Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 11-18-2008, 11:06 PM   #21
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
haha. well. maybe. lets jsut meet first. and yes, i know, thats my faukt that we haven't met yet. i have a very hecktic life and i just never seem to have free time.

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:09 PM   #22
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
when cliff comes up here in a couple weeks we should get all the alero noobs in MI together for a mini meet
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:23 PM   #23
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
thats real cute

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:02 AM   #24
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2
Dyno time would be great, I'd love to see what whp I make. As for dyno drag racing, it isn't something I'm really interested in. I need the real track, really want to get a video of my burnout and whining down the quarter. Many people awaiting this moment on the forums, and of course, me. I'm pumped, or I was.
Screw that, don't worry about anyone on forums waiting for your engine to be done. I know you're excited and want it done ASAP, but let the guy take his time to build it the right way, then take your dyno time and get the engine running perfectly and go put some miles on it. It would suck to drop all that money into a properly built engine, just to have something fail because you were in a hurry to make the last track day of the season.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:07 AM   #25
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
That was just a further leverage point I tried to make, I don't care that other people anticipate this. I want it done. Engine was dropped off mid to late September in order to have plenty of time to get to many track days. There's no reason they can't properly finish the assembly and install it within a week.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:23 AM   #26
FrankTheTank
GLS member

FrankTheTank is an unknown quantity at this point
i know it sucks to wait, but bothering them isnt gonna make it better.

i dropped my rear end off to be narrowed in august, and i just got it back about 3 weeks ago. waiting sucked, but i didnt need it right away and he did a good job at a damn good price so i couldnt complain too much.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:30 PM   #27
[ion] C2
636 whp

Just got back from tuning. Did the High RPM VE tables which required some WOT and near WOT runs. SHIT! This thing pulls hard as hell now.

It now hangs between 11.3 - 11.8 AFR under power enrichment near WOT. I boost a solid 9.2 PSI as well.

Damn! This thing is a rush to drive now. Been a long time since I just layed into it... I tuned the low RPM VE and the idle VE the other day. The actual AFR stays very close to the commanded AFR now.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:26 PM   #28
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
3.5 mpg haha. Mannnnn if this thing pulls hard with the old motor just think of how hard its gonna pull with the new motor
Old 11-19-2008, 03:42 PM   #29
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
you fail at reading

yeah yeah yeah...i missed that last whole section. I guess boredom got ahold of me after the first 2 paragraphs of you whining.

and rofl @ 3.5mpg.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:49 PM   #30
[ion] C2
636 whp

Jeez, owned.

Ya I get 3.5 MPG at wide open throttle lol, I can get up to like 44MPG if I cruised at 55 MPH though. Normally I get 30 city.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:07 PM   #31
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
If i dont get my injectors in soon im gonna pop a vein...lol...must have rush
Old 11-20-2008, 11:12 AM   #32
[ion] C2
636 whp

It seems that now we are down to serious business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan
No problem, I retract the dyno offer.

Now I need some info on the cams, which is intake, which is exhaust. I don't have any documentation for the cams you brought in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2
The one with the hex drive for the power steering pump is the intake camshaft. I'll look up more information on determining that but I know that much off-hand.

Thanks Jan.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:57 AM   #33
[ion] C2
636 whp

Hm, that's not good. He reverted his site back to the original one (not the one I made that we agreed for free installation on) last night, the time he sent me the latest PM above.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:44 PM   #34
NickAlero2000
GLS member

NickAlero2000 is on a distinguished road
uh oh, thats bad news....
i think you may have upset him, as he offered you something when he is stretched for time and you turned him down.
I know you need the real track, but everyone can wait, i think you need to just take what you can get here and call it a day.
PM him back and apoligize and conceed that you will take his option he provided you with, i think thats the best way to go...
it will preserve future business with him too, he will more speedily do any projects for you in the future...
this may hurt your ability to use him as an automotive expert....just saying
NickAlero2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:46 PM   #35
[ion] C2
636 whp

Understand this engine's been with him since mid-September. 2 guys pulled, built, and reinstalled their LD9 in a weekend.

I'm going down there in person after work to see what's up. If he's like spazzin out busy and stuff I'll just tell him don't worry about it and race in the spring. Free installation is IMPORTANT. I spent 12 hours making their website for him. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to pull down my work and put up his old version of the site and nix the free install because I feel like my engine should be done within 2 months of dropping it off...
Old 11-20-2008, 02:29 PM   #36
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
hmmm.....yea go stop by and talk to him. This sounds a littly iffy...
Old 11-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #37
[ion] C2
636 whp

He was super excited about the website I made him, and guaranteed it would be worth my while.

It doesn't seem like he'd do something like this.. unless somehow his site got killed and had to use a backup. But some of my stuff still exists (the stuff that didn't have the same filename as the old files are still there).

It's 90% likely it's going to snow next weekend where the track is so I might as well have taken his offer. Should've. I'm just really eager to get to the track.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:22 PM   #38
GA_turbo
GX Member

GA_turbo is on a distinguished road
No offence but for the ways things are going, it seems like you are going to have nothing but future problems with them ahead of you.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:58 PM   #39
[ion] C2
636 whp

It's all good. I went down there and talked to him. They're focusing on my engine, said it still will be done by this weekend, granted we don't need any odd bolts. I told 'em no rush, it's gonna snow anyway next weekend. Still insists it'll be done and installed ASAP.

The site went back to the old one because he wanted to update something and didn't do it right so had to upload the old version. I told him I'd update anything he needs, I'ma show him how to as well next time I'm there.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:12 PM   #40
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
thats what happens dude didnt you know, someone qoutes you a time, and of course it wont be done at that time, its pretty obvious kinda like the osv kit being qouted in august, and we wont get it till next year most likely