Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 12-27-2008, 11:55 AM   #21
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
i think you have the names wrong between pictures. the ring doesn't want to budge on the 52mm(and sticks out), and is seated nicely on the 62mm....

as with the tps removed. the orange ring one, looks newer hence.. 62mm.

maybe i'm wrong.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:59 AM   #22
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Nope the 62mm one is the one with the weird immoveable ring. They're labelled right. The 62mm one has the RTV all over it from when we tried to make it seal better, and the 52mm one has the nasty looking interior.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:02 PM   #23
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
hmm. wierd. your 52mm looks cleaner then the 62. (tps area, not inside)
Old 12-27-2008, 12:05 PM   #24
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
that ring is a shaft locking ring, it is designed to keep the shaft from moving if the butterfly is removed, that ring could be causing the tps to have a bad contact area when rotated, we run into the problem commonly in older diesel trucks, the shaft on the pedal wears out causing the tps to wear down one section of the potentiometer more than the rest causing the truck to stumble in that throttle position area.
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:09 PM   #25
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
ZOMG

must be my problem

what can i do, i like my 62mm, can i use the same bushing and thing from my 52mm and transfer it over? i don't know how all that stuff is attached
Old 12-27-2008, 12:15 PM   #26
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

does the throttle shaft have excessive play on the 62mm? check the plate bore to see if there is a scarred are where the butter fly has been contacting it, i have modified t/b and pulled the butterflies for cutting shafts and mounting screws for flow, if the shaft and butterfly are set back properly it causes headackes.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:17 PM   #27
[ion] C2
636 whp

i heard it scrape sometimes when i was opening it while it was off the car during the pictures
Old 12-27-2008, 12:22 PM   #28
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

i woud venture to bet it has been disassembled 1 or more times, and has been misaligned. hold the 62mm up to light and look to see if you can see a bigger gap in one area between the butterfly and bore.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:24 PM   #29
[ion] C2
636 whp

the plate has some nicks in it, always knew that... but i just reinstalled it though lol
Old 12-27-2008, 12:29 PM   #30
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

you can try carefully tapping the lockring back into place to be sure the shaft doesnt wobble horizontily and it might help?
Old 12-27-2008, 12:59 PM   #31
[ion] C2
636 whp

FIXED
Maybe only temporarily until the throttle plate wears down the TPS again but what the hell.

Using the 52mm's TPS on my RSM 62mm, now my car is extremely responsive. The TPS graph is a lot higher per pedal position now. All graphs are nice and smooth. My theory of what happened is that the TPS was reading too low. The throttle plate was open farther than the PCM thought, so there was a lot more air coming in. It tried to compensate, but failed at times, where the lean spikes occurred.

So now that the TPS is reading accurately again, it seems to have a lot more low end power and wants to enter PE a lot more (since the TPS reads higher, accurate again).

Oil change is happening tomorrow (nearing 500 miles) and then I'm off to tuning the low and high RPM tables and seeing what PSI I can make now.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:32 PM   #32
cherrington17
Gone

so after all the fuss... all you needed was a new TPS (possibly new TB) ??
Old 12-27-2008, 05:49 PM   #33
[ion] C2
636 whp

yeah lol

much like the other thread on JBO i had about my vacuum leak after the header install which ended up being loose intake manifold bolts.

some guy posts: "lol all that work and frustration"
Old 12-27-2008, 09:17 PM   #34
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
die gremlin die
Old 12-28-2008, 03:58 PM   #35
[ion] C2
636 whp

Yessir did a ton of testing today lots of driving and the issue was the TPS. Car runs beautifully. Needs a tune bad since everything was based off the old engine and crappy problems though.

Will be out tuning it later, but so far it's at 9.1 PSI. Feels a lot more powerful though.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:49 PM   #36
NickAlero2000
GLS member

NickAlero2000 is on a distinguished road
nice!
break 10 PSI!
NickAlero2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:52 AM   #37
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
haha, thats what you get when you think too hard Its always a simple fix but people think too much into it. I've done that a few times too Glad to hear its running good.....
Old 12-30-2008, 01:06 PM   #38
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats! That has to be a great feeling.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote