Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 10-15-2008, 05:10 PM   #21
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
I've got a TON of dress up coming for when the new one goes in.. (tons of CF stuff, polished stuff)

But mechanically it's nearly done, waiting on the CRITICAL BOLT that's still in transit -_-, should've been here today, should be here tomorrow now. Once that's in the bottom end can be completed, then I'ma set up a time for them to install it. I'm dropping off my lifters tonight so at least they can get the head done and on.

Last edited by [ion] C2 : 10-15-2008 at 11:29 PM.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:13 AM   #22
sburke
GL Member

sburke is an unknown quantity at this point
False assumption on the engine mounts, the upper engine mount looked the same to me, so I presumed the lower would be as well. I could've sworn that people on here have bought the upper engine mounts before. Oh well, scratch those parts, i'll have to try to find them somewhere else. Thank god I didn't order them yet, that would've sucked.
06 Mazdaspeed 6 - Current Vehicle
sburke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:18 AM   #23
sburke
GL Member

I envy your bottom end build. I wish I had the money for that right now, but it's either that or the supercharger, and with less than 70k on the odometer it just really isn't necessary yet.

Did you do any lightening/knife edging etc on the crank?

Also have you ever heard of a "crank scraper", there is an article in DSPORT (on the news-stands now) that talks about the fact that those can add hp by allowing the crank to spin more freely and not atomize the oil. I'm sure you'd have to custom machine it, but it might be something you could look into before they button up the oil pan.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:52 AM   #24
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
For the engine mounts, check Aleromod Upgrades. Use the tranny mount, it works and it's like $45, lol. I'd rather not have a shaky car though.

Crank wasn't machined.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:46 AM   #25
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
wot-tech sells crank scrapers for the 3400.......for real oiling effeciency two words.........DRY SUMP..
Old 10-17-2008, 12:18 AM   #26
sburke
GL Member

you know if they've got anything for the 2.4?
Old 10-17-2008, 09:56 AM   #27
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
i doubt it since the site it is related to is 60degreev6, but you can look....
Old 10-17-2008, 02:03 PM   #28
sburke
GL Member

they don't
Old 10-18-2008, 04:27 PM   #29
sburke
GL Member

what kind of lifters did all of you get when (and if) you changed them out?
Old 10-18-2008, 05:31 PM   #30
[ion] C2
636 whp

uh, regular ones?
Old 10-18-2008, 06:14 PM   #31
sburke
GL Member

Do you have part numbers? That's what I'm going for or brand name, or did you just order stockers.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:13 PM   #32
[ion] C2
636 whp

i just got stock lifters, bought em off a guy on j-body for $125 lol, new they're usually $260ish
Old 10-18-2008, 09:13 PM   #33
sburke
GL Member

cool, thanks
Old 10-19-2008, 09:01 AM   #34
sburke
GL Member

I just got all Lunati parts. They are rated a little higher than stock which is a good thing. It was an entire kit that includes lifters, dual coil springs, retainers and locks. You can purchase them from your local Checkers automotive P/N: 65517LUN will get you the entire kit.

I'm still waiting on a reply from Karo on my ARP studs.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:54 PM   #35
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
I bet mine is better than yours ion

Even lighter bottom end for quicker revving!

Old 10-19-2008, 10:02 PM   #36
[ion] C2
636 whp

hehe.. i just got my bigger injectors in (PITA, injector constant is correct but they don't like to idle around 550-600, it'll hunt and die, so i upped it to 750, runs great) and hit 8.2 PSI in first gear spinning to 6400 RPM. now that i don't lean out at WOT, this thing RIPS.

my meth kit is going on this week, along with the header (hopefully) and some tuning, and my built engine in within a week or two as well...

should be nice.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:17 PM   #37
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
last page mentioned port/polish... where does one go to get something like that? something tells me standard mech shops don't do it....
Old 10-19-2008, 10:43 PM   #38
[ion] C2
636 whp

Performance shops.

- Auto Addictions
- Speed Industry
- Liverois Motorsports
- Street Legal Customs
- Motiv Race

to name a few local to me who would do that, lol
Old 10-20-2008, 01:11 AM   #39
sburke
GL Member

I know there are two or three close to me. If you live in a really small city like I do, start calling shops in the largest city nearest to you and you'll find at least a couple who do it.

I'm jealous of ion and dohc I've got to wait to build the lower end of my engine until next year. Or at earliest, this tax return.