Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 08-08-2006, 06:51 PM   #1
SeaHoCaptain

Power Steering leaking...

OK,
Power Steering Fluid has been disappearing. I crawled under and found the leak and looking for solutiuons. It appears to be on the return side. It's not in the rubber hose but rather a small pin hole in the metal line (kind of coiled, the whole coil just has all kind of play and moves all over the place) that is under the passenger feet area of the car. Runs up the firewall and eventually connects to a rubber hose and the rubber hose is then clamped with a SS clamp to the return to the resevior.
Can I cut the hole out and put a piece of rubber hydraulic hose on use two SS clamps or do I have to go out and find this whole dang piece and rplace the whole line? FYI, The closest Junk yard does have any Aleros.... any other solutions???
David
Old 08-08-2006, 06:55 PM   #2
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
yea i dont see why you couldnt splice it. thats what i would do.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:35 PM   #3
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
i also see no reason why you couldn't just put a different little piece in where its leaking...i would probably do the same. either that or duct tape for the time being...its always a good universal bandaide til you can get a proper fix
Old 08-08-2006, 07:47 PM   #4
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
See if autozone or any parts store has the hose. Theres a reason those lines are metal and heavy duty since its alot of the pressure. Don't want the clamps or anything to burst if you splice. I have heard people having problems with the power steering hose bursting.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:12 PM   #5
SeaHoCaptain

I know the feed side is under pressure. I figure the return isnt under too much pressure because of the SS clamp at the resevoir. I'm also guessing the return has the metal lines along the way and the reason it is somewhat coiled is to possibly disipitate heat. You know, act like a heat sink. I think that is tomorrows project Starting to get dark.

David
Old 08-08-2006, 08:13 PM   #6
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
why dont u let your daughter work on her car?! lol
Old 08-08-2006, 09:06 PM   #7
SeaHoCaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal2000 View Post
why dont u let your daughter work on her car?! lol
Can't afford it ... LOL ... Cost me enough with me doing the work ... She has been coming out to watch...

David
Old 08-10-2006, 08:09 AM   #8
SeaHoCaptain

OK ... I went to the auto part store. For $3, they had a metal fill product that works on all metals, good to 350 degrees, and 3500psi. Takes 1 hr to set, 4hr to cure. Sine its only a pin hole with a slow drip I decided to give it a try before cutting the line. So far ... so good. Fingers crossed.

Process is clean the area. Need the puddy to a consistant color. Rub into the break. Let cure. Easy as pie... Hope it holds.

David
Old 08-10-2006, 10:43 AM   #9
acold7dusta

hope it holds too. good job on crackin down and repairing that. my lines been leaking for....goin on 3 monthes now... lol better get on that one of these days...