Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 08-19-2008, 05:17 PM   #1
C_EICK

Washer fluid resevoir not holding fluid

What could cause this, and how do i get to it to figure out what is wrong?

It seems to leak pretty quickly, help...
Old 08-19-2008, 05:23 PM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Is the bottle cracked?

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:25 PM   #3
C_EICK

Not from what I can see. Whats the best way to get to it?

100th Post!
Old 08-19-2008, 05:26 PM   #4
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
the reservoir is right in front of the driver-side tire.. you have to pull the fender down to see it and access it.. my sensor is plugged in upside down in it.. so when its full- I get the low washer fluid light.. and when I run out.. the light shuts off lol..

need to turn it around

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:27 PM   #5
C_EICK

the fender well liner, or the fender?
Old 08-19-2008, 05:28 PM   #6
Midgear
on vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_EICK View Post
the fender well liner, or the fender?

liner.. lol

Old 08-19-2008, 05:38 PM   #7
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
The plastic case of the motor cracked on mine so the o ring inside of it wasn't sealing it. I pulled the motor out of the resevoir, put some RTV silicone on the o ring, put the motor back together and put a zip tie around it so the o ring would seal. No more leaks.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:44 PM   #8
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
Mine just had this problem, BUT IT WASN'T THE RESERVOIR LEAKING.

Open your hood, look for the plastic lines that go up to your windshield. Follow the lines down the hood until it gets down around the battery. Inspect them very closely in this area.

Mine were almost completely corroded away near the battery. When I went to fill the reservoir while looking at the plastic lines, I could see the water siphoning itself out as I was filling it. I cut out the bad section of plastic line, replaced it with rubber vacuum hose line, GTG.
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:31 PM   #9
leoalero
GX Member

leoalero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to leoalero
Could be the sensor at the bottom of the tank mine did it you have to remove the driver side splash shield and its on your face!!just fix but could also be a crack somewhere!!good luck!!
leoalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:55 PM   #10
C_EICK

It turns out it wis the motor case that is cracked I work for the next 4 days, so there is nothing i can do till sunday. What are my options at this point?
Old 08-19-2008, 06:57 PM   #11
surreal_awakening
GL Member

surreal_awakening is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to surreal_awakening
Junk yard, ebay, or go without washer fluid?
surreal_awakening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:07 PM   #12
C_EICK

Quote:
Originally Posted by surreal_awakening View Post
Junk yard, ebay, or go without washer fluid?

Thats funny, ive been without washer fluid about two months now, and i'm tired of stopping at gas stations everytime my window gets dirty when im driving. I finally got tired of it today.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:12 PM   #13
Midgear
on vacation

Quote:
It turns out it wis the motor case that is cracked I work for the next 4 days, so there is nothing i can do till sunday. What are my options at this point?

carry a gallon of water with you.. and if your window gets dirty, pull over and splash some water on the windshield and hit the wipers.. or carry a thermos? thermus? thurmus? whatever the hell those things are that keep coffee hot- and dont even pull over, just chuck some water out at the window while you're rolling and hit the wipers

other than that.. I have no idea what to tell you lol

Old 08-19-2008, 07:13 PM   #14
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CactusWill View Post
Mine just had this problem, BUT IT WASN'T THE RESERVOIR LEAKING.

Open your hood, look for the plastic lines that go up to your windshield. Follow the lines down the hood until it gets down around the battery. Inspect them very closely in this area.

Mine were almost completely corroded away near the battery. When I went to fill the reservoir while looking at the plastic lines, I could see the water siphoning itself out as I was filling it. I cut out the bad section of plastic line, replaced it with rubber vacuum hose line, GTG.

The same exact thing happen to mine. I thought the sprayers were clogged up because it was just like misting the window. Did it in my driveway, got out of the car and there was a puddle. Easy fix though.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:21 PM   #15
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

Quote:

Autozone can get them for around $20 bucks. Take a pic of it so I can see if its the same that happen to mine, if it is I will get pics of what I did so you can fix it for free, well unless you don't have zip ties and RTV sealant.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:05 PM   #16
C_EICK

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyballs_69 View Post
Autozone can get them for around $20 bucks. Take a pic of it so I can see if its the same that happen to mine, if it is I will get pics of what I did so you can fix it for free, well unless you don't have zip ties and RTV sealant.

I just put everything back together, I have to go to work at 6am tomorrow, i didnt even think of taking pictures...lol...im almost positive it is what your describing... I will try the rtv though.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:07 PM   #17
C_EICK

Thank you to everyone with your suggestions
Old 08-19-2008, 08:07 PM   #18
Midgear
on vacation

nobody liked my suggestion lol

Old 08-19-2008, 09:03 PM   #19
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgear View Post
the reservoir is right in front of the driver-side tire.. you have to pull the fender down to see it and access it.. my sensor is plugged in upside down in it.. so when its full- I get the low washer fluid light.. and when I run out.. the light shuts off lol..

need to turn it around
mine was the same way for the longest time! LOL

as for the leak, the pump maybe cracked, seal is bad, or a hose got disconnected.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:09 PM   #20
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgear View Post
nobody liked my suggestion lol

I THINK LIKE YOU.....my washer pump is dead so i gotta carry a gallon with me