Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 11-18-2003, 04:56 PM   #1
Grouch

Quote:
Originally posted by "Springs Fastest Alero"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Springs Fastest Alero")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Just some initial thoughts.

PRICING: ***
Looks: *****
Performance: (as of now) ****
Installation Dificulty: *****

Thoughts: After 2 years in the making and one year of personal waiting They are finally here. Good over all construction, Except for the tubes not being D-port to match the head. Coating looks good. Well layed out for what they had to work with. I don't recomend installing them yourself.

Right now performance seems to be pretty good. No track or dyno numbers yet. Just a few road tests. Engine revs up easier and seems to have more throttle response and power on demand. even from bad drop points like 40 the car gets up quicker than it used to. definately more grunt. At arround 3,000 RPM the car really starts to pull and seems to have lots more top end than before. This is prolly also due to the other mods on the car. TOG said you will gain more from your other mods with headers. If I dyno at what I'm susposed to I"ll have close to 170hp and 196tq at the wheels. the header have definately added more than any other single mod I've done but we'll just have to see what they are really worth.

I would never pay $850 for these they are good but not that good.
$700 maybe (I'm not that rich). To each their own I guess.

Thoughts on the company: TOG has come a long way, I had giving up on them a few months back till they contacted me recently to become a dealer again. Jon B over at TOG has been very helpfull! he has responded to all emails within a day or 2. also any problems that cmae up he called at let me know before I found out myself. he was also allready on track fixing them. Example: flex pipe was not boxed with headers by mistake.
headers were over nighted. Before I got them that dya they called and told me I might not have a flex pipe, so the overnighted another one to be ther at 10:30. Well ups sent that back for some bs reasons and they over nighted it agian in a different box.

Being I was the test mule and the first person outside of TOG to get ahold of and install them. things went pretty well. being a company owner myself, I understand not everythign goes smoothly when you first get a product out. Considering everythign that has happend and the way it was handled. TOG gets a 9 on ascale of 1 to 10.
however the headers get a 7 or 8 depending on my test results. Overall they are good but they could be better.

John

P.S. please excuse typos. I'm dislexic[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-"Springs Fastest Alero"

well I must say they are definatly worth it.
showed a gian of 19hp at the wheels! :shock:
[/quote]