Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 02-26-2009, 11:48 PM   #21
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Probably won't be long before it hits PA too.

Brad in reguards to your comment: I had 15% all around when I lived in the city, got one ticket for it in the burbs, but it was more of a "geografical" (sp) ticket since these cops don't like anybody from the city.

When I moved to the burbs, I said I'd re-tint the windows if I got a ticket, and I did, but not in my town, about 4 towns over, a poorer town and the ticket was more than the other one I got.

Bottom line, city cops don't give a shit about tinted windows, they have much better things to do

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:54 PM   #22
NickAlero2000
GLS member

NickAlero2000 is on a distinguished road
I agree, I got pulled over by a damned trooper.
Nothing better for him to do I think...
NickAlero2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:56 PM   #23
NickAlero2000
GLS member

And Redog, I have 30-15 right now. I may go up to 50 once this ordeal is over, if I don't wind up getting out of it. But 50-15 will look wierd. But then again, 100-15 looks plain stupid, so idk...
Old 02-27-2009, 07:49 AM   #24
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
Probably won't be long before it hits PA too.

Brad in reguards to your comment: I had 15% all around when I lived in the city, got one ticket for it in the burbs, but it was more of a "geografical" (sp) ticket since these cops don't like anybody from the city.

When I moved to the burbs, I said I'd re-tint the windows if I got a ticket, and I did, but not in my town, about 4 towns over, a poorer town and the ticket was more than the other one I got.

Bottom line, city cops don't give a shit about tinted windows, they have much better things to do
I got to give it to you that was the most creative way to spell geographical that I have seen in my life...LOL! If I didn't live in this country would think that was right...LOL
Old 02-27-2009, 12:07 PM   #25
MattismodderX
GLS member

MattismodderX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MattismodderX
fyi.. in ohio at least - if a police officer pulls you over because of your tints ie: Thats the whole reason the cop pulled you over. then he/she technically cant do anything about it. You have to have a moving violation in order for them to say anything about the tint. so if you have been pulled over and gotten a ticket or told to remove tint and thats the only thing that the cop pulled you over for... u take it to court- you win! (was talking to the owner of a local tinting shop about it)
Old 02-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #26
xstrong4lifex
GL Member

xstrong4lifex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xstrong4lifex
I have 35% tint and pulled over but not because of the tint cause of speeding, so my guess is if you live in NY have just about 35% tint.
xstrong4lifex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:29 PM   #27
NickAlero2000
GLS member

35 is what mine read on the tint meter.
35 is too dark, the only seemingly safe bet in this state seems to be 50 or 70...
Old 02-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #28
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattismodderX View Post
fyi.. in ohio at least - if a police officer pulls you over because of your tints ie: Thats the whole reason the cop pulled you over. then he/she technically cant do anything about it. You have to have a moving violation in order for them to say anything about the tint. so if you have been pulled over and gotten a ticket or told to remove tint and thats the only thing that the cop pulled you over for... u take it to court- you win! (was talking to the owner of a local tinting shop about it)
The rules are different everywhere you go. Here a tint violation is a primary offense and not a secondary one, therefore the cops here unfortunately can pull you over for tint alone.