2.5" pipe extended to SLP catback system. Something tells me I'm going to be on the loud side now.

Chapter Member
rowdygls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:10 PM   #26
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
welcome to the loud club...lol
Old 09-12-2008, 09:57 PM   #27
NickAlero2000
GLS member

NickAlero2000 is on a distinguished road
lol yes!
its the head-turners club!
as long as u have the horses to back the noise, its all good!
NickAlero2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:06 PM   #28
[ion] C2
636 whp

no, it's not. i hate loud-exhaust cars. piss me off with all their revvin and thinking they're sweet resonating the whole neighborhood as they drive by.

i intend to make my exhaust ultra-silent. no rasp, none of this droning crap.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:40 AM   #29
[ion] C2
636 whp

I just ordered a Magnaflow muffler to put in after the cat and then piping will be welded up to the Dynomax. I'm not risking sounding loud.

Part #10426
Center/Center
2.5" Inlet/Outlet
4" Round
18" Body Length
24" Overall Length

Old 09-13-2008, 05:00 PM   #30
NickAlero2000
GLS member

NickAlero2000 is on a distinguished road
y do u hate exhaust noise so much dude?!?!?!
NickAlero2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 05:02 PM   #31
[ion] C2
636 whp

all i want to hear is the whine and engine side, sounds great at the moment

most exhausts on 4 cylinders are nasty, loud, raspy, or just annoying as hell, i don't like the deep drone most have. i like quiet.. silent.. but when pushed, you hear the supercharger/engine scream. no farting.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:04 PM   #32
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
its a cop alarm...but most importantly it mask you you supercharger whine...oh the humanity...i can only hear my whine with the window up..*sob*
Old 09-13-2008, 05:30 PM   #33
[ion] C2
636 whp

Ya, I like intake sound, not exhaust. Most people get exhausts just so they "sound cool" and want everyone to hear them as they go by. Or for revving for similar reasons. I don't rev.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:34 PM   #34
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
mine sounds like a v8 camaro, lol but when i step on the gas... the whining og the supercharger is absolutely amazing and overpass the exhaust roaring !!!!!!! but... yes loud cars are cop magnets....... I can tell you that, ho yes I can... they know me by my first name

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:49 PM   #35
mfuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdygls View Post
Well this was an interesting thread to read. I have to wonder what my car sounds like now. I had the cat replaced with a hi-flow magnaflow and 2.5" pipe extended to SLP catback system. Something tells me I'm going to be on the loud side now.
It'll be loud, especially without a resonator. I had a SLP muffler with a Magnaflow resonator and it was still to loud for me. The SLP got ditched for a Magnaflow and now it's tolerable.

As far as exhaust for the 4-bangers, I still like Scot's (and I'm not prejudiced just because he bought it off me....).
Old 09-14-2008, 11:12 PM   #36
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

AbHeLlRaZoR is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Ya, I like intake sound, not exhaust. Most people get exhausts just so they "sound cool" and want everyone to hear them as they go by. Or for revving for similar reasons. I don't rev.
I have to agree, most people around here with exhaust systems drive in a lower gear just so there engine is revved right up and its annoying as hell. I want the exhaust on my car to be quiet but noticeable just so I can be different.
AbHeLlRaZoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:29 PM   #37
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Quote:

I agree with you. Too many people get the exhaust just for the sound.

I make my exhaust with performance in mind first and foremost. It'll be as straight and unrestricted as possible to free up the most power, then I'll worry about the sound. I don't mind being able to hear the exhaust note of the car, I just hate really loud and raspy exhausts that sound like complete crap. I'll take a deep, smooth, quiet exhaust note any day.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:43 PM   #38
[ion] C2
636 whp

And where's the cheapest place to get dual exhaust tips, heh. I need two with dual outlets. Is it fine to get 2.25" inlets on the tips since I have two outlets from the muffler? There's some on eBay like that that are $52 shipped for the pair.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:03 AM   #39
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Cheapest? I have no idea. If you're muffler outlets are 2.25" then yes you'll need 2.25" inlet tips.

I ordered 2 polished stainless tips from Summit that are 3" inlet to 4" outlet and 12" long for $40 a piece. I'll just cut them down to the length I need to fit the bumper nicely on the Evo.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:04 AM   #40
[ion] C2
636 whp

the outlets are 2.5" but i was just wondering if it'd be a flow restriction if i reduced them to 2.25" with the tips, since it's dual though