Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 07-30-2011, 09:45 PM   #1
irondiezl3
GLS member

irondiezl3 is on a distinguished road
new calipers wierd problem?

put some new calipers on today everything went great until the very end one side after bleeding just fine all the sudden wouldnt bleed at all. meaning it stopped pumping fluid whatsoever out. we checked everything over and over fluid was full pedal was fine no leaks anywhere just all the sudden nothing would come out. if i pulled the bleeder screw completely out then the fluid would come out. once i put the bleeder screw in even lose it wouldnt bleed. i checked with a bright loght there are no clogs anywhere. i tried a new bleeder screw same issue. i apologize for the spelling and grammer im just so frustrated does anyone have any idea what could be going on??

Last edited by irondiezl3 : 07-30-2011 at 09:57 PM.
irondiezl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
why did you replace your calipers? is it possible you have a brake hose problem?
Old 07-30-2011, 10:03 PM   #3
irondiezl3
GLS member

new ss lines installed 8 months ago they seem to be flowing fine
Old 07-31-2011, 07:22 AM   #4
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
bleeder screws (IIRC) have holes in them so the fluid flows through them. if they are tightened at the wrong torque, then the holes from the line through the screw and to the caliper won't line up and there will be no flow.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:18 AM   #5
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Im thinking along the same lines as AMR there. Did you check the bleeder to make sure it is not blocked?
Old 07-31-2011, 09:29 AM   #6
Philbar71
GL Member

Philbar71 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoMonkeyRat View Post
bleeder screws (IIRC) have holes in them so the fluid flows through them. if they are tightened at the wrong torque, then the holes from the line through the screw and to the caliper won't line up and there will be no flow.

Dont you mean the banjo bolts. The bolt that holds the line to the caliper.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:31 AM   #7
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
Did you check the bleeder to make sure it is not blocked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondiezl3 View Post
if i pulled the bleeder screw completely out then the fluid would come out. once i put the bleeder screw in even lose it wouldnt bleed. i checked with a bright loght there are no clogs anywhere. i tried a new bleeder screw same issue.

its all right there
Old 07-31-2011, 02:26 PM   #8
irondiezl3
GLS member

so if you have the bleeder very very lose to lose it bleeds but once you get it any bit snug and when i say snug i mean not tight at all spins with finer still nothing dry again its really wierd there are no clogs in brake line or bleeder screw i dont see how the caliper would affect it looked clean to. we are both stumped :/
Old 07-31-2011, 05:38 PM   #9
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Thats right too, he did say that he tried a new bleeder, that's got me then. Doesnt make sence that it will bleed without a bleeder and locks up with even a new one in there.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:05 PM   #10
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

idk anything about the ss lines. hers what i would try now that i have thought about it. have someone pump the brakes like you would if you were goign to bleed them. once they are holding pressure crack the brake hose at the caliper. have pressure? good. your issue is with the fitting at the caliper or the caliper its self. what no pressure? try cracking the line at the steel fitting on the body. have pressure there? then its probably the ss hose. my .02
Old 08-01-2011, 12:25 AM   #11
irondiezl3
GLS member

yea its got pressure all the way to the caliper once you tighten the line to the caliper to tight it wont bleed or once you tighten the bleerder even halfway it wont bleed so its gotta be something from the connection at the caliper or the bleeder. what about this? wierd but anything is possible at this point what if the washers are shot on this line and since they are so bad im actually overtightening the line so much to make up for the washers being bad that its cutting off the supply any chance that could be?
Old 08-01-2011, 12:33 AM   #12
Philbar71
GL Member

Philbar71 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irondiezl3 View Post
yea its got pressure all the way to the caliper once you tighten the line to the caliper to tight it wont bleed or once you tighten the bleerder even halfway it wont bleed so its gotta be something from the connection at the caliper or the bleeder. what about this? wierd but anything is possible at this point what if the washers are shot on this line and since they are so bad im actually overtightening the line so much to make up for the washers being bad that its cutting off the supply any chance that could be?

Yes. you are supposed to set the banjo bolt at a specific torque setting. and those copper gaskets are one time use only.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:48 AM   #13
irondiezl3
GLS member

gotta be the gasket then i reused the gaskets