Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Old 07-19-2004, 08:11 PM   #1
alero_ecotec
Special Agent

alero_ecotec is an unknown quantity at this point
so im looking in to putting a dual exahaust on my 2003 Alero with the Ecotec. But i was kind of looking to see if you guys could help me out with some pictures, links, info, ect. Any info you could give me would help, like costs, install times, anything. Thanks.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:07 AM   #2
Final-Reality

Nobody's put a dual exhaust on their ECOTEC because it's absolutly unnecessary. I recommend, if you have a stock engine, a single 2.5" exhaust system all the way back. That will be plenty for a stock and a mildly modified ECOTEC. If you're planning for a big upgrade in the future, to say a turbo or something (everybody always has "plans", after all), then I'd seriously recommend you wait until you have said large upgrade to upgrade your exhaust as well. Anything larger than 2.5" piping is going to seriously hurt low-end torque and engine response on a stock or mildly modified ECOTEC.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:13 AM   #3
Sportalero

-edit-
Old 07-20-2004, 02:21 AM   #4
5spdAlero

I have dual exhaust on my eco, no pics yet. All mine is a dynomax super turbo muffler, single inlet dual outlet. Ill put pics up when i get my new tips, right now its jsut turn downs. Im getting a set of stock camaro Z28 tips, painting them gloss black and flush mounting with the rear bumper, becasue my cars black. Pics should be here soon
Old 07-20-2004, 05:23 PM   #5
gxryan

I'd really like to see a picture of that when u get the chance thanx.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:30 PM   #6
havik

I'm assuming you don't mean true dual exhaust (straight from the manifold), cause if so reread Final's thread. Otherwise, one that I'd recommend would be the Dynomax muffler that 5spdAlero mentioned.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:55 PM   #7
alero_ecotec
Special Agent

alero_ecotec is an unknown quantity at this point
No, sorry i should have been more clear. I didnt mean dual exhaust straight from the manifold. I know that would be worthless.
Old 07-24-2004, 02:37 AM   #8
havik

Well then I can only suggest the Dynomax muffler as it's the only one I can vouch for in person.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:38 AM   #9
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
http://rksport.com/product/p_02093527/view_detail

right there
iam thinking about that for next year
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote