Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 07-06-2009, 03:14 AM   #21
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
It'd be cheaper to find a matching door and just replace the door... check your salvage yards.. if there's a matching one, who knows, might be less cost than the deductible to just change it yourself.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:22 AM   #22
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_EICK View Post
what section should it be in? it is a 2.4. and I wouldn't really call it showcase worthy.

It is NOT 2.4L related. It is BODY related, APPEARANCE related, OFFTOPIC in the 2.4L section.
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:28 AM   #23
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch1 View Post
It'd be cheaper to find a matching door and just replace the door... check your salvage yards.. if there's a matching one, who knows, might be less cost than the deductible to just change it yourself.

the door would cost around 200bucks, plus then fix dents fix rust all the ra&i work on the rear door and the fender, would be the same price
so to bad your not closer i would fix it for ya
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:58 PM   #24
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Didn't notice the fender had damage too, my bad lol.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:22 PM   #25
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
I'll buff right out!
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:30 PM   #26
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
I can't see it costing a grand with no parts involved...and only paint!
Old 07-06-2009, 03:17 PM   #27
C_EICK

Just got estimates from 4 local shops, its looking like it its gonna be about $1600 to repair it.

waiting to hear from Her insurance, should hear back sometime today.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:42 PM   #28
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
I can't see it costing a grand with no parts involved...and only paint!

talk about a post skimmer

and why wouldnt it cost over 1,000??? do you think we the techs and the shop is in buisness for free?? we go to work to fix cars for free???

LABOR HOURS!!!!!!

REPAIR TIMES!!!!

R&I WORK!!!

PAINT LABOR!!!!!

WTF DIDNT YOU GET???
Old 07-06-2009, 09:12 PM   #29
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
talk about a post skimmer

and why wouldnt it cost over 1,000??? do you think we the techs and the shop is in buisness for free?? we go to work to fix cars for free???

LABOR HOURS!!!!!!

REPAIR TIMES!!!!

R&I WORK!!!

PAINT LABOR!!!!!

WTF DIDNT YOU GET???
Wow you need to get the thumb in your ass out. I think all body shops are a rip off personally.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #30
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
oh no its starting again
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #31
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heineck View Post
oh no its starting again
Whats starting again?
Old 07-06-2009, 09:51 PM   #32
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
there was this long bash-fest last time someone questioned bdyman,
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:01 PM   #33
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Oh I don't care about that. I'm entitled to my opinion and I will never believe that it takes that amount of money to fix that bit of damage. I thought a grand was bad but 1600 is just plain crazy...how is that justified....I had the whole left side of my grand am smashed in with a broke windshield that insurance covered and the total was only 3 grand and it took those idiots a month to fix it. Let the bashers come, I can bash with the best of them!
Old 07-06-2009, 11:59 PM   #34
bdyman
GLS member

iam sorry are you calling us idiots?? am i seeing this correctly?? wtf is wrong with you how could you say ALL body shops are rip off`s how is THAT a true statement??

parts cost money, material isnt cheap either ya nipplehead, a glallon of clear is like 160 bucks, now take that and mutiply it by 5-6 gallons, plus all the other material for oh i dunno 6-7 techs, that need material to fix cars

plus labor rates, the labor rates is what makes the money along with the cost of parts, the shop makes money, we the idiots as you call us make money, the car gets fixed and every one is happy

and your grand am that took a month could ya think THAT MAYBE YOUR INSURACNE COMPANY SUCKS!! and your insurance company wants to use junk yard parts, and cant find parts and or doesnt want to use oem parts but wants to use junk yard parts , more damage then we the idiots have to wait for the adjustor to come out, which takes a few days to sometimes 3 weeks!! to approve the extra damage, and have you ever fixed a car, put on a 1/4 panle, spliced in a b-pillar, welded in 100%heat, slung bondo, i could go on but i guess iam a idiot

a shop is a money making machine, we dont work for free dumbass, we work on commission, of a 60/40 split, 40%of labor rates, the shop gets the rest, which in turn the owner pays his bills with his money he made too, so when the shop is making money everyone is happy

so apprently you must be a pencil pushing prick and or desk jockey that knows nothing about the automotive field and what it consists of, you are completely clueless about what us idiots do for a living so please let the professional do his job and give the correct advice

and just STFU!!!

Last edited by bdyman : 07-07-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:03 AM   #35
RisenequinoX
GL Member

RisenequinoX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RisenequinoX Send a message via MSN to RisenequinoX
Quote:
parts cost money, material isnt cheap either ya nipplehead,

hahahah i lol'ed!!!!

100,000 Mi 3/29/2011
RisenequinoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:32 AM   #36
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
iam sorry are you calling us idiots?? am i seeing this correctly?? wtf is wrong with you how could you say ALL body shops are rip off`s how is THAT a true statement??

