nixon
GX Member

nixon is on a distinguished road
yoo dude those performance chips add like 25hp ..... totally worth the money
nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:12 AM   #22
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
i agree with grim on this one, oldsmans car rides like its on train tracks, its not to stiff not to bone jarring, i like the way his rides, my car was on a set of custom made coil overs, and let me tell ya the worst, ride the worst set up, had nothing b ut problems, every time i would hit a bumpe it felt like my engine and tranny was going to fall right out

i dont know how the other guys cars ride with coil overs but me personally i would do air ride, for the price of the coil over, spend a few more bucks and get the best of both worlds, adjustability, great ride, looks great when you pull up somewhere,<<cool factor>>

air ride tech was the first company to have there cars on air in a road corse track, i dont remember what they placed, but when finished layed out the car, and did it again, yes it costs allot of money, but in my eyes its worth every penny

the easystreet struts are 3 way adjustable, yes they make noise, but the ride is awesome, rides like a lowering spring, the handling is amazing from them, and of course at a touch of a switch pppssshhhhh lay it out

your suspension is one of the most important components in a car, next to the brakes, with out those you have a accident waiting to happen, the total cost for my air ride was close to 2,000, thats fittings, compressor system, and struts, no labor

or just get a lowering spring, like sprint, eibach, springtech, intrax, to name a few and see if you like the ride
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:57 PM   #23
dhurst765
GX Member

dhurst765 is on a distinguished road
i want airride but how hard is it to install. i am looking to do it myself also would a air tank fit in the trunk with a sub box
dhurst765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:36 PM   #24
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
i see your in indiana my g/f lives in nw indiana and your like 2 hours from us, if you dont want to do it i can do it for you, here at her house it would take me 1 day to install everything, but i only use air ride tech compressor systems
it does take mechanical experience wiring experience, and you would need air ride experience for the install, here is a pic of my install

the install with a system
Old 04-02-2009, 08:17 PM   #25
nixon
GX Member

thats a nice setup, I have to think things through...I was going to just go with lowering springs but with the way the entrance is to our apartment building even going on an angle would have even the stock body hit the ground if it were lowered...at this point I cant afford air ride systems, i just got pulled over for "loud music" the other day and got a 500 dollar fine...stupid stereo
Old 04-02-2009, 11:47 PM   #26
bdyman
GLS member

why stupid stereo?? stupid you for playing to loud
Old 04-03-2009, 12:42 AM   #27
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
haha say it how it is

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:45 PM   #28
nixon
GX Member

then why do they make retardedly loud sound equipment if you cant crank it up once and awhile? besides it wasnt that loud...i just heard a ringing in my ear for a couple minutes..
Old 04-05-2009, 05:57 PM   #29
dhurst765
GX Member

i turn mine down when i see a cop
Old 04-05-2009, 06:01 PM   #30
dhurst765
GX Member

is that a custom platform that ur compressor and tank is mounted to. does air ride tech make complete systems for the alero
Old 04-05-2009, 06:03 PM   #31
nixon
GX Member

yea i tried to turn it down but apparently he heard it a block away...anyways figured out what im going to do since 2 of my struts are in horrid condition im just going to replace all 4 and just use lowering springs..just not sure how much to lower...i plan on getting 18'' rims with low pro's at the end of april....so maybe 2 inch drop? it cant be extremely low just do to the way our parking lot is laid out
Old 04-05-2009, 06:15 PM   #32
dhurst765
GX Member

i hit the end of my drive way at stock ride height
Old 04-05-2009, 06:59 PM   #33
bdyman
GLS member

no i made the platform my self, so did u get the stuff or what???
Old 04-05-2009, 07:42 PM   #34
dhurst765
GX Member

i need to start my job first then save up i was probable get the airbagit kit
Old 04-22-2009, 05:45 PM   #35
AtomicX
GL Member

AtomicX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AtomicX
So what would be so bad about the $100 coilovers?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-03...QQcmdZViewItem

Would it just ride like shit ? Would its till drop it to the ground?
Old 04-22-2009, 08:43 PM   #36
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
just say no.....
Old 04-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #37
bdyman
GLS member

right just say no, i was on a custom set of coil overs and i will tell you it was the worst ride i have ever driven, the spring rate was way to high, i had to modify the mount plates and the bearing plates which right there made so much noise i wanted to rip my eye balls out

does any one know if mantapart still makes the coil overs?? if not then stick to a lowering spring or air ride
Old 04-22-2009, 11:38 PM   #38
AtomicX
GL Member

AtomicX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AtomicX
Which gives a lower drop, dropzones or sprint?
Old 04-23-2009, 08:28 AM   #39
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
they do still make coilovers but the last few people to orer from them have been waiting 4+ months, so they arent reliable at all, but i guess you have to wait if you want custom parts fabbed up.

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:46 PM   #40
nixon
GX Member

i think sprint gives a lower drop once settled