Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 04-26-2009, 03:55 PM   #41
racin4JC
GL Member

racin4JC is an unknown quantity at this point
As of right now I'm currently riding on air, but I've tried just about everything on the alero; ebay coilovers, cut springs, and custom springs. The coilovers I purchased were for a cavalier the only modification I had to do to them was I cut about 1in. or 1.5in. off of the aluminum adjustment sleeve because if I hit a really big bump it would bottom the spring out and the top strut/bearing plate would come down and hit that sleeve. But they actually rode really nice, the only problem I ever had was that the front spring rates should have been a little higher so that they wouldn't bottom out on the large bumps. But for $100 I got 3 inches of drop a smooth ride and good handling (I just needed to swerve the big bumps/potholes). So I can't say I had a bad or life threatening experience with them! BTW I drove it with the coilovers on for two years no problems and only got stuck in the ND snow once.
Ultimately the best ride (besides stock) were probably the cut springs, I just cut a coil and a half off the stock springs and it lowered it probably like 2.5in. but still rode amazing!
racin4JC is offline   Reply With Quote