parts cost money, material isnt cheap either ya nipplehead, a glallon of clear is like 160 bucks, now take that and mutiply it by 5-6 gallons, plus all the other material for oh i dunno 6-7 techs, that need material to fix cars

plus labor rates, the labor rates is what makes the money along with the cost of parts, the shop makes money, we the idiots as you call us make money, the car gets fixed and every one is happy

and your grand am that took a month could ya think THAT MAYBE YOUR INSURACNE COMPANY SUCKS!! and your insurance company wants to use junk yard parts, and cant find parts and or doesnt want to use oem parts but wants to use junk yard parts , more damage then we the idiots have to wait for the adjustor to come out, which takes a few days to sometimes 3 weeks!! to approve the extra damage, and have you ever fixed a car, put on a 1/4 panle, spliced in a b-pillar, welded in 100%heat, slung bondo, i could go on but i guess iam a idiot

a shop is a money making machine, we dont work for free dumbass, we work on commission, of a 60/40 split, 40%of labor rates, the shop gets the rest, which in turn the owner pays his bills with his money he made too, so when the shop is making money everyone is happy

so apprently you must be a pencil pushing prick and or desk jockey that knows nothing about the automotive field and what it consists of, you are completely clueless about what us idiots do for a living so please let the professional do his job and give the correct advice

and just STFU!!!
Wow you are a douche bag aren't you? My opinion is just that... my opinion...If you want to call yourself stupid I would be inclined to agree. Are you an idiot...Yeah you are for trying to be a thug on the internet. I never called anyone and idiot, stupid....etc. You really should grow up! All the name calling for what to show how big of a jack ass you really are. If I think that all body shops...you included are rip offs then I can say that and post it where I like plain and simple, and there is nothing you can do about it. Just because your life sucks and you feel the need to take it out on anyone that doesn't see things your way, doesn't give you the right to tell me I'm wrong. You can kiss my ass, and while you are choking on my ass cheek you can STFU. You can dish it but you can't take it. I'm not scared of you, your family, your friends, or your second cousin, and let me make this undeniably clear. I don't know if you talk big and bad in person, really it is irrelevant but you don't know me or any of the other people on this site that you ramble at the mouth at. You should really think about what you say to people because one day that verbal diarrhea that you spew from you mouth is going to get you into trouble, if it hasn't already. Everyone else can kiss your ass if they want I don't need your help...don't want your help. As I recall you were the one on here begging for work...so I guess pencil pushing has been working pretty good for me.

I just can't believe that it isn't faster or cheaper to just slap a door skin on there...paint it, and pull the dent out of the quarter panel. That is if there isn't any more damage underneath.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:35 AM   #37
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisenequinoX View Post
hahahah i lol'ed!!!!
Whats so funny?.....That a grown man behaves like a child every time some one has an opinion on this site about the cost or time or how to do something regarding body work. Then yeah I find that funny too.....
Old 07-08-2009, 09:48 PM   #38
bdyman
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
Wow you are a douche bag aren't you? My opinion is just that... my opinion...If you want to call yourself stupid I would be inclined to agree. Are you an idiot...Yeah you are for trying to be a thug on the internet. I never called anyone and idiot, stupid....etc. You really should grow up! All the name calling for what to show how big of a jack ass you really are. If I think that all body shops...you included are rip offs then I can say that and post it where I like plain and simple, and there is nothing you can do about it. Just because your life sucks and you feel the need to take it out on anyone that doesn't see things your way, doesn't give you the right to tell me I'm wrong. You can kiss my ass, and while you are choking on my ass cheek you can STFU. You can dish it but you can't take it. I'm not scared of you, your family, your friends, or your second cousin, and let me make this undeniably clear. I don't know if you talk big and bad in person, really it is irrelevant but you don't know me or any of the other people on this site that you ramble at the mouth at. You should really think about what you say to people because one day that verbal diarrhea that you spew from you mouth is going to get you into trouble, if it hasn't already. Everyone else can kiss your ass if they want I don't need your help...don't want your help. As I recall you were the one on here begging for work...so I guess pencil pushing has been working pretty good for me.

I just can't believe that it isn't faster or cheaper to just slap a door skin on there...paint it, and pull the dent out of the quarter panel. That is if there isn't any more damage underneath.

^^^^that right there tells me your a effin dumbass, did you just see what you typed?? "slap on a door skin and then pull the dent in the 1/4" ??? are you blind?? do you not see the damage is to the door and FENDER!!! have you ever "slapped" on a door skin?? iam going to say no, so no i will not STFU i will post correct info, you obviously are a complete dumb ass to the automotive field, FYI, there is no need for a new skin that door is fixable all day long, insurance will fix it bottom line

ummmm who is the "e-thug" now?? your threating me?? iam not scraed of you either or your inbred family or who ever else i talk to, your clueless about what i do for a living so you must have felt the need to shot me down becasue of your lack of expeirence in anything automotive related

iam the same way in person, i dont care, i say what is on my mind say the truth say wut ever comes out of my mouth, no one kiss`s my ass, its called RESPECT!!!! and you must be jealous of people showing respect to someone else so i really dont know what to tell ya
Old 07-08-2009, 10:41 PM   #39
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
What you see from bdyman on the internet is what you get in real life guys. There is no BS with Chris.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:33 PM   #40
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
^^^^that right there tells me your a effin dumbass, did you just see what you typed?? "slap on a door skin and then pull the dent in the 1/4" ??? are you blind?? do you not see the damage is to the door and FENDER!!! have you ever "slapped" on a door skin?? iam going to say no, so no i will not STFU i will post correct info, you obviously are a complete dumb ass to the automotive field, FYI, there is no need for a new skin that door is fixable all day long, insurance will fix it bottom line

ummmm who is the "e-thug" now?? your threating me?? iam not scraed of you either or your inbred family or who ever else i talk to, your clueless about what i do for a living so you must have felt the need to shot me down becasue of your lack of expeirence in anything automotive related

iam the same way in person, i dont care, i say what is on my mind say the truth say wut ever comes out of my mouth, no one kiss`s my ass, its called RESPECT!!!! and you must be jealous of people showing respect to someone else so i really dont know what to tell ya
i cringe when you fight with someone